Things that annoy you (31 Viewers)

wingy

TV guides through the remote which never give the full programme info.
For instance every Week I check who are the guests on the Graham Norton show and the Final bit of info re 'The Musical act' are ommitted when the space is there for the text.
This is the element that can swing it for me as to whether I watch at all or through to the end. :mad:

Nick

Administrator
Shops at Christmas time. Went in to the supermarket at 8:15 this morning to make sure I had enough food to eat today and tomorrow(!) only to find it rammed already.

Hell on earth!
It was busy at Tesco on Wednesday evening, stupidly busy.

Will happily not go to any big shops and rely on one stop to get me through

Otis

There is a distinct difference this year for some reason. I am always out doing a tiny bit of last minute Christmas shopping (not necessities, just looking for odd bits and pieces and possible stocking fillers etc) and this year's has gone batshit crazy.

The car park over the market (enter from by New Look and opposite the Town Crier) was full and the shutters down on Tuesday at about 11am!!
Never ever see the shutters down before. There was an official note saying car park full.

Went past Argos and it was heaving and went to Tesco Arena on Monday around 1.15pm and that was absolutely chock a block too. Never seen anything like it.

The world's gone mad.

Going to avoid town today and go to Fargo instead.

Otis

That was kind of dead Wednesday afternoon.

Very odd, while the town centre was busy, they seemed to have given up for Christmas already!
Yeah. The thing I dislike about Fargo and causes their own downfall is that you go and not all the stores and units are open. They never all seem to be open at the same time and it's a bit annoying. You make a point of saying I will go to that little unit and when you get there it's closed. I can see it must be difficult for traders who don't want to sit around twiddling their thumbs, but they are perpetuating the problem in not all being open which in turn then puts people off going in the first place

NorthernWisdom

Yeah. The thing I dislike about Fargo and causes their own downfall is that you go and not all the stores and units are open. They never all seem to be open at the same time and it's a bit annoying. You make a point of saying I will go to that little unit and when you get there it's closed. I can see it must be difficult for traders who don't want to sit around twiddling their thumbs, but they are perpetuating the problem in not all being open which in turn then puts people off going in the first place
Yup, that's twice I've been now and it's been dead. The first time was late-ish (half four) so I could kind of understand people packing up early, but Wednesday was two-ish I guess? Around Christmas time I assumed would be vibrant, exciting, with an atmosphere... was anything but!

Haven't seen the place at its best yet... and things like that don't encourage me to go back tbh.

chiefdave

People constantly getting up and down at matches. Couple of chaps in front of me last night must have gone off to the concourse at least 5 times during the match.

Otis

People constantly getting up and down at matches. Couple of chaps in front of me last night must have gone off to the concourse at least 5 times during the match.
What I found a bit odd last night were these blokes in the East Stand block 19, who were in the very first row, but stood the whole game. Everyone else behind them were seated. Must have impinged upon the view of those behind.

skybluegod

Shops at Christmas time. Went in to the supermarket at 8:15 this morning to make sure I had enough food to eat today and tomorrow(!) only to find it rammed already.

Hell on earth!

Never understood it personally? The shops are closed for one day... you would think it is the bloody apocalypse! My gf works at a coop and says it was rammed all day... like people get a grip!

dutchman

It was the same in the Precinct for a long time, some shops would be open on Thursdays and others would be closed. I remember in the 60s entering Woolworth's via the market entrance and leaving via the lower precinct which was completely dead. Felt more like a Sunday than a Thursday.

Likewise Earlsdon Street on a Wednesday (I think). Major stores like the Co-Op would be still be open but almost everything else would be shut.

Last edited:

wingy

Hell on earth!
Yesterday afternoon was a doddle at both Aldi and Argos at Gallagher , apart from the roads.
Perishables all with 50% off.
Arena park on the other hand took an hour to exit.

Otis

It was surreally odd.

Other years Christmas Eve has been a nightmare and I have avoided everywhere, which is usually chock a block, but I think this year people must have just been spent out.

Saturday night the missus wanted to pop to Aldi and I wanted to pop to little Tesco down Jubilee Crescent. Had a bit of an argument about it, because Aldi was open til 10 and Tesco had extended their opening hours until midnight, so I was all for going later, but the missus wanted to go about 7. I said it will be too busy and to leave it until it was quieter.

Anyway, it ended up her just going by herself to Aldi at 7 and my going to Tesco and my leaving it until 10pm.

Surprisingly, the wife said Aldi wasn't that busy and when I to went to Tesco it was totally dead and there was just one other person in there.

Then yesterday on Christmas Eve, my daughter wanted to go to Fargo to get a bubble tea and it was completely deserted. Lots of places again shut though. There must have been about 6 people there, though Spangles had some afternoon tea thing going on and that was full.

On the way back we passed Jubilee Crescent as the missus wanted a tin of garden peas and I was expecting it to be rammed, but we immediately found parking spaces and went in to Asda and it was hardly busy in there either. Only a very small Asda, but there were maybe just 20 people in there and just one in front of us in the queue for the tills.

Very odd and not in keeping with other years.

NorthernWisdom

Yep. Think so.

Earlier in the week it was a nightmare to park. On Christmas Eve we breezed through.
Back in the day, when I used to work in a city centre shop, it was mental in the morning on Christmas Eve, but it'd die in the afternoon.

Who in their right mind would go shopping the afternoon of Christmas Eve, after all?

(wingy, it seems!)

Last edited:

Otis

Back in the day, when I used to work in a city centre shop, it was menatl in the morning on Christmas Eve, but it'd die in the afternoon.

Who in their right mind would go shopping the afternoon of Christmas Eve, after all?

(wingy, it seems!)

People like my missus, who at 8 o'clock last night asked me to go to Tesco to buy some more elderflower presse.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Back in the day, when I used to work in a city centre shop, it was mental in the morning on Christmas Eve, but it'd die in the afternoon.

(wingy, it seems!)
The same people who hang around scratters corner at Morrisons on a Sunday afternoon waiting for the yellow tag bargains, one fella I know got 2 roast chickens for a quid

mrtrench

People who use their horn to bully and punish on the road. I'd only ever use my horn in exceptional circumstances; if I can avoid an accident by slowing down then that's the route I take - everyone makes mistakes, we don't need to startle and make people feel small when they do.

Otis

hqdefault (1).jpg
The same people who hang around scratters corner at Morrisons on a Sunday afternoon waiting for the yellow tag bargains, one fella I know got 2 roast chickens for a quid

I find it really embarrassing. I was in Asda the other day and an assistant was reducing food and not only were people hanging around (something I don't really have too much of a problem with) , these people were right there up in his face and I am talking about literally no more than 6 inches from him, surrounding him like vultures. Just so weird.

I kid you not, one bloke was no more than 1 inch
further away than the bloke on the right here and was staring right at the assistant watching his every move. Must have been so uncomfortable.

Nick

Administrator
I saw a big group of women in tesco one night, no idea what they were doing. Like rabbid dogs on this poor lad bringing out cheap bread.

Gazolba

What I found a bit odd last night were these blokes in the East Stand block 19, who were in the very first row, but stood the whole game. Everyone else behind them were seated. Must have impinged upon the view of those behind.
Perhaps they had bad haemorrhoids (never could spell that word).

Users who are viewing this thread