Things you like and dislike about your missus (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

She constantly asks questions we can't have a normal conversation without it turning into an inquiry
She insisted on getting a dog last year I didn't want one but our daughter was scared of dogs at the time and we thought to get a pup so my daughter would outgrow the fear
Anyway I was reluctant to get one but both the wife and my daughter promised to walk her daily
Well that lasted about a week
Also when she doesthe shopping she never puts it straight away she just leaves it for half an hour
She borrows my car and leaves it full of sweet wrappers and empty cans of pop
She loses my cash point card
She's always late
But she is lovely too but annoying

stupot07

This thread is interesting reading. Been with my missus for 14 years. I think my list would be about as long as Otis's - I'm sure if you asked her about me the dislikes would be even longer!. Funny how things change over time and how complicated relationships can be. I do look at some peoples relationships with envy, although none are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

Sick Boy

This thread is interesting reading. Been with my missus for 14 years. I think my list would be about as long as Otis's - I'm sure if you asked her about me the dislikes would be even longer!. Funny how things change over time and how complicated relationships can be. I do look at some peoples relationships with envy, although none are perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

To be fair they all put up with our weird obsession ;)

NorthernWisdom

Grass is always greener and all that.

Currently single and while that can have it place, am perversely missing a bit of nagging to tidy up after myself!

stupot07

Grass is always greener and all that.

Currently single and while that can have it place, am perversely missing a bit of nagging to tidy up after myself!

Very true that.

NorthernWisdom

Also worth pointing out something I'm sure is true ;)

My ex used to always be paranoid if we'd have even the slightest cross word. Think I got dumped once (until she came to her senses after a couple of days :D) because I fancied white bread instead of wholemeal(!) Thing is, she saw the front everyone else puts on in public. It's easy to look 'perfect' when you only see people for an evening - you can hold off that seething resentment over hiding all your work papers because she wanted to tidy up and have a spotless house, even if you were in the middle of an important work proposal on a super-tight deadline... ;)

But who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

Sky_Blue_Daz

I'm on a nightshift later so will be revisiting this thread
Actually that's another one she won't let me apply for a job which if I got it would mean slightly more money and no nightshifts
But she feels as I work with the NHS it's a far safer to stay with them
Personally I'd be off like a shot because nights are getting on my nerves
I've only done 3 early shifts since November

Sick Boy

Also worth pointing out something I'm sure is true ;)

My ex used to always be paranoid if we'd have even the slightest cross word. Think I got dumped once (until she came to her senses after a couple of days :D) because I fancied white bread instead of wholemeal(!) Thing is, she saw the front everyone else puts on in public. It's easy to look 'perfect' when you only see people for an evening - you can hold off that seething resentment over hiding all your work papers because she wanted to tidy up and have a spotless house, even if you were in the middle of an important work proposal on a super-tight deadline... ;)

But who knows what goes on behind closed doors?

hahaha!! Yes, that is true, everyone argues and puts on fronts in public.

My girlfriend and I both have quite hot-headed and she actually enjoys arguing at times. We must sound ridiculous to our neighbours but we try to keep it all in Italian ;)

Sick Boy

I'm on a nightshift later so will be revisiting this thread
Actually that's another one she won't let me apply for a job which if I got it would mean slightly more money and no nightshifts
But she feels as I work with the NHS it's a far safer to stay with them
Personally I'd be off like a shot because nights are getting on my nerves
I've only done 3 early shifts since November

She probably likes the peace and quiet and the space in bed.

Grendel

Russia also is a pretty good holiday destination I would think Otis. Moscow and St Petes are great for weekend breaks and you get 5 star hotels at the price of a Travel Lodge

Otis

Russia also is a pretty good holiday destination I would think Otis. Moscow and St Petes are great for weekend breaks and you get 5 star hotels at the price of a Travel Lodge
Agree! Would be great if she wanted to go to Moscow or St Petersburg, which I love, bit she only wants to go 'home' to Volgograd and it is so impoverished, so grey and so depressing.

There is no colour there. All the buildings are grey and crumbling and plants hardly grow there because the soil is too salty.

Nice in the heart of the City centre, but my wife's family live 45 mins by train and she only wants to stay around her family and not travel, so when I go with her I will get to go to the centre about once or twice at the very most.

Wish she did come from St Petersburg.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just tell her the NHS is bad for your health daz as is proven shift work, especially nights is bad for your health.
A bit of a paradox.
She won't buy that mate she's a nurse who does permanent nights

Otis

Another thing that annoys me is her moving things.

Anyone suffer the same fate? She always moves things and when I ask where something is she will say 'Ah yes, I put it somewhere' yet she can never ever remember where she's moved it to.

It's happened so many times. Really frustrated my daughter too. We have to turn the house upside down to find where the item is.

Sick Boy

Haha mine does that too and then won't tell me where it is as a way to teach me a some kind of lesson.

Otis

With mine she is just tidying up. I always say 'next time can you just remember where you put it' but she never does. Every single time she will say she can't remember.

We usually find the item eventually after days of looking.

Sky_Blue_Daz

She takes all our cutlery to work and never brings any back home
We only have 4 forks left

Otis

With mine it is hair brushes. She is always having a go at me asking where all the hair brushes are. I have never used a hair brush in my life, but apparently it is my fault for her taking them to work and never bringing them back again. ;)

Otis

Does anyone also have a missus that keeps putting obstacles up? Is it a woman thing in general, or just my missus? Offer a solution to the problem and the goal posts just keep moving and moving. Just a stream of excuses to every solution.

Example:

She had to go to a job in Rugby this week. She won't drive to Rugby! Refuses as she's a nervous driver with places she doesn't know.

So, the day before her journey she was moaning about getting there and how long it would take if she went by bus. 30 min bus journey.

I said to her 'take the train then. It's only 10 mins.'

'Yeah, but then it's 20 mins walk to my appointment from the station' she replied.

'Quicker than two buses though!' Says I.

Next day she was moaning again.

'A train and then 30 mins walk.' She grumbled.

'Hang on, yesterday you said it was 20 mins walk!'

'Yeah, but last time I got lost!'

'So you planning on getting lost again today then are you? ' I then said 'why don't you just get a bus from Rugby station?'

'There are no buses from Rugby station. They don't have buses. The station is too small.'

'Rugby station is huge!' I replied.

'Err, yes, but outside it is small. They don't have buses.'

'Sorry, but I just can't accept that!' I retorted. 'No buses at all from Rugby station?'

'No.'

'I have never heard of such a thing. A main station that has no buses!. That can't be right.'

Then she started moaning about the rain and the wind.

'Last time I went I got lost and it was really windy and I got soaked.'

'Err, yeah, but it's not windy or rainy today is it! Today it''s going to be dry and NOT windy!'

I then made a point of having a look on the internet and found a list of a number of buses that go from right outside the station.

'Look! There ARE buses! I pointed out. 'There are stops right outside the station.'

'Well I didn't see any stops!'

So I then plotted her a route and it was only 15 mins in total, 10 min train journey and 5 min bus ride. Piece of cake.

Anyone would think she was going to the Outer Hebrides!

Think sometimes she just looks for excuses. Anyone get the same? Is it a trait of the female species?

Sick Boy

Does anyone also have a missus that keeps putting obstacles up? Is it a woman thing in general, or just my missus? Offer a solution to the problem and the goal posts just keep moving and moving. Just a stream of excuses to every solution.

Example:

She had to go to a job in Rugby this week. She won't drive to Rugby! Refuses as she's a nervous driver with places she doesn't know.

So, the day before her journey she was moaning about getting there and how long it would take if she went by bus. 30 min bus journey.

I said to her 'take the train then. It's only 10 mins.'

'Yeah, but then it's 20 mins walk to my appointment from the station' she replied.

'Quicker than two buses though!' Says I.

Next day she was moaning again.

'A train and then 30 mins walk.' She grumbled.

'Hang on, yesterday you said it was 20 mins walk!'

'Yeah, but last time I got lost!'

'So you planning on getting lost again today then are you? ' I then said 'why don't you just get a bus from Rugby station?'

'There are no buses from Rugby station. They don't have buses. The station is too small.'

'Rugby station is huge!' I replied.

'Err, yes, but outside it is small. They don't have buses.'

'Sorry, but I just can't accept that!' I retorted. 'No buses at all from Rugby station?'

'No.'

'I have never heard of such a thing. A main station that has no buses!. That can't be right.'

Then she started moaning about the rain and the wind.

'Last time I went I got lost and it was really windy and I got soaked.'

'Err, yeah, but it's not windy or rainy today is it! Today it''s going to be dry and NOT windy!'

I then made a point of having a look on the internet and found a list of a number of buses that go from right outside the station.

'Look! There ARE buses! I pointed out. 'There are stops right outside the station.'

'Well I didn't see any stops!'

So I then plotted her a route and it was only 15 mins in total, 10 min train journey and 5 min bus ride. Piece of cake.

Anyone would think she was going to the Outer Hebrides!

Think sometimes she just looks for excuses. Anyone get the same? Is it a trait of the female species?

She manipulated you into doing it all for her, which was probably her original intention.

Otis

Fair point!

Wish it was true. She just likes to moan. Same with everything. If she thinks something is a problem it doesn't matter what solution you offer, you will always get a 'but' in response to solution. :)

Otis

Thing is anyway, she didn't want to go by train. She wanted to go by bus. Presumably so she could then moan about the length of bus journey and how much of a problem it would be!

smouch1975

Otis. In the friendliest possible way.

Between this thread and the amount of time you can dedicated to other threads.

Please take some time out to review your relationship.
Genuine regards

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Otis

Otis. In the friendliest possible way.

Between this thread and the amount of time you can dedicated to other threads.

Please take some time out to review your relationship.
Genuine regards

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk
It is under constant review and I have drawn a white paper up on it.

Just waiting for a vote now in the House of Lords. :)

Answer is: No child, no relationship!

Otis

On a serious not though, it is scary the amount of my daughter's year group whose parents have split up. We calculated it at about 70%.

That's an incredible figure. Only one of my daughter's close friends has parents that are still together.

mrtrench

I'm certainly no expert on this and get it wrong continually. However I believe this is a big difference between men and women generally (although I hate generalisations and am questioning myself already about making one).

When men ask for help they are seeking a solution. When women do it they are just chatting - they aren't looking for a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread