The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well I'm already looking forward to The next episode

Otis

The 9.00pm broadcast was cut:

http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/the-wa...d-uk-broadcast-cut-violence-glenn-final-line/

"The 9pm UK broadcast of the season 7 premiere omitted certain moments on Monday night (October 24), including Glenn's final line.

The edited version cuts down on the number of times Negan can be seen bashing both Abraham and Glenn's heads, while particularly gruesome shots of Glenn's face and body on the floor also weren't shown.

UK viewers may have seen Glenn's face after the initial whack with Negan's barbed wire-covered baseball bat - his eyeball popping out and part of his brain exposed - but only for a couple of seconds.

They did not see the five-second shot of Glenn slowly uttering the line "I will find you" to a devastated Maggie before Negan finishes the job.
"
So the 2.30 am version I watched was the uncut, more harrowing version?

ajsccfc

The DVD release has proper swears in it apparently, so that awful closing line in Terminus of them 'messing with the wrong people' is remedied and Negan will have a right old filthy mouth on him too.

Sky_Blue_Daz

There's leaked footage going round of Negan introducing Lucille to Maggie

Otis

There's leaked footage going round of Negan introducing Lucille to Maggie

I hope it's introducing to her head and not another part of her anatomy. :eek: :nailbiting:

I believe they filmed each and every character getting a dose of Lucille didn't they?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just had a check on fox and it's not listed for tonight/tomorrow

skybluejelly

Anybody watched last night's yet?

Yes .. I found it quite boring ...but it's obviously building up to something else...I think it will be like last season ,1 good episode,3 boring ones,then another good one to keep you interested..

Otis

What a pile of padded hooey!

And the king stuff was just ludicrous. The people needed something and someone to believe in. So therefore the leader has to act like a sub Shakespeare ham king.

Otis

Carol needs killing
I usually respect her as an actress, but that wild, hammy overacting at the start was just plain silly.

I get that it was an act, but no-one in their right mind in the history of mankind would be buying that for a single second.

For that first 15 mins of the episode I thought I was watching an OTT, church hall amateur dramatic company playing out the worst play ever written.

No-one in their right mind would buy the Shakespearean king and his idiot wingman act or the crazily innocent apple pie mom routine.

The episode improved very slightly as it went on, but that start was excruciating viewing.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Have to admit, it was a bit of a damp squib after last week's episode. Can't agree with Nick though. Carol HAS to stay!

Nick

Administrator
Have to admit, it was a bit of a damp squib after last week's episode. Can't agree with Nick though. Carol HAS to stay!

Nah, next time she tries that fake laugh shit just put a bullet in her head and walk away like nothing has happened.

Otis

Nah, next time she tries that fake laugh shit just put a bullet in her head and walk away like nothing has happened.
It was 'nice Carol' turned up to a Spinal Tap 11. Way, way OTT and completely obvious she was taking the piss.

You can kind of see the way this is going to go.

Wayward, lost, given up on violence, given up on the world Carol.

It will be her though in the end that will wreak compete and total havoc without a single thought and kill Negan and half his men Rambo style.

Hope not, cos if so it is very much telegraphed with a big neon sign pointing out of the sky saying 'this is what's going to happen.'

ajsccfc

I liked Carol when they first integrated in Alexandria, playing the nice cheery housewife and then scaring the ever loving shit out of that kid. Badass.

Otis

I liked Carol when they first integrated in Alexandria, playing the nice cheery housewife and then scaring the ever loving shit out of that kid. Badass.
Yeah, that was cool and sneaky and beautifully underplayed.

Now she is Mrs Ham of Ham Hall Central Hotel, SH1T OTT.

ajsccfc

I'm not sure what they're doing with her, and like you I'm losing interest somewhat as there's a deluge of other characters to focus on instead. I assume it's all leading to her being a bad mama jamma like when she saved everyone from Terminus which while cool would be a little disappointing as the show needs a little unpredictability.

Otis

I'm not sure what they're doing with her, and like you I'm losing interest somewhat as there's a deluge of other characters to focus on instead. I assume it's all leading to her being a bad mama jamma like when she saved everyone from Terminus which while cool would be a little disappointing as the show needs a little unpredictability.

Yep, agreed.

I hope they don't go down the badass Rambo enlightenment route, because as you say, that is totally predictable.

Be much better if say Eugene suddenly killed Negan out of the blue in revenge for the slaying of Abraham.

Si80

Negan isn't going to die in my opinion. This season is going to be about him controlling both sets of groups and the mind games that he runs through them keeping them all on edge.

Will be a few more deaths at the hands of Lucille I reckon to keep the shock factor, but I just can't see Negan being killed off so soon after an excellent introduction to the series.

Otis

Negan isn't going to die in my opinion. This season is going to be about him controlling both sets of groups and the mind games that he runs through them keeping them all on edge.

Will be a few more deaths at the hands of Lucille I reckon to keep the shock factor, but I just can't see Negan being killed off so soon after an excellent introduction to the series.

Absolutely. I don't think for a second he will be killed this series. I think it will be Season 8, right near the end.

Otis

Which means we have probably got a season and half of whining, whingeing, pitiful Carol to endure.

ajsccfc

Warning, spoilers from the comics re: Negan
The Saviours are eventually beaten by Alexandria/Kingdom/Hilltop ganging up, but Negan doesn't get killed but imprisoned. He ends up escaping but rather than get revenge is siding with Rick and pals against the Whisperers, although it's left in the air how sincere he is at the moment.

That could easily cover at least three more seasons of the TV show, so he's going nowhere unless they really depart from the comic

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
The reason I don't want to see the end of Carol is probably a bit selfish. I think she's a bit hot!
;)

Melissa%20McBride.jpg

ajsccfc

That's pretty much why I'd like Rosita to live a full life, despite her not doing a single thing of note so far.

chiefdave

Only 10 mins in to episode 2 and I'm close to turning off. How do you go from last week to this drivel?

Otis

Only 10 mins in to episode 2 and I'm close to turning off. How do you go from last week to this drivel?
Yep, exactly. The first 15 mins are truly dreadful.

It does improve, trust me. Still a plodder and well padded for the most part though.

Users who are viewing this thread