The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
It just needs one of those shock moments, like in game of thrones with the red wedding.

Rick to be sat there having a cup of tea all happy and an arrow to go through his head, then just a nuke hits the earth and a man appears on a helicopter to start a new life form.

Otis

It just needs one of those shock moments, like in game of thrones with the red wedding.

Rick to be sat there having a cup of tea all happy and an arrow to go through his head, then just a nuke hits the earth and a man appears on a helicopter to start a new life form.
Ah, so you HAVE been watching!!!

scubasteve

I think there will be here though, at least to a degree. This is the TV series not the comic.

TV series will live and die by its viewing audience.

Wouldn't expect it to tie up every loose end, but I do think there will be a degree of resolution, otherwise it will end up being watched by a few hundred people.

It also differs from shows set in current times such as the ones you have offered.

This is a pandemic. A singular incident of infection. The shows you mention are perpetuated by ongoing, reoccurring, day to day happenings in life.

In TWD they are either going to find safety and or a cure, or the zombies will rule.

I don't see how in the TV series they can just leave it hanging. The whole thing revolves around one world wide incident occurring and they either put it right or they don't.

The TV show is now starting to differentiate itself from the comic anyway.

I am sure you are right that there will be spin-offs aplenty down the line, but I do think this particular hybrid will find some sort of conclusion, unsatisfactory or not.

That's my take on it anyway.

I didn't mean a literal comparison to these shows, just that they have both been going on for 15 or so seasons, and the story just keeps going there isn't a end to these shows. The walking dead is just story set in a post apocalyptic world, there is no end to the story it just carries on. its followed the comics fairly close from what I was told so I don't think it will change too much. You have watched 8 or 9 seasons now and discovered nothing, the story hasn't progressed to a end game in the slightest, just more communities that have interactions with each other and from what I was told if it continues to follow the comic its just more of the same.

Otis

I didn't mean a literal comparison to these shows, just that they have both been going on for 15 or so seasons, and the story just keeps going there isn't a end to these shows. The walking dead is just story set in a post apocalyptic world, there is no end to the story it just carries on. its followed the comics fairly close from what I was told so I don't think it will change too much. You have watched 8 or 9 seasons now and discovered nothing, the story hasn't progressed to a end game in the slightest, just more communities that have interactions with each other and from what I was told if it continues to follow the comic its just more of the same.
It is diversifying quite a bit now from the comics though. It is beginning to find its own feet and own way.

ajsccfc

They're saying that the end of this season will serve as the conclusion to the first eight seasons as a whole, so S9 might jump a little into the future.

SkyBlueScottie

After not enjoying season 7, and the first half of S8, I have to say the second half has been a return to form, here's hoping that S9 and the new show runner brings it back to the heady heights previously viewed. I think the final scenes of tonight's episode promise to be a decent watch.

ajsccfc

I get why Maggie wants to show Rick about Negan, but how come Darryl and Jesus are suddenly on board?

Otis

I get why Maggie wants to show Rick about Negan, but how come Darryl and Jesus are suddenly on board?
Yeah, that little scenario and scene was quite ridiculous I felt.

Shame, cos it was a decent episode.

I see Rick is still a crackshot/crapshot.

Crack shot when killing any walker and baddie apart from Negan and a crapshot when it comes to just shooting at Negan.

skybluegod

I had to wait to post otherwise it may have ruined it for you all, but what the hell.
Honestly feels like they killed the show for me last night.
The episode was brilliant, Eugene being the saviour, Rick ‘killing’ then saving Negan just like Carl would have wanted, he rediscovers his humanity by not killing everyone, and even Maggies reaction was right...
but for Daryl and jesus to turn on rick why?
Jesus wanted to spare all of the saviours so why is he in agreement.
Daryl? He’s meant to be ricks brother, right hand man, and his closest friend... I get that he feels a sense of loyalty to Maggie after getting Glenn killed but the whole magic of the series was how a group of strangers, had become a family and now they have destroyed that.

Otis

I had to wait to post otherwise it may have ruined it for you all, but what the hell.
Honestly feels like they killed the show for me last night.
The episode was brilliant, Eugene being the saviour, Rick ‘killing’ then saving Negan just like Carl would have wanted, he rediscovers his humanity by not killing everyone, and even Maggies reaction was right...
but for Daryl and jesus to turn on rick why?
Jesus wanted to spare all of the saviours so why is he in agreement.
Daryl? He’s meant to be ricks brother, right hand man, and his closest friend... I get that he feels a sense of loyalty to Maggie after getting Glenn killed but the whole magic of the series was how a group of strangers, had become a family and now they have destroyed that.
Agree.

You can fully understand Maggie's need for revenge and a feeling that Rick had let her down (Michonne? Not so much), but Daryl and then Jesus? What??

Didn't make any sense.

Can only assume that they thought because there was no longer any baddie, best create a sort of baddie from within.

It was daft at best.

In reality, Maggie would grieve and be annoyed for a couple of days or so, but then calm down and understand the reasoning, but maybe still hold a bit of a grudge.
Daryl has often disagreed with Rick, but would never turn his back on him and as for Jesus, unless the notion is that he has been playing a part this whole time, it just doesn't make any kind of sense whatsoever.

The whole Jesus ethical and moral creed which he has lived by is a complete lie.

Otis

A few other little points.

1. It's a big leap from being annoyed and in disagreement about something to then suddenly wanting your friends dead.

2. Haven't they all been seeking some sort of solace and pace and happy coexistence? Isn't that all that Rick is saying?

3. Rick spares Negan, yet Daryl spares Dwight. Differing levels of wrongdoing, but still...

4. Didn't Rick carry Maggie miles and miles through the woods to save her?

5. Didn't Daryl only a couple of episodes apologize to Rick?

I get that the characters would be annoyed that Negan was still alive, but surely, rather than seek vengeance upon Rick and Michonne, they would simply make a pact to sneak in behind the bars and top Negan off at a given opportunity. THAT is who the quarrel is with, Ngean, not Rick.

That little scene just seemed to be at odds with the rest of the episode and was quite bizarre and baffling. It was almost like a pantomime-esque 'But I'm not a boy, I'm a girl!!' moment.

Shame. Enjoyed it otherwise.

ajsccfc

I get that the characters would be annoyed that Negan was still alive, but surely, rather than seek vengeance upon Rick and Michonne, they would simply make a pact to sneak in behind the bars and top Negan off at a given opportunity. THAT is who the quarrel is with, Ngean, not Rick.
That's what I assumed they meant, but who can tell with this show? Jesus sparing the Saviours and Darryl sparing Dwight only to agree that Rick not wanting to kill everyone was wrong, Rick talking about not hurting Negan and threatening to take his stitches out, you can't tell what's what every five seconds.

Otis

Oh, I read it as they were looking to top off, or at least outcast, Rick and Michonne.

Otis

That is the worst thing about TWD, the wild fluctuation of character behaviour and mindset.

All over the place at times. That's Rick, Daryl, Carol, Morgan, Maggie and now Jesus!

Otis

They've just set her up as being integral to next season, surely.
Certainly have.

If she is leaving they would have to have at least one episode with her in the next series to explain what the hell is going on.

ajsccfc

LDbqktx.png

3usoYUi.png

larry_david

No I mean as a character. I just think she's just turned into a waste of a player in the show. Also, she's been pregnant the last two seasons and isn't even showing yet!

larry_david

Although obviously she's going to be key next season. I agree with everyone here, that look on jesus face when she said it was pure, i absolutely agree let's kill that prick rick, and yet ever since we've known him he's been nothing but the good moral. Doesn't make sense at all.

Apparently the new enemy are...the walkers!! Big herds who are controlled by a group, that's what I've heard anyway

Otis

Although obviously she's going to be key next season. I agree with everyone here, that look on jesus face when she said it was pure, i absolutely agree let's kill that prick rick, and yet ever since we've known him he's been nothing but the good moral. Doesn't make sense at all.

Apparently the new enemy are...the walkers!! Big herds who are controlled by a group, that's what I've heard anyway
I wonder if they will get intelligent again after being so dumb for the past 5 seasons or so.

You watch the first two seasons and they are fast, are using tools to break down doors and rocks to smash glass and are climbing over stuff rather than just being stuck behind a fence or door just gently bumping into barriers.

They just suddenly slowed right down and became as daft as a brush.

skybluegod

I have just read that Scott gimple (show director) has said that it is not Maggie Vs Rick directly. But what it is is that Maggie will lead Hilltop and make it Flourish. But she had unfinished business with Negan, and still wants him dead. So perhaps not what we thought but wouldn’t be the first time producers have lead us down the wrong path!

Otis

I have just read that Scott gimple (show director) has said that it is not Maggie Vs Rick directly. But what it is is that Maggie will lead Hilltop and make it Flourish. But she had unfinished business with Negan, and still wants him dead. So perhaps not what we thought but wouldn’t be the first time producers have lead us down the wrong path!
Yeah, well that was my first thought, but then saw that some critic had written that the conclusion was that Maggie wanted to either kill, or outcast Rick and Michonne.

My own deduction was that Rick was going to be ousted as decision maker.

skybluegod

Yeah, well that was my first thought, but then saw that some critic had written that the conclusion was that Maggie wanted to either kill, or outcast Rick and Michonne.

My own deduction was that Rick was going to be ousted as decision maker.

My initial thought was that they want him dead or rid of, but I don’t think he is one to step down as leader out of sheer pressure? He said at the start of season 8 that he was going to follow Maggie when this was all over but he is the only leader to have strode for peace in the end?

Otis

My initial thought was that they want him dead or rid of, but I don’t think he is one to step down as leader out of sheer pressure? He said at the start of season 8 that he was going to follow Maggie when this was all over but he is the only leader to have strode for peace in the end?
To want to kill Rick and Michonne was a twist too far, so glad it isn't that.

ajsccfc

Lauren Cohan's all signed up now so they must have paid her star money, which is only right if she's going to be arguably the main character of the next season.

Otis

Lauren Cohan's all signed up now so they must have paid her star money, which is only right if she's going to be arguably the main character of the next season.
She should get more than all the others because she is by far the prettiest, apart from Eugene of course.

Users who are viewing this thread