The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

I didn't know it was being shown before tonight, which made it a nice surprise to see the Sky box had it ready to watch when I woke up.

The scene everyone was waiting for was more graphic than I expected, I thought they'd cut away.

Otis

A lot of negative reviews I have noticed, mind.

I really liked it, but looking at the reviews after, some are quite scathing and negative.

Will talk about it more after tonight's airing on British TV.

skybluegod

A lot of negative reviews I have noticed, mind.

I really liked it, but looking at the reviews after, some are quite scathing and negative.

Will talk about it more after tonight's airing on British TV.

It was the episode i expected it was clear they were never going to develop the story much further. But what they did was shocking.

skybluegod

I didn't know it was being shown before tonight, which made it a nice surprise to see the Sky box had it ready to watch when I woke up.

The scene everyone was waiting for was more graphic than I expected, I thought they'd cut away.

So did I, but i suppose TWD has never been a show like that.

ajsccfc

Goriest scenes I can remember before now is Noah's face being torn open and Lori having the rusty caesarean, that was grim.

skybluejelly

Thought it was great ..although made me feel bad .. ( in a good way ) if that makes sense .. like you say will discuss it later after it's been aired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Watching it again when I get home, fantastic episode. Most disturbing bit for me was the snot bubble from Rick.
If you freeze frame it and zoom in, you can see the words 'I love you Michonne' interweavingly written into the snot.

Clever that.

Skyblueweeman

Managed to watch it on my iPad this morning whilst the wife was getting ready.

Wow. Just wow.

Gonna be a great series!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

Managed to watch it on my iPad this morning whilst the wife was getting ready.

Wow. Just wow.

Gonna be a great series!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Seems like the fans loved it and the critics gave it a lot of stick.

Will talk in more detail following the show tonight.

Liquid Gold

I like how Rick has lost 3 of his best people for taking them on, Abraham was a tough guy, Glen always helped in every situation and Darryl goes without saying. Massive change in direction from last season which is needed. Just 4/5 episodes of them crying and being pathetic and subservient before anything happens now

Otis

I like how Rick has lost 3 of his best people for taking them on, Abraham was a tough guy, Glen always helped in every situation and Darryl goes without saying. Massive change in direction from last season which is needed. Just 4/5 episodes of them crying and being pathetic and subservient before anything happens now
Yeah, probably.

I really enjoyed it, but like the critics I did have a few problems with it.

Didn't help that I knew the outcome in advance. That must have knocked a great deal of surprise out of me, as I saw it coming, but still, there were more than a few nagging things for me.

Maybe it was just me (be interested to know what others thought), but it was clear to me that there was no way Negan was going to ever make Rick go ahead and chop Carl's arm off. That was therefore for me a false suspense moment. It was so clear he was just trying to assert his authority. Had he made Rick done so he would have lost him completely and he wouldn't have conformed. He clearly just needed the threat to be acknowledged. Negan needs Rick working for him.

Also, in the situation the group were in, in the position the group were in, it was really, really dumb to show any dissent towards Negan at all. He had them completely by the balls and it was so clear that any dissent or refusal, or fightback was going to be met with mighty, mighty vengeance.

That's why I didn't get the Daryl bit of lashing out at all. Think that would have only have worked in the scenario of it having been pregnant Maggie that had been threatened with harm. Then an urge for protection might well have overruled any rational thought.

It was really, really dumb I felt, as were Rick's ridiculous comments about 'I will kill you're etc. His life could have been ended in an instant. The position he was in, totally outnumbered and at Negan's mercy, made those comments really idiotic.

None of them were in any position whatsoever to disobey or rebel, not even for a single second and the way Negan spoke about consequences of doing such made that patently obvious.

Then in turn also thought it was completely dumb of Negan to hold Daryl hostage, the one of Rick's group who DID fight back whilst being tied and held at gunpoint, who DID show dissent, who DID come across like a loose canon and had already killed so many of Negan's group. Carl would have been the obvious choice to ensure Rick's obedience.

The flash forwards to an imaginary happy future was very trite and almost laugh inducing and slightly ridiculous too. Just didn't work at all to my mind. I see a lot of critics have slammed that too.

Having said that, it was all brilliantly acted, taut, beautifully shot and Negan was a fantastic baddie. The whole thing had a great atmosphere about it and it was wonderfully played out. It was very, very good viewing.

I just thought some things just didn't work at all and were a bit silly. These are not thick people in Rick's group. These are people with intelligence and intellect for the most part. You don't endanger those closest to you, you button your lip, you dust yourselves down and you fight on, on another day.

That wouldn't have made great TV though of course would it. It did leave big plot holes and pushed the boundaries of acceptance from the audience though in going down the path the producers took us.

Guessing next week will be a little less Rick and Alexandria and much more Carol and Morgan and this new group encountered. Maybe Jesus too.

I don't think it was as infuriating as some of the critics have made out, but a few niggling things brought it well down from the 10/10 it could have been I reckon.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The second kill was the one that shocked me, didn't see it coming to be honest

The bit with the eye popping was grim
Great episode though, gonna be a great series

Otis

Half hour in, struggling to get into it
Too drawn out?

I know another negative thrown at it was the fact that they elongated the wait to find out who killed, so 6 months and a then further 20 mins in.

I still maintain that if this had been 2 weeks after the last episode it would have had so much more impact.

Nick

Administrator
Too drawn out?

I know another negative thrown at it was the fact that they elongated the wait to find out who killed, so 6 months and a then further 20 mins in.

I still maintain that if this had been 2 weeks after the last episode it would have had so much more impact.

Yeah it just dragged out a bit.

ajsccfc

I like how they filmed death scenes for everyone to throw spoiler websites off the scent. Here's a grab from one of them

3934aa4816a833b48720dfd85cf13637.jpg

olderskyblue

was it just me, or did the ads seem longer?

Otis

was it just me, or did the ads seem longer?
Don't even remember the ads to be honest.

What do people think of Negan? Yeah, great, great baddie and all that, but I mean in terms of him as a person. I just don't buy at all this notion that he is not a bad bloke really, as has been stated by the producers and writers etc.

He MIGHT have been not a bad bloke in his previous life and incarnation and I know everyone pretty much has now become colder, hardened, less merciful etc. in this new world, but no-one in Rick's group has been as sadistical, or so twisted, so heartless and so cruel as Negan. He's up there with the Governor.

Rick and his group would never have killed people in such a manner. They would have never tortured anyone in such a manner or shown such coldness, heartlessness and cruelty.

Let's just call him for what he is, a great baddie, but a sick, sadistical bastard.

Not having this hero/anti hero thing at all.

Skyblueweeman

Don't even remember the ads to be honest.

What do people think of Negan? Yeah, great, great baddie and all that, but I mean in terms of him as a person. I just don't buy at all this notion that he is not a bad bloke really, as has been stated by the producers and writers etc.

He MIGHT have been not a bad bloke in his previous life and incarnation and I know everyone pretty much has now become colder, hardened, less merciful etc. in this new world, but no-one in Rick's group has been as sadistical, or so twisted, so heartless and so cruel as Negan. He's up there with the Governor.

Rick and his group would never have killed people in such a manner. They would have never tortured anyone in such a manner or shown such coldness, heartlessness and cruelty.

Let's just call him for what he is, a great baddie, but a sick, sadistical bastard.

Not having this hero/anti hero thing at all.

You're well looking into things too deeply Otis!

Otis

You're well looking into things too deeply Otis!

Yep, totally agree.

I might seek therapy.

Funnily enough, I watched the episode, thought it was totally brilliant, but then sat down and reflected upon it and started picking it all apart.

Please come visit me at a the Caludon Centre asap.

Users who are viewing this thread