The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Having them all sleeping in a big pile of bodies with nobody staying awake to guard on the same night they've fought off an attack too, they all deserve to die really.

Otis

Having them all sleeping in a big pile of bodies with nobody staying awake to guard on the same night they've fought off an attack too, they all deserve to die really.
Yep.

And who decided that, that was the Saviours done for the night and that they wouldn't be coming back?

They saw them drive off. That's obviously means they would have driven off for miles and returned to base and no way on this earth would they have just parked up around the corner or a mile or two down the road to regroup.

Yeah, the mass sleepover was like an all you can eat buffet.

skybluegod

Why do you guys watch it if all you are going to moan about how shit it is
You would soon be complaining if it was another building episode and nothing happened.
I think it was another good episode, I think this season has gone pretty well, been able to bond with characters again and in general has been OK.

Otis

Because it has been going now since 2010 and I have been watching it for 8 long years and you get invested in it and still want to know how it all ends.

It was the same with Lost. By the end I really was struggling to watch any more, but I stuck with it to see how it all ended.

TWD needs to stop being dumb. It has been getting more ridiculous as it has gone on.

How many times now have Negan and Simon been right in the trigger hairs only for every bullet to miss and for them to escape?

I still like the show, but I think it right and proper to criticise bad writing and gigantic plot holes.

It could still be good, but too often offers up really dumb character actions.

The watching audience has been dropping for some time now and it is plain to see why.

Shame really.

Otis

Plus what ajsccfc just said.

I do still like it, but it used to be a great show and no longer is.

I kept watching Only Fools and Horses too right to the end, even though by the time it popped it's clogs it had become a bit tired and stale.

skybluegod

You keep saying about characters not being killed off, but then complain that we don’t have a chance to connect with the characters?
You complain about slow building episodes, and yet this season has been fast paced, a lot has happened, but still you are unhappy, sure they have had chances to kill each other, but at the end of the day it is meant to be dramatic, would be pretty boring if Megan and Simon died after the first episode. I’m sure people would then complain it was too easy and unrealistic... blah blah blah

Otis

You keep saying about characters not being killed off, but then complain that we don’t have a chance to connect with the characters?
You complain about slow building episodes, and yet this season has been fast paced, a lot has happened, but still you are unhappy, sure they have had chances to kill each other, but at the end of the day it is meant to be dramatic, would be pretty boring if Megan and Simon died after the first episode. I’m sure people would then complain it was too easy and unrealistic... blah blah blah
Think you are missing the point. :)

It's fine not to kill characters off. No problem with that at all, but when you are writing it and making and producing it, it is all rather dumb and stupid to write and make storylines whereby you have your enemy totally defenceless, RIGHT in front of you, with you having them completely at your mercy and then you fire and you miss!!

THAT is the problem with not killing characters off. It's HOW they don't kill them off. I don't mind Negan getting away, but at least make it credible.

And I think you are mistaking me with someone else too. I love slow burning episodes. I loved the entire farm series where very little happened. That was one of my favourite seasons.

I just don't like padding where we seemingly don't move the story on and don't develop characters.

The farm one was great because it was a clash of morality and standpoint between Rick and his group and Herschel and his family.

Anyway, back to the not killing off. All they need to do is write in a sensible way how the likes of Negan keeps getting away, and stop having him as an unarmed sitting duck where every bullet seemingly just misses him by millimetres.

You seem deeply offended and upset. I don't get it.

I just think it could still be a very good show if they cut out all the ridiculous plothole nonsense.

Otis

This is exactly th kind of scenario I am talking about.

The Saviours get into the Hilltop compound. All the lights are out and it appears deserted. Not a sound, not a person to be seen.

Simon and Dwight are right at the front of the group.

The lights of the cars suddenly come on and now just a couple of Saviours stand in front of Simon and Dwight.

The Hilltop people are then shooting directly at them from the cars, from the downstairs windows from the upstairs windows. Sitting ducks. Totally at the mercy of the Hilltop.

Yet Simon and Dwight escape.

Just a simple having Dwight and Simon either further back or standing to one side and it would all make sense. But caught out in the headlights like that (literally) and totally defenceless, there is no way they wouldn't get hit.

Attachments

• 20180328_150411.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Otis

Few frames on.

Attachments

• 20180328_150610.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 2
  • 20180328_150743.jpg
    20180328_150743.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

Otis

The Negan two were obviously much worse, especially the first incident at the Saviours den where Negan , Simon and Dwight etc. were all standing on the ledge and the Alexandria lot had them pinned down, out in the open and guns trained on them.

They opened fire and pretty much missed every single key character, whereas in reality they WOULD have easily hit them and most likely killed them.

As a writing team, if you want Negan alive, don't write putting him in such a sitting duck scenario . Simple.

Nick

Administrator
I stopped watching it for that reason, same with Prison Break. Obviously it isn't realistic as it is Zombies but when it got silly I lost interest.

Really stupid shit that a normal human just wouldn't do, it was always guaranteed to be somebody being a knobhead that lets the walkers in and it all goes to shit. Rinse and repeat.

That bit where the big ginger fella decided he wanted a gun the walker had so he climbed out to him dangling from a bridge while the walker was still alive?

I stopped watching before Negan, but it sounds like it's got sillier.

Otis

I stopped watching it for that reason, same with Prison Break. Obviously it isn't realistic as it is Zombies but when it got silly I lost interest.

Really stupid shit that a normal human just wouldn't do, it was always guaranteed to be somebody being a knobhead that lets the walkers in and it all goes to shit. Rinse and repeat.

That bit where the big ginger fella decided he wanted a gun the walker had so he climbed out to him dangling from a bridge while the walker was still alive?

I stopped watching before Negan, but it sounds like it's got sillier.
Exactly.

I hate dumbness in a show and the likes of Rick, Michonne, Negan and Carol are intelligent characters.

Just make it more plausible. There are plenty of ways to not kill Negan and just miss him.

Two weeks ago Rick rammed his car, forced him off the road and there was Negan, upside down in the overturned car and trapped. Only his bat for company.

So what did Rick do? Run up to the car and shoot him from close range? Nope! He started shooting at him from about 20 metre or so away and kept shooting until he ran out of bullets. THEN he got to the car and Negan escaped and ran off, seemingly not even hurt at all.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah that would annoy me too the nonsense like that.

Understandably it's about Zombies so not a true story, but just where they do stuff like that to drag things out rather than think about it and it just gets boring :(

Otis

20180328_154001.jpg 20180328_154038.jpg 20180328_154112.jpg 20180328_154205.jpg

Negan trapped in the overturned car.

Rick shooting at him from distance, then shooting closer up and then with his gun trained on him as Negan runs off.

ajsccfc

You keep saying about characters not being killed off, but then complain that we don’t have a chance to connect with the characters? You complain about slow building episodes, and yet this season has been fast paced, a lot has happened, but still you are unhappy, sure they have had chances to kill each other, but at the end of the day it is meant to be dramatic, would be pretty boring if Megan and Simon died after the first episode. I’m sure people would then complain it was too easy and unrealistic... blah blah blah

Consistency in the characters, rather than their personality completely changing on a whim without us being told the slightest reason why. Is Carol a badass or a homebody? Does Darryl believe in humanity or is he killing everyone in sight? What is Morgan this week? By the show's nature it's unrealistic, but any work of fiction still needs a set of rules to govern it otherwise the stupidity can stand out like a sore thumb.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake, you can like something at the same time that parts of it bug the hell out of you. We all want it to be great.

Otis

Would think after years of shooting they would have a decent aim.
Exactly! And he's just rammed him and ran him off the road and the car is upturned. He is obviously injured and Negan is almost always exclusively seen only with his baseball bat and not a gun.

So why oh why shoot at him from 20 metres away? And if you look at the aim, half the bullets are going into the under chassis of the car and away from the drivers seat.

Otis

Consistency in the characters, rather than their personality completely changing on a whim without us being told the slightest reason why. Is Carol a badass or a homebody? Does Darryl believe in humanity or is he killing everyone in sight? What is Morgan this week? By the show's nature it's unrealistic, but any work of fiction still needs a set of rules to govern it otherwise the stupidity can stand out like a sore thumb.

It's not moaning for moaning's sake, you can like something at the same time that parts of it bug the hell out of you. We all want it to be great.
Couldn't have put it better myself and Carol, Rick, Daryl and Morgan are all over the place. Like you say, no consistency and they change on a whim.

I can forgive Rick to a degree because he has lost so much more than anyone else, his partner, his wife, his son, but others to from one extreme to another at the drop of a hat.

skybluegod

Think you are missing the point. :)

It's fine not to kill characters off. No problem with that at all, but when you are writing it and making and producing it, it is all rather dumb and stupid to write and make storylines whereby you have your enemy totally defenceless, RIGHT in front of you, with you having them completely at your mercy and then you fire and you miss!!

THAT is the problem with not killing characters off. It's HOW they don't kill them off. I don't mind Negan getting away, but at least make it credible.

And I think you are mistaking me with someone else too. I love slow burning episodes. I loved the entire farm series where very little happened. That was one of my favourite seasons.

I just don't like padding where we seemingly don't move the story on and don't develop characters.

The farm one was great because it was a clash of morality and standpoint between Rick and his group and Herschel and his family.

Anyway, back to the not killing off. All they need to do is write in a sensible way how the likes of Negan keeps getting away, and stop having him as an unarmed sitting duck where every bullet seemingly just misses him by millimetres.

You seem deeply offended and upset. I don't get it.

I just think it could still be a very good show if they cut out all the ridiculous plothole nonsense.

I can understand the rick shooting at Negan moans.
But this latest episode they killed around half of the saviours attacking? Speaking from experience the distance the saviours are from the house, there is no way the weapons would be 100% accurate. So I don’t think there can be any complaints about Simon not dying.

The slow burning episode comment wasn’t aimed at you it was a general statement to some people on the thread which is why I didn’t quote you.

I agree the farm season was one of the best, although I personally preferred season 3 the most. However I would argue that people are always going to enjoy the earlier seasons because it is a new ideas :)

No I’m not upset at all, sorry if it appears that way, I just wish people would see it’s based on a comic book and not meant to be totally realistic although I do appreciate why some people do dislike this side of it.

Otis

I can understand the rick shooting at Negan moans.
But this latest episode they killed around half of the saviours attacking? Speaking from experience the distance the saviours are from the house, there is no way the weapons would be 100% accurate. So I don’t think there can be any complaints about Simon not dying.

The slow burning episode comment wasn’t aimed at you it was a general statement to some people on the thread which is why I didn’t quote you.

I agree the farm season was one of the best, although I personally preferred season 3 the most. However I would argue that people are always going to enjoy the earlier seasons because it is a new ideas :)

No I’m not upset at all, sorry if it appears that way, I just wish people would see it’s based on a comic book and not meant to be totally realistic although I do appreciate why some people do dislike this side of it.
Just think it could be so much better.

Negan is very clever and it would have made more sense if in the ramming scene he had done something like say, set up a decoy, so a Saviour dressed up like him (everyone is supposed to be Negan anyway aren't they, so that fits).

Rick rams the car and finds it is not Negan, but someone merely dressed to make it look like him.

Just think there are more reasonable ways in which the 'good guys' don't quite manage to get Negan and how he keeps slipping through their fingers.

Viewing figures are dropping and I do think this forms a small part of why people are no longer watching.

Just needs a few less 'oh plllleeease' moments.

Everything the likes of Maggie does makes perfect sense, but some characters just waiver between moods and you never quite know what you are going to get.

It just could be so much better and I find that frustrating.

I have this same conversation with other friends who are not on SBT and they are all pretty much saying the same thing, which is a shame.

I will stick with it for sure, because I am now totally ingrained into the story and the characters.

Just needs a little bit more care and a bit more credibility with these near death scenes and also with character choices.

Carl has come across as a lot more intelligent in his thinking than the adults these past season or two.

The rest of the characters seem to do some intelligent stuff quickly followed by some rather dumb shit.

I know they are comic book, but I still want to understand the characters and root for the characters and believe in the characters.

RegTheDonk

Too many characters to follow last couple of seasons. You can spend a whole episode developing one of them, only to not see them for ages. Pointless.

They need a big cull, get it down to a core of a dozen at most. The kid was a step forward.

Otis

Too many characters to follow last couple of seasons. You can spend a whole episode developing one of them, only to not see them for ages. Pointless.

They need a big cull, get it down to a core of a dozen at most. The kid was a step forward.
As I've said before, I am not a big fan of flashback back stories on the whole, so that doesn't help.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it can be vital, but a lot of the time it can just be just padding.

Otis

What’s the deal with the helicopter?
Ha! Been thinking the same thing.

Decent enough episode last night, but can't understand the helicopter.

In these dystopian times it would be the only thing in the sky apart from birds and everyone at Alexandria and Hiltop and the Kingdom would have either seen it or heard it, yet no-one talks about it.

Even Negan asked, got no reply, then just walked off without mentioning it again.

Otis

Picking up nicely for next week
Yeah, good episode last night.

Only one very minor gripe and that was how on earth Eugene managed to escape, get down on his hands and knees and then pull rubble all over him to completely cover his entire body while he had his hands firmly tied?

A wild stab is that next week
Carol gets killed and Morgan mopes off in despair. It's Morgan's last ever episode on the show before he sets sail on the Fear the Walking Dead show. Dwight to survive and a few minor Hilltopians to kick the bucket.

scubasteve

I gave up on it a couple of years ago as I got fed up of the rinse and repeat story line, and not getting any answers or ending etc.
but I have a friend at work who still watches the walking dead, fear the walking dead, into the comics and all that. Anyway when talking about it last week he seems to suggest there isn't a ending to the series or story. it will just continue with new plots and story lines. similar to shows that go on for years. so anyone thinking they will get an answer or ending will be disappointed, apparently the comic is a good way into the future at least 3-4 years on in TV show material. and even that far in the future there is no answers to how it started, is there a cure etc. just more communities and stories around that.

Otis

I gave up on it a couple of years ago as I got fed up of the rinse and repeat story line, and not getting any answers or ending etc.
but I have a friend at work who still watches the walking dead, fear the walking dead, into the comics and all that. Anyway when talking about it last week he seems to suggest there isn't a ending to the series or story. it will just continue with new plots and story lines. similar to shows that go on for years. so anyone thinking they will get an answer or ending will be disappointed, apparently the comic is a good way into the future at least 3-4 years on in TV show material. and even that far in the future there is no answers to how it started, is there a cure etc. just more communities and stories around that.
So, you are I fact telling us it's like a macabre Coronation Street?

scubasteve

So, you are I fact telling us it's like a macabre Coronation Street?

Only from what I have been told from a fan boy who is into the walking dead. If anyone is expecting it to have a conclusion and be wrapped up in a few seasons you might be disappointed. There is no end to the story, just like greys anatomy or NCIS, just a continuation of new characters and sub plots.

Otis

Only from what I have been told from a fan boy who is into the walking dead. If anyone is expecting it to have a conclusion and be wrapped up in a few seasons you might be disappointed. There is no end to the story, just like greys anatomy or NCIS, just a continuation of new characters and sub plots.
I think there will be here though, at least to a degree. This is the TV series not the comic.

TV series will live and die by its viewing audience.

Wouldn't expect it to tie up every loose end, but I do think there will be a degree of resolution, otherwise it will end up being watched by a few hundred people.

It also differs from shows set in current times such as the ones you have offered.

This is a pandemic. A singular incident of infection. The shows you mention are perpetuated by ongoing, reoccurring, day to day happenings in life.

In TWD they are either going to find safety and or a cure, or the zombies will rule.

I don't see how in the TV series they can just leave it hanging. The whole thing revolves around one world wide incident occurring and they either put it right or they don't.

The TV show is now starting to differentiate itself from the comic anyway.

I am sure you are right that there will be spin-offs aplenty down the line, but I do think this particular hybrid will find some sort of conclusion, unsatisfactory or not.

That's my take on it anyway.

Nick

Administrator
It pisses me off when things drag on longer than needed, I don't even watch Corrie unless it's on at somebody elses house but that Phelan thing went on years and it annoyed me.

I did try to watch the Walking Dead spinoff but couldn't get into it :(

Otis

It pisses me off when things drag on longer than needed, I don't even watch Corrie unless it's on at somebody elses house but that Phelan thing went on years and it annoyed me.

I did try to watch the Walking Dead spinoff but couldn't get into it :(
Same here. Even though it was new it all started off feeling very old hat.

Otis

If they say they are making another 3 or 4 series of TWD I will just stop watching.

I think it needs to end either next season or the season after as far as I am concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread