Things that annoy you (10 Viewers)

Otis

There are stalls there apparently, so I am hoping to buy one of those gaydar things.

Not quite sure how they work. Does it set a little alarm off every time you get near a gay person?

shmmeee

There are stalls there apparently, so I am hoping to buy one of those gaydar things.

Not quite sure how they work. Does it set a little alarm off every time you get near a gay person?

Not sure but if not take a few from the other thread and you’ll surely hear screeching if you go near any gays.

Gazolba

"Can I get a coffee to go?"

The only acceptable part of that question is 'a coffee'
How do they ask you in the UK at places where you can eat in or take it out?
In the US, it's "Here, or to go?", so people just preempt that by saying "to go" when they order.
If you said "Give me a coffee", "I want a coffee" or even just "Coffee", you would get very strange looks, followed by lots of questions like "Here, or to go?".

fernandopartridge

How do they ask you in the UK at places where you can eat in or take it out?
In the US, it's "Here, or to go?", so people just preempt that by saying "to go" when they order.
If you said "Give me a coffee", "I want a coffee" or even just "Coffee", you would get very strange looks, followed by lots of questions like "Here, or to go?".
Please can I have / Please may I have

A coffee

To take away / to take out

oakey

To go ...
Disposable cups, packaging, plastic waste ... Environmental catastrophe is well under way.
Civilisation is collapsing around us. Why can't people stop, sit down and have a coffee, tea, sandwich any more?
Yes, it started in America, but so many Brits embrace it, sadly.

Sick Boy

To go ...
Disposable cups, packaging, plastic waste ... Environmental catastrophe is well under way.
Civilisation is collapsing around us. Why can't people stop, sit down and have a coffee, tea, sandwich any more?
Yes, it started in America, but so many Brits embrace it, sadly.

The country is getting more and more Americanised as each year goes by, my biggest annoyance is that hardly anyone says schedule properly...actually no it's not it's "can I get".

Blind-Faith

Old people who go to the shops seemingly to just chat to the cashiers behind the till , shut up , pay your money and fuck off, some of us have things to be getting on with , winds me right up!

shmmeee

Old people who go to the shops seemingly to just chat to the cashiers behind the till , shut up , pay your money and fuck off, some of us have things to be getting on with , winds me right up!

Used to work for cahoot and on the late shift you’d get old dears calling up for a chat constantly.

We need a national service they can access to natter.

Nick

Administrator

Yep and they always have to do their month end accounting in their purse without moving. They finish their talk, their stuff is bagged and they get their change but stand there for ages still.

Gazolba

When someone vents about how having a young child is so hard because they keep you up all night.
And them someone chimes in with "Ours were no trouble at all, slept through the night every night".

Gazolba

It's worse at lunch time when you have to get back to work and you are stuck behind someone nattering about their summer holiday plans.

Covstu

Agree but still not sure if it’s as infuriating as self service tills!

Otis

When someone vents about how having a young child is so hard because they keep you up all night.
And them someone chimes in with "Ours were no trouble at all, slept through the night every night".
I agree. I hate people like that.

At best they are utter liars. At worst? Well, let's not go there.

Sky Blue Harry H

Increased number of chavs doing wheelies on their bikes, and into oncoming traffic - may even have mentioned it before. I have a seriously heavy motor, and I've come close to being tempted once or twice!

Otis

Increased number of chavs doing wheelies on their bikes, and into oncoming traffic - may even have mentioned it before. I have a seriously heavy motor, and I've come close to being tempted once or twice!
Two kids got knocked off their bikes doing just that yesterday.

shmmeee

Two kids got knocked off their bikes doing just that yesterday.

Good. Hope they’re OK but seriously it’s all over the place like kids just found out about wheelies. Maybe a (non fatal) accident or two will make it die down.

I’ve wanted to knock a few off to teach them a lesson.

Terry Gibson's perm

People in public service jobs who retire the minute their final salary pension is based on their last job once you get to a certain pay grade it should revert to career earnings otherwise you can be a cleaner for 25 years and become md for a shortish period and get paid out on the later, it must be around four years as the head of George Eliot hospital has just retired early after that time so will get a massive pension after performing dreadfully

Having said this I have said to my wife to find out how long you need to be in a role to make sure she is in one at the end of her career

Captain Dart

The wheelies thing pisses me off as well, straight down the middle of the road expecting everybody to stop for them?

The other thing is those stupid fucking bags that chavs and bellends have over their shoulder.

Coming out of Wickes on the day that Motor Fest was on 2 teenage girls (about 13 I thought) raced past down the Radford road on skateboards.
There were no cars following them, I think they probably waited till the lights at the top were red before setting out. Utterly irresponsible thrill seeking.

Sky Blue Harry H

People in public service jobs who retire the minute their final salary pension is based on their last job once you get to a certain pay grade it should revert to career earnings otherwise you can be a cleaner for 25 years and become md for a shortish period and get paid out on the later, it must be around four years as the head of George Eliot hospital has just retired early after that time so will get a massive pension after performing dreadfully

Having said this I have said to my wife to find out how long you need to be in a role to make sure she is in one at the end of her career

They have changed the rules about this quite a bit lately - leaning more to your line of thinking. P.S. I am one of those people!

chiefdave

Just been told that from next week my office is moving to somewhere in Brum. Wasn't told by a manager or anything just somebody else, who isn't based in the office I am (there's only me here) mentioned it in passing.

Don't think its unreasonable to expect a bit of notice to make suitable arrangements. Let alone the extra time and cost which basically equates it to a pay cut.

Sky Blue Harry H

Just been told that from next week my office is moving to somewhere in Brum. Wasn't told by a manager or anything just somebody else, who isn't based in the office I am (there's only me here) mentioned it in passing.

Don't think its unreasonable to expect a bit of notice to make suitable arrangements. Let alone the extra time and cost which basically equates it to a pay cut.

You don't work for Tim Fisher do you? If so you'll move back in a year or so, when they've renegotiated the rent.

RedSalmon

Agree about the Chief Exec. Shocking period for the hospital, but she ain't the only one.

Otis

The BBC....,.just shut the fuck up all the time with your hideous left wing agenda !! They should be relaying news like they used to without such an obvious political agenda ! I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have to fund the twats by law !
I can honestly never see any left wing bias from the Beeb, I really can't.

There's only one thing that annoys me in that regard and it's their sycophantic bias towards the royal family. I find it quite nauseating and they always talk as if the whole country is interested, i.e. the royal wedding, when they clearly are not.

Terry Gibson's perm

Agree about the Chief Exec. Shocking period for the hospital, but she ain't the only one.

She isn’t but we need to put a line in he sand and say enough is enough.

She is leaving the hospital in a worse state due to her lack of ability to do the job, these people should be allowed to retire in their 50’s but their pension doesn’t start until they reach a suitable age she is only pushing pens not doing the operations.

She is the perfect ceo for this Tory government she has caused irreparable damage

Users who are viewing this thread