The World Cup Thread (4 Viewers)

Otis

Argentina still have a very decent chance of going through.

Only really bad result tomorrow for them is if Iceland win. That would give Iceland 4 points.

A Nigeria win tomorrow and the Argies will almost certainly qualify if they beat Nigeria in their last game you would have thought.

A draw between Iceland and Nigeria will leave Iceland on 2 points and Nigeria on 1. Iceland would then have to beat Croatia if Argentina beat Nigeria.

Would very much expect a reaction from the Argies after this.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Problem is, how many times have we seen teams start slowly but then get into their stride, while those who start well burn out quickly?

Won't be getting my hopes up just yet.

Oh I agree, some teams will pick it up just in enough time to crawl their way out of the group stage and into contention.

The thing is, France, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, and Germany all look vulnerable. That is a really huge amount of top teams and I think some of those big dogs might be out before us.

The pressure is off us this year, and those two things might form an interesting combination. I won't get excited either, but I do sense an opportunity to go a bit further than maybe some people think.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Also set for England to make a real go of it...

I'm not getting too excited but I can see potential. So many other big teams have looked lost. It's really amazing actually.

England won’t get too many chances where hopefully a few will fall before the KO’s and then take each other but England have got to hit their stride.

How do the group places get decided if level!?

Nick

Administrator
That dive he did then, the defender should have hammered the ball at his head as he was falling to do a proper job.

SBAndy

Brazil look so disjointed. No real plan or structure to their play. Front 3 standing around and not offering anything.

covmark

Dire game. Neymar spending most of the game on the floor. Willian and Coutinho both very quiet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Paul Anthony

Is there any reason Brazil are wearing blue and not their yellow shirts? Surely yellow doesn't clash with white? Is it because of the referee's kits, could they not change?

Liquid Gold

O'neill saying how he's so intelligent he doesn't have to listen to the manager. Fuck that, Brazil would be a better team if it wasn't all about Neymar.

Brazil are wearing blue as every team has to play at least once in their away kit.

Otis

O'neill saying how he's so intelligent he doesn't have to listen to the manager. Fuck that, Brazil would be a better team if it wasn't all about Neymar.

Brazil are wearing blue as every team has to play at least once in their away kit.
They should implement that in life for married couples, so you know when your partner is having an affair.

Esoterica

And another for following the ref at half time.
I can understand the desire to keep games 11vs11 by not chucking yellows around for petty fouls like in previous years but this is just turning into the World Cup of diving and dissent. Cringeworthy.

Nick

Administrator
I can understand the desire to keep games 11vs11 by not chucking yellows around for petty fouls like in previous years but this is just turning into the World Cup of diving and dissent. Cringeworthy.

All trying to play the VAR system.

Neymar then should have been booked for taking the keeper out.

skybluesam66

The bottom half of the draw could really open up for us - we need to come 2nd in the group

we could then see our route to the semis from a bottom half of the draw looking something like below:- it is possible that Brazil/Germany/France/spain/belgium all in the top half with the Argies probably going home (at this stage Brazil could win the group but if they dont win today quite conceivable that they would be knocked out too)

portugal/russia
croatia/denmark
mexico/serbia
senegal/england

Looking like mostly European in the last 16 with exceptions
Mexico
Uruguay
and possibly Senegal/Brazil

Sky Blue Harry H

Really hoping Costa Rica hold out, getting more gripping as the minutes pass - love the ref v Neymar spat!

Users who are viewing this thread