The World Cup Thread (8 Viewers)

Otis

I see what you say but clearly the 4 in the VAR box didn’t have the same opinion as every English fan (and most neutrals) watching re the Kane incident(s). The trouble is what is a clear error by a ref for one person is not at all clear for another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but by the rules of the game that was clearly a foul on Kane. No interpretation to be had.

The second one was less clear cut as Kane was pushing and pulling a bit too.

They get away with it in other parts of the world. That doesn't mean it is right to do so and a number of the officials for the Tunisia match were Central or Latin American.

There needs to be some uniformity.

Today's incident wasn't clear cut and therefore should have been left to the ref.

The ridiculous handball today was in the French match when the ball hit the French player and it was totally accidental and his arm pretty much next to his body. Given as a handball though.

If that was handball, then the Denmark one had to be handball.

Needs clarification and badly so.

lifeskyblue

I’m not arguing this as I thought it was a foul on Kane but as you point out how much holding/pushing was going on. Even the one in the first half was he pulling the player into him? For me a clear cut penalty but for four in a room it wasn’t as obvious to inform ref.

Just leave it all up to the ref and Linos. Just as with VAR some they get right and some they get wrong. And considering refs only get one look at an incident it’s amazing how much they get right.

Grendel

I’m not arguing this as I thought it was a foul on Kane but as you point out how much holding/pushing was going on. Even the one in the first half was he pulling the player into him? For me a clear cut penalty but for four in a room it wasn’t as obvious to inform ref.

Just leave it all up to the ref and Linos. Just as with VAR some they get right and some they get wrong. And considering refs only get one look at an incident it’s amazing how much they get right.

There was also a shove in the back of a Tunisia player before it went in Kane’s direction

lifeskyblue

There was also a shove in the back of a Tunisia player before it went in Kane’s direction

Yes the ref could have given that but didn’t. Didn’t give the holding on Kane. As I say it’s all opinion...ref didn’t give, VAR didn’t give, I would have. End of story no foul, play on.

Otis

Yes the ref could have given that but didn’t. Didn’t give the holding on Kane. As I say it’s all opinion...ref didn’t give, VAR didn’t give, I would have. End of story no foul, play on.

It needs uniformity though doesn't it.

If the VAR team said to the ref he may wish to check the handball incident in the Denmark game then that's fine, if that's the way they wish to play it.

The ref didn't give the pen. The ref though should then review the footage and unless he has seen something different to his initial observation he should stick by his decision. There should be zero pressure from the VAR team to change it.

It has to be for that sort of incident that either the VAR officials overrule the ref or they let the ref decide with no pressure placed upon him at all.

I think it would be best for them to keep it to obvious errors. For now at least.

In the Notts County game that Forte second goal not given was clearly an obvious error.

lifeskyblue

Yes it was an obvious error...but happens in all games and all over the pitch. You could argue about dozens of decisions in games and how far back? Was there a foul in the build up, was a player not offside at the other end but the resulting wrongly given free kick lead to a penalty at the other. Etc etc.

Sky Blue Harry H

Nice to see Messi smiling at the little lad going out onto the pitch with him, and not ignoring him (will mean a lot to the lad). Hope this is a decent game and not continuously interrupted by hacked down players - no diving either (don't want much do I?!)

Sky Blue Harry H

Can somebody explain why the referee runs around the players before a corner telling them not to foul each other? If they foul - blow for it - then they'll stop. The ref doesn't run round the players telling them not to take a foul throw, or not kick each other. If he won't blow for a penalty, they'll keep holding in the box. GGGrrrrrr

lifeskyblue

Great to watch...two proper football nations that look good going forward but suspect at back. Enjoying it.

wingy

Pundits
It should have been red
Bollocks just a standard foul, with the other Argie player shoving the Croatian in the back as he's trying to tackle
I call Horeshit!!

Liquid Gold

giphy.gif

Liquid Gold

Need a goal. I know, let's take Aguero off. Mind boggling.
Hilarious though. Just need the cameraman to cut to Maradona crying into his cocaine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Did you see the tweet someone put out of him doing a shot in a plane and there is a huge bag of coke next to him.

EDIT - found it

Users who are viewing this thread