The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Ah another thing... what donwe think is gonna happen with that Indian lad Carl found?
Saviour in disguise?
Another bad group?
A good guy that will join the group ?
Or another good group??

Also what ever happened to Dwight’s wife, after she ran away? She must be due an appearance in first couple episodes surely
Interesting. Hard to decide whether the bloke was just there to illustrate Carl's state of mind at the moment and a potential challenge to his dad (there was also a line from Michonne about Carl now being in charge, so maybe Carl wants to go down a more compassionate route and that could be a conflict in the making). If that's the case the guy is just going to be irrelevant.

Alternatively of course, he could be from another group, or could even be a Saviour's stooge.

skybluegod

Interesting. Hard to decide whether the bloke was just there to illustrate Carl's state of mind at the moment and a potential challenge to his dad (there was also a line from Michonne about Carl now being in charge, so maybe Carl wants to go down a more compassionate route and that could be a conflict in the making). If that's the case the guy is just going to be irrelevant.

Alternatively of course, he could be from another group, or could even be a Saviour's stooge.

Yeah that scene between Carl and Michonne was weird.
But then I hope Carl dies this season anyway.
I think one of those 3 has too. Carl, rick, michonne. They can’t be one big happy family.
I think the guy is gonna be from another group, if it had just been the initial scene with rick chasing him off. Then I think you are right he would be irrelevant. But the fact that he went back and the guy was seen waiting there still. Suggests to me there is something more!
Have a feeling it will a boring building episode tomorrow though.

Otis

Yeah that scene between Carl and Michonne was weird.
But then I hope Carl dies this season anyway.
I think one of those 3 has too. Carl, rick, michonne. They can’t be one big happy family.
I think the guy is gonna be from another group, if it had just been the initial scene with rick chasing him off. Then I think you are right he would be irrelevant. But the fact that he went back and the guy was seen waiting there still. Suggests to me there is something more!
Have a feeling it will a boring building episode tomorrow though.
Maybe. I just read it at the time that it was showing Carl's compassionate side in leaving the tins of food, but yeah, they could have shown that and didn't need to show the bloke looking on did they, so you may well be right.

Yeah, I think this episode will be much more low key.

skybluegod

I would think that they have to kill off Negan this series though? Or do whatever they want to do with him this series. I think he will be killed off but in the comics he is kept alive.
But surely this season is that season, and that means they will have to start the next story line towards the end of this season, so maybe we will see Negan die fairly quickly...

Otis

I would think that they have to kill off Negan this series though? Or do whatever they want to do with him this series. I think he will be killed off but in the comics he is kept alive.
But surely this season is that season, and that means they will have to start the next story line towards the end of this season, so maybe we will see Negan die fairly quickly...
Maybe.

I too thought the Michonne comment to Carl was weird. What an odd thing to say. It clearly should have been a joke, but was played out dead straight.

Now making me wonder if Rick is going to die. Would all tie in then.

skybluegod

Maybe.

I too thought the Michonne comment to Carl was weird. What an odd thing to say. It clearly should have been a joke, but was played out dead straight.

Now making me wonder if Rick is going to die. Would all tie in then.

I don’t think they can kill off rick, only because the series is his life.
I do think though that he will get a bad injury. In the comics from what i was told, he lost an arm, when Glenn has his head bashed in. So I can see him losing a limb at some point.

skybluegod

Although rick did say to Maggie that he was going to follow her after this war?
But then last season he and michonne were planning on leading all 3 of the communities! All very confusing

Otis

Ah, now you have my imagination in overload.

The long beard, the lying down as if in a coffin........

Maybe Rick goes into a coma. The scene we keep seeing is of Rick dreaming, but maybe he is in fact lying there in a coma and of course he would then have the long beard. Would also explain why Michonne and Carl haven't aged, because he is dreaming it all.
Carl would then be in a position of more power too.

Last edited:

skybluegod

Second episode is OK, bit slow, but not terrible. Not as stupid as the first.
I predicted what happens at the end of the episode ages ago, but will be interesting to see what people think.

Otis

Second episode is OK, bit slow, but not terrible. Not as stupid as the first.
I predicted what happens at the end of the episode ages ago, but will be interesting to see what people think.
That episode was ten times better. Tension cranked up and the cinematic shot of Rick coming down the corridor was just beautiful.

I didn't guess the ending. Is it your assumption then that
Dwayne set Rick up?

skybluegod

That episode was ten times better. Tension cranked up and the cinematic shot of Rick coming down the corridor was just beautiful.

I didn't guess the ending. Is it your assumption then that
Dwayne set Rick up?

No sorry!
I meant I knew that the character who we see at the end comes back into it. Although a lot of people I have spoke to don’t remember him! I’m clearly just a sad loser ;)

I think Dwight, is defo on Rick’s side, but I think Negan Might know or has a hunch. We will see. It was a much better episode.

One thing that annoyed me... Aaron running to save his boyfriend Eric... where were they running too for God’s sake ahah

Otis

No sorry!
I meant I knew that the character who we see at the end comes back into it. Although a lot of people I have spoke to don’t remember him! I’m clearly just a sad loser ;)

I think Dwight, is defo on Rick’s side, but I think Negan Might know or has a hunch. We will see. It was a much better episode.

One thing that annoyed me... Aaron running to save his boyfriend Eric... where were they running too for God’s sake ahah
Yeah, agree, that was a bit schmaltzy nonsense wasn't it.

I certainly do NOT remember this new guy, at all!!!

Otis

Bloody hell, no wonder I , or many others don't remember him, he was in just 4 episodes back in season 1!!!

Even now I've looked and read up on who he was, it's still really hazy and he wasn't that big a character at all.

skybluegod

Bloody hell, no wonder I , or many others don't remember him, he was in just 4 episodes back in season 1!!!

Even now I've looked and read up on who he was, it's still really hazy and he wasn't that big a character at all.

Haha no, nobody remembers him except me it seems, but I have watched the whole series like 5? Times through ;)
He left the group when they all headed to the CDC, but he had a wife and kids, so will be interesting to see what happened to him. But he was a nice bloke back then, so wonder why he is with saviours now!!
But I knew he would come back into it eventually!
When I read the ‘plot’ beforehand which was a little one liner saying rick encounters an old friend I knew it was him.
Can’t wait for next week now!!!

Otis

Haha no, nobody remembers him except me it seems, but I have watched the whole series like 5? Times through ;)
He left the group when they all headed to the CDC, but he had a wife and kids, so will be interesting to see what happened to him. But he was a nice bloke back then, so wonder why he is with saviours now!!
But I knew he would come back into it eventually!
When I read the ‘plot’ beforehand which was a little one liner saying rick encounters an old friend I knew it was him.
Can’t wait for next week now!!!
Oh right. When looking him up I spotted he had been going round mouthing off that he has back in the programme and even posted a picture of himself with a baseball bat smashing someone's skull in.

morales4.jpg

skybluegod

Oh right. When looking him up I spotted he had been going round mouthing off that he has back in the programme and even posted a picture of himself with a baseball bat smashing someone's skull in.

View attachment 8270

Really? Bit of a dick to do that kinda ruins the reveal of it people follow him.

Maybe he actually shoots rick, which would explain the flashbacks in episode one, if as you say he is as you said in a coma. Probably more likely that Daryl, finds the guns and shoots him or something though.

Also don't think dwight has betrayed them, because why would the guy have needed to radio the Saviours to come back, if they dwight was really on their side.

Otis

Really? Bit of a dick to do that kinda ruins the reveal of it people follow him.

Maybe he actually shoots rick, which would explain the flashbacks in episode one, if as you say he is as you said in a coma. Probably more likely that Daryl, finds the guns and shoots him or something though.

Also don't think dwight has betrayed them, because why would the guy have needed to radio the Saviours to come back, if they dwight was really on their side.
Well yep, I didn't believe it either, it's just that Rick and Daryl now seemed a bit doubtful and then with you saying you predicted what happened I just kind of put two and two together.

ajsccfc

I thought Morales was one of the Governor's guys but he already reunited with and then killed them, forgot all about him. We never saw what happened to the fella they left to die on the road either in S1, he could have just had the bad sniffles in the end.

Otis

I thought Morales was one of the Governor's guys but he already reunited with and then killed them, forgot all about him. We never saw what happened to the fella they left to die on the road either in S1, he could have just had the bad sniffles in the end.
What about that old lady who fleetingly walked past the grocery store in Season 3, episode 11. Never heard anything about her since.

Or the smoking cigarette background guy in Season 5 episode 4.

skybluegod

He was bit? So he turned and is probably still stuck to that tree

skybluegod

Well yep, I didn't believe it either, it's just that Rick and Daryl now seemed a bit doubtful and then with you saying you predicted what happened I just kind of put two and two together.

I quite like Dwight so I hope he isn’t playing them- although Daryl said he would kill him no matter what at the end of it all.
But I think Dwight is a good guy, despite killing Denise, he tried escaping the saviours, and I think he shows a side that a lot of normal people would, when their wives are in danger. Now she has ran away, he is trying to do what’s right.

Otis

Anyone else dreading the return of pudding-bowl-headed woman and her 'we take, we don't bother' nonsense talk?

I really dislike that character so intently.

skybluegod

Anyone else dreading the return of pudding-bowl-headed woman and her 'we take, we don't bother' nonsense talk?

I really dislike that character so intently.

Yeah agree, hate her massively! Hope she dies quickly.
Although it’s interesting that we haven’t seen anymore of Alexandria yet, so I expect it to be an episode on that next week.

Otis

They do seem determined to just keep wasting a shed load of bullets don't they.

stupot07

It was another strange episode. Are they going to waste a third on this battle?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

Having them all firing off round after round and not hitting anyone is made all the more ridiculous when Morgan suddenly becomes an unstoppable killing machine not wasting a bullet while people run at him pointing to targets on their chest. I accept that the show is stupid but at times it feels like they're just testing how stupid they can get just because.

chiefdave

The ratings have been going down since the Season 7 opening double bill. If they don't stop sliding soon there could be a danger of cancellation, it can't be a cheap show to make.
Compared to the Season 8 debut episode “Mercy” on October 22 this year, Sunday’s episode was down 22% in viewership and 20% among 18-49s. Taking the year-to-year look, the second episode of Season 8 of TWD tumbled 35% in the demo and 29% in total audience from the second episode of Season 7 of October 30, 2016.

Otis

The ratings have been going down since the Season 7 opening double bill. If they don't stop sliding soon there could be a danger of cancellation, it can't be a cheap show to make.
Yeah, expensive, especially in terms of bullets.

skybluegod

tbf In terms of ‘wasting bullets’ they did say on episode two the whole point of these battles are to make sure saviours can’t use the weapon caches from outposts to kill the Zombies back at the Sancutuary, the whole episode was based on rick and Daryl securing the biggest cache. So they would probably make up all the bullets they lose by winning that battle.

Otis

tbf In terms of ‘wasting bullets’ they did say on episode two the whole point of these battles are to make sure saviours can’t use the weapon caches from outposts to kill the Zombies back at the Sancutuary, the whole episode was based on rick and Daryl securing the biggest cache. So they would probably make up all the bullets they lose by winning that battle.
Yeah, I got that, but why a constant, neverending hail of bullets? They had them pinned down, hiding behind cars and barrels etc. They could have just trained their guns so that themoment anyone tried to move, they would shoot. Pin them down and let the walkers get them.

skybluegod

Yeah, I got that, but why a constant, neverending hail of bullets? They had them pinned down, hiding behind cars and barrels etc. They could have just trained their guns so that themoment anyone tried to move, they would shoot. Pin them down and let the walkers get them.

Well tbf, even in real life we are trained how the acted. You don’t stop firing, even when you think they are pinned. Keep firing either until you can flank them (which they did) or the rest of your plan can happen.

skybluegod

Okay episode, ticking along nicely, will wait and see what everyone thinks.
Daryll is fucking brutal atm, leaving anybody to live, which I love, and can understand after they tortured him, but it’s also nice to see rick hasn’t slipped back to wanting everyone dead. That guy from the start didn’t last long! Also, Otis I knew Dwight wasn’t lying see ;) clearly Ezekiel is still alive, but I hope he does die this season as he is too OTT for me, Morgan is slipping away again, so I expect him to die this season. But it’s good to be developing like this

I like that they have spilt it into two groups and aren’t giving characters one episode each, but are dealing with each part separately, still no Carl or michonne of Rosita

Users who are viewing this thread