The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Oh and I used to quite like Tara. Now I have found out she's (Alana Masterson) a Scientologist I have gone off her quite a bit.

ajsccfc

Tara's an odd one, they suddenly decided to make her a gum chewing badass out of nowhere, it's like they forget to show us all of the character development and just hope nobody will care.

Otis

Tara's an odd one, they suddenly decided to make her a gum chewing badass out of nowhere, it's like they forget to show us all of the character development and just hope nobody will care.
Yeah, spotted that with other characters too. Rosita suddenly stopped being a badass and developed sudden reason out of nowhere.

Morgan, Daryl and Carol have fluctuated wildly at times as well.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well, that was as clear as mud! Can't say I'll be watching again. It just gets worse and worse. The only good thing about tonight was that
Coral (Carl)
eventually gets it!

Mr Panda

The whole series just needs to end now, it's so sluggish and boring. It's becoming a chore to explain to my girlfriend every Monday what happened in the episode because she fallen asleep, I can't blame her!

How much time have I wasted of my life watching those really pointless scenes at the start and end of an episode now and again where it just shows everyones face for a few moments with some music in the background? Fuck me.

Mr Panda

One part that tickled me was how little bothered Carol seemed when that terrible dreadlock character trapped himself inside the Kingdom. "Azikiel...no"

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
One part that tickled me was how little bothered Carol seemed when that terrible dreadlock character trapped himself inside the Kingdom. "Azikiel...no"
I quite find Carol a bit sexy. I'd give her one (two if she begged me) Must be my age!

Otis

All smoke and mirrors and they went for the extreme facial close ups and forlorn looks and the dramatic music to make it all seem that much more important than it actually was.

Every week something frustrates me and this week it was the how the Saviours went from a position of such handicap to a position of such outright strength just like that.

It can all be so very much WE are in total control, to THEY are in total control, to WE are in total control with very little in-between.

And how dumb was Rick tonight? Alexandria burnt to the ground and the one house standing, so he goes in. We all KNEW Negan was going to be in there. Surely Rick should have known that too.

Nothing was a shock tonight because we have seen it all before time and time again.

Overly dramatic approach when us as viewers just saw it as the same old thing.

It's ridiculous with the opportunities thus far that Negan hasn't killed Rick, or Rick killed Negan.

It's like an Errol Flynn black and white movie swordfight that just goes on and on and on and on.

ajsccfc

I like how the Saviours somehow escaped from certain death and the only explanation was 'Eugene something something'

Otis

I like how the Saviours somehow escaped from certain death and the only explanation was 'Eugene something something'
Ha, yeah. Picked up on that.
My guess is he developed a potion that gave powers of invisibility, or he built a number of helicopters so they could all fly out.

Second theory obviously ties in with Rick seeing a helicopter an episode or two back.

Otis

Ha, yeah. Picked up on that.?
My guess is he developed a potion that gave powers of invisibility, or he built a number of helicopters so they could all fly out.

Second theory obviously ties in with Rick seeing a helicopter an episode or two back.
And on that, Rick sees a helicopter and doesn't mention it to anyone, plus if there was a helicopter in THAT world they ALL would have seen it or heard it, Rick, the Saviours, Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom. Everybody!

SkyBlueScottie

Its become so infuriating to watch, Saviours suddenly back on top, Daryl has now helped the saviours escape and got Glen killed cos of his surly muttering while peeking through his fringe. Rick gets in a fight with Megan ( my new name for him) and uses the HANDLE of Lucille, he must have ripped his hands to pieces on the barbed wire. They obviously dont want to kill Megan so why have Rick hit him with it all, it could easily been a punch he threw...

Otis

Its become so infuriating to watch, Saviours suddenly back on top, Daryl has now helped the saviours escape and got Glen killed cos of his surly muttering while peeking through his fringe. Rick gets in a fight with Megan ( my new name for him) and uses the HANDLE of Lucille, he must have ripped his hands to pieces on the barbed wire. They obviously dont want to kill Megan so why have Rick hit him with it all, it could easily been a punch he threw...
That fight was silly and I thought we were in an old wild west western when Negan threw Rick through the window.

skybluegod

And on that, Rick sees a helicopter and doesn't mention it to anyone, plus if there was a helicopter in THAT world they ALL would have seen it or heard it, Rick, the Saviours, Alexandria, Hilltop, the Kingdom. Everybody!

The helicopter was to symbolise a flashback to when rick imagined a helicopter in the first ever episode.

skybluegod

Is Daryl really fluctuating all over the place? Okay sure before he wanted to save people and recruit people for Alexandria, but have to remember he has always had an aggressive side, and for him to have seen, so many of his ‘family’ die at the hands of these people, he is clearly going to be pissed. And throughout the series he has never been good with emotions: when Merle got left on the roof he went skits, when Carol’s daughter went missing he was super stroppy then, then he wanted to kill that boy who came to the farm, he left the Prison for his brother showing his loyalty to family, and also how upset he got when his brother died... then when rick bit out that guys throat he said he did the right thing... he has always had this in him... he’s protective of those he cares about.

Otis

Is Daryl really fluctuating all over the place? Okay sure before he wanted to save people and recruit people for Alexandria, but have to remember he has always had an aggressive side, and for him to have seen, so many of his ‘family’ die at the hands of these people, he is clearly going to be pissed. And throughout the series he has never been good with emotions: when Merle got left on the roof he went skits, when Carol’s daughter went missing he was super stroppy then, then he wanted to kill that boy who came to the farm, he left the Prison for his brother showing his loyalty to family, and also how upset he got when his brother died... then when rick bit out that guys throat he said he did the right thing... he has always had this in him... he’s protective of those he cares about.
To my mind though at times he has been quick to kill strangers and other times been the voice of reason. Him and Rick seem to take in turns to take the high moral ground.

skybluegod

To my mind though at times he has been quick to kill strangers and other times been the voice of reason. Him and Rick seem to take in turns to take the high moral ground.

Hmm I’m not sure really... I can see why you might think it... but I think it also shows what human nature is really like...
you do what you have to to survive but then there comes a point where you want to live and not just survive... but then when you try and live and what happens to them, with Glenn (who was always the voice of reason) and Sasha, Abraham, Denise etc all being killed... then surely it is your family over everyone. At least I know that would be me...
plus Daryl was tortured by them...

Otis

Hmm I’m not sure really... I can see why you might think it... but I think it also shows what human nature is really like...
you do what you have to to survive but then there comes a point where you want to live and not just survive... but then when you try and live and what happens to them, with Glenn (who was always the voice of reason) and Sasha, Abraham, Denise etc all being killed... then surely it is your family over everyone. At least I know that would be me...
plus Daryl was tortured by them...
Yep, he was.

I do think he has gone downhill as a character though. Used to be one of my favourites and so too, Carol, but now I find both of them a bit annoying.

Rick has always had the capacity to be a bit annoying.

skybluegod

Yep, he was.

I do think he has gone downhill as a character though. Used to be one of my favourites and so too, Carol, but now I find both of them a bit annoying.

Rick has always had the capacity to be a bit annoying.

Yeah I will agree they have got more annoying all 3 of them... I think it’s the way the series has gone though... sadly...

Although it might just be me... but I really like Dwight... I think he is one of the few characters who they have done some really good character development

Otis

Yeah I will agree they have got more annoying all 3 of them... I think it’s the way the series has gone though... sadly...

Although it might just be me... but I really like Dwight... I think he is one of the few characters who they have done some really good character development
Yes, agree. Disliked him, but of course we as the viewer were supposed to dislike him. He has proved to have some depth.

I'm still not sure of his true thought process, bit that makes him more intriguing. Is he a double, double agent perhaps, or has he turned and could he turn again?

skybluegod

Yes, agree. Disliked him, but of course we as the viewer were supposed to dislike him. He has proved to have some depth.

I'm still not sure of his true thought process, bit that makes him more intriguing. Is he a double, double agent perhaps, or has he turned and could he turn again?

No I defineltey think he is on the good side for good.
Have to remember he tried to escape before but got captured and forced to work for the saviours, he was a good person before, and now that his wife isn’t in danger he can be the person he wants to be...
plus he has been reesponsible for about 50 saviours deaths... I would say that’s taking double double agent too far ;)

Otis

No I defineltey think he is on the good side for good.
Have to remember he tried to escape before but got captured and forced to work for the saviours, he was a good person before, and now that his wife isn’t in danger he can be the person he wants to be...
plus he has been reesponsible for about 50 saviours deaths... I would say that’s taking double double agent too far ;)
Yeah, I know, but just wonder if part of him is just trying to side with the winning side, whichever side that is and if the Saviours were totally dominant once again, whether he could turncoat.

I don't quite believe that, but I do think there is something there with him that makes me feel he is not 100% trustworthy.

skybluegod

Yeah, I know, but just wonder if part of him is just trying to side with the winning side, whichever side that is and if the Saviours were totally dominant once again, whether he could turncoat.

I don't quite believe that, but I do think there is something there with him that makes me feel he is not 100% trustworthy.

Hmm interesting thoughts tbh...
Tbf the saviours would have won, if not for Dwight... Dwight was the only reason the Alexandrians escaped, the only reason the pulled off the initial plan, and do you think Negan would have him back again?

Otis

Hmm interesting thoughts tbh...
Tbf the saviours would have won, if not for Dwight... Dwight was the only reason the Alexandrians escaped, the only reason the pulled off the initial plan, and do you think Negan would have him back again?
Well nope, but then at the same time I believe that Negan would have bashed Eugene's head in a long, long time ago.

skybluegod

Well nope, but then at the same time I believe that Negan would have bashed Eugene's head in a long, long time ago.
Well as we have said the real world, it is likely that most of the people would be dead, both sides have had the chance to kill the main characters off!!

Otis

Well as we have said the real world, it is likely that most of the people would be dead, both sides have had the chance to kill the main characters off!!
On a number of occasions.

The thing with Rick when he came and had the the Sanctuary at his mercy pretty much, as soon as Negan came out he would have surely shot him right there and then. There was Negan and all his lieutenants like ducks in a row.

ajsccfc

The fact they keep banging on about how all they need to do is kill Negan is infuriating considering that first episode where not only was he stood in front of them in broad daylight but the setup to get to that point was expert snipers silently taking out the Saviour lookouts with perfect headshots.

Users who are viewing this thread