Things that annoy you (11 Viewers)

tommydazzle

Sneak thieves and red tape NHS.

My dad (88) had his bag stolen at Coventry Market today.

All his medication was taken.

Spent 3 hours being sent from pillar to post ringing around to speak to a nurse (or anyone of her team) who had treated him this morning to get a repeat prescription of medications etc.

Geez that was hard work.
Sorry to hear that Otis, some lowlifes out there presumably see old folk as easy targets.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Sneak thieves and red tape NHS.

My dad (88) had his bag stolen at Coventry Market today.

All his medication was taken.

Spent 3 hours being sent from pillar to post ringing around to speak to a nurse (or anyone of her team) who had treated him this morning to get a repeat prescription of medications etc.

Geez that was hard work.

Sorry to hear that, absolute lowlife!
What time was this Otis out of interest?

Otis

They obviously weren't after his medication and just took the opportunity to grab a bag.

He has two. Luckily all his valuables were in the other bag.

I had just left him moments earlier. He said he was getting the bus, but must have changed his mind and headed to the market instead.

Otis

Scum Otis and i guess plod not really interested - maybe one of the traders spotted a common oik ?
Been back to the market today.

They say my dad put the bag down and two market traders actually noticed and kept an eye on it. They turned away for just a few seconds and when they looked back it was gone.

Whoever took it got nothing though. It's all ointments and creams for a leg ulcer and some bandages.

Biggest worry is that the medicines have my mum and dad's address on.

Just slightly concerned that if whoever took it saw my mum and dad and how old they are they might chance burgling their house.

Hoping it was just an opportunistic sneak thief and they just grabbed the bag without looking.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
No baskets in super markets,, it's getting out of hand nowadays.

Have they cut down the number of baskets or sacked the basket returners?

Otis

No baskets in super markets,, it's getting out of hand nowadays.

Have they cut down the number of baskets or sacked the basket returners?
Funnily enough, we went to Tesco at Jubilee Crescent a few weeks back and they had no baskets at all.

We asked as to why and they said people keep stealing them and have now taken the last few and they literally had zero left.

These were the plastic ones.

Last edited:

Terry Gibson's perm

The expansion/creation of the self service till I hate using them they take longer and as I do the work saving a salary why no discount it not as if the supermarkets don’t make a few quid and the same goes for self scan they may as well stop asking me I am not going to use it

Otis

The expansion/creation of the self service till I hate using them they take longer and as I do the work saving a salary why no discount it not as if the supermarkets don’t make a few quid and the same goes for self scan they may as well stop asking me I am not going to use it
I love the self service tills. My favourite option.

It means I can avoid talking to humans.

Nick

Administrator
I wouldn't mind them if they worked properly.

The new craze is having no bags anywhere near them, so after you have hunted for a basket you have to hunt for a bag.

Otis

I wouldn't mind them if they worked properly.

The new craze is having no bags anywhere near them, so after you have hunted for a basket you have to hunt for a bag.
I think the whole idea is for you not to buy the bags.

We always take bags with us. Then re-use them. That's the whole point. ;)

tommydazzle

Feel a bit guilty about using self scan as it ultimately means loss of jobs. We have self service in libraries now where you can let yourself in and never have to even speak to another person. Sad really and another loss of community.

Gazolba

Instruction manuals with multiple languages. Some are these are as thick as the telephone directory. Such a waste of paper.
The worst ones are the ones that fold out into a single sheet about a yard square, then you have to find the English part.
And when you've found it and read it, figuring out how to fold it up again.

Blind-Faith

1st holiday in 18 months , come all the way to Tenerife and it’s done nothing but piss it down with rain for the first 24 hours , utterly fucked off!!!!

vow

Terry Gibson's perm

Just refund her ten pounds and move on what does she want the full flight refunded, if any lesson should be learned it’s fly with a real airline when you fly transatlantic.

Terry Gibson's perm

Debenhams they made 33 million profit but after a bit of figure shuffling they lose half a billion so will close stores, the town centres are dying and councils and greedy landlords are not helping either.

Users who are viewing this thread