Things you like and dislike about your missus (1 Viewer)

Otis

Dislike:

Too serious.

No sense of humour. Never gets the joke of anything in any TV programme.

Won't get into the spirit of Christmas, or Easter, or Halloween, or Bonfire Night etc.

Never wants to go anywhere but Russia for holidays

Always criticises the UK and how things are here (Russians do everything better, food, health, science, care of its people, law and order). I know, ridiculous.

Believes all the old wives tales of you getting a cold by being cold, catching the flu from having wet hair etc.

Always cold, so shuts all the windows, even in summer.

Doesn't like bass, so we are not allowed to have the sound bar on in the house, or have the TV past below average volume (daughter and I have now taken to wearing headphones, but apparently they are too loud too)

Won't watch any UK TV programmes (apart from the odd exception)

Always moans about the little things (daughter not putting her slippers on, or the bedroom not being immaculate), while I only tell my daughter off about the big things (right and wrong, health, safety, consideration and care for others, education).

Thinks Putin is a lovely man who has never done wrong.

She sends text and WhatsApp messages to me even though we are both in the house.

Everything is 'always a complete mess' or 'totally wrong ' No half measures. Me and my daughter have now started calling her 2. It's too cold, it's too noisy, it's too windy, it's too sunny, it's too late, it's too early, it's too far, too silly, etc.

Will eat food that is scandalously out of date (bread 17 days past its best before date, a mango that was 4 months old, yoghurt that is 6 weeks out of date etc. It's the British climate though that gives her diarrhoea and stomach upsets.

Like:

She works long hours. ;)

skybluetony176

Dislike: She never tidies up behind herself and then moans about the mess. Especially in the kitchen when cooking.

Like: Everything else. She's awesome. I'm one lucky guy.

Otis

Dislike: She never tidied up behind herself and then moans about the mess. Especially in the kitchen when cooking.

Like: Everything else. She's awesome. I'm one lucky guy.
Does she have the patience of a saint when you are having your long arguments with Grendel?

Skinnythebear

Otis
Have you ever thought you married the wrong woman???
Send her back to Russia and let her queue for bread for 3 days and she might appreciate the great British Empire!!

Otis

Otis
Send her back to Russia and let her queue for bread for 3 days and she might appreciate the great British Empire!!
Have I ever thought I married the wrong woman?

Only every day for the last 14 years. ;)

lifeskyblue

Have I ever thought I married the wrong woman?

Only every day for the last 14 years. ;)

I wonder if Mrs Otis was asked she would respond the same or tell us it has been the best 14yeArs of her life and every day she counts her blessings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grendel

Sounds very typical Russian - I've been a few times - I agree on the food from my experience. It's varied and great quality.

Otis

Not my cup of tea, but some like it. Lots of stews and casseroles and salads.

Never seem to roast or grill anything though, it's always boiled or fried.

My wife fries everything!

skyblueinBaku

Otis

The days of queueing for bread are long gone, Skinny. When I lived there (many years ago) there were often acute shortages of various foods. In those days, shopping was a man's job - UK supermarkets are for wimps.

Grendel

Not my cup of tea, but some like it. Lots of stews and casseroles and salads.

Never seem to roast or grill anything though, it's always boiled or fried.

My wife fries everything!

There's loads of steakhouses in Russia - Russians seem to eat steak all the time. Also lots of fish - had the best grilled salmon I've ever had there.

skyblueinBaku

Sounds very typical Russian - I've been a few times - I agree on the food from my experience. It's varied and great quality.

It is nowadays, Grendel. In my time there, finding 'great quality' food was quite a task. Apart from bread and pastries - always in good supply (apart from the great Moscow bread shortage in 1989/90) and really delicious.

Otis

There's loads of steakhouses in Russia - Russians seem to eat steak all the time. Also lots of fish - had the best grilled salmon I've ever had there.
My wife strangely, never cooks beef or steak, it's always chicken or pork. She literally fries everything and that's another thing where we are complete opposites, because I never fry anything at all. I grill and roast everything.

Think last time I fried something will have been over 20 years ago.

Terry Gibson's perm

My wife strangely, never cooks beef or steak, it's always chicken or pork. She literally fries everything and that's another thing where we are complete opposites, because I never fry anything at all. I grill and roast everything.

You sound like the perfect couple a match made in heaven:claping hands:

skyblueinBaku

That's a cultural thing, Otis. Before the break up of the USSR, grills were not common, and nor was beef (even in a meat market where prices were higher than in a shop). Your wife's cooking habits will to a certain extent depend on when and where she was brought up.

Terry Gibson's perm

Mine does like me much st the moment she says I spend too much time pissing around on here with you bunch of Arse holes (her words not mine)

Otis

That's a cultural thing, Otis. Before the break up of the USSR, grills were not common, and nor was beef (even in a meat market where prices were higher than in a shop). Your wife's cooking habits will to a certain extent depend on when and where she was brought up.
My guess is a gulag!

Sick Boy

My girlfriend is Italian but unlike the stereotype is unable to cook anything apart from pasta with tomato sauce, even then it's disgusting.

Wouldn't change her for the world though!!

Like Otis' wife though she believes in the old wives tales about getting ill. Once she blamed a headache of mine on cold air blowing in my ear.

Otis

Ha, ha!! Yep! Had that!

I have a friend who married a Greek bloke and it's exactly the same thing!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

My girlfriend is Italian but unlike the stereotype is unable to cook anything apart from pasta with tomato sauce, even then it's disgusting.

Wouldn't change her for the world though!!

Like Otis' wife though she believes in the old wives tales about getting ill. Once she blamed a headache of mine on cold air blowing in my ear.

I come across a lot of Italians, best of luck to you. They certainly wear there heart on there sleeve.

My wife had to sack an Italian cook a couple of months ago, as she would always be in a rage, throw food away because she didn't like it, Yorkshire puddings was the last thing she threw away over 100 of them. In a mainly English bar, she said customers won't like them because she didn't.

Otis

I come across a lot of Italians, best of luck to you. They certainly wear there heart on there sleeve.

My wife had to sack an Italian cook a couple of months ago, as she would always be in a rage, throw food away because she didn't like it, Yorkshire puddings was the last thing she threw away over 100 of them. In a mainly English bar, she said customers won't like them because she didn't.
Shame, cos if she hadn't have sacked her I would have asked what restaurant it is and then would have just waited round outside by the back of the bins every night.

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Shame, cos if she hadn't have sacked her I would have asked what restaurant it is and then would have just waited round outside by the back of the bins every night.

You'd be OK on a Sunday night as they don't empty the bins until 4o'clock Mon morning, normally they empty our bins every evening about 10.

She was given plenty of chances.

But she insisted she knew what goes on a Sunday Dinner, as she worked in a top hotel in London for a couple of months. She would argue with my wife how to serve a Traditional English Sunday Dinner.

Sick Boy

I lived over there for just over 4 years and love the people and the culture. We will be moving back over again in the future once we've saved a bit of money over here.

haha, the Italians take food VERY seriously and getting used to the food back over here is still taking time.

Tonylinc

You'd be OK on a Sunday night as they don't empty the bins until 4o'clock Mon morning, normally they empty our bins every evening about 10.

She was given plenty of chances.

But she insisted she knew what goes on a Sunday Dinner, as she worked in a top hotel in London for a couple of months. She would argue with my wife how to serve a Traditional English Sunday Dinner.
Noticed on our recent trip over there that they emptied the bins over night......what a great idea....no daytime hold ups!

Sumo the Micky Quinn

Noticed on our recent trip over there that they emptied the bins over night......what a great idea....no daytime hold ups!

But its one of the few logical things they actually do here. Especially as in the summer it stop the smell building up in the heat.

Nice to see you again. What day did you get back, hope you missed the rain we had over the last 4 days.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My missus is Polish/Lithuanian - her mum and dad came over here just as the last war ended, to escape the Russians. Anyways, she was born here, but still likes the old Eastern European ways. And food? Have you ever tried sauerkraut? It really is the pits! She eats it by the jarful and it stinks the place out! But I do like some of the food - Polish cheesecake is yummy, as are their sausages (kielbasa) and I could eat kabanos till it comes out me ears!
She is always right, (I let her believe that!), but has an absolute heart of gold. She's a bit older than me (3 years) but still insists I'm "going first"!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Beautiful smile,Heart of gold, caring, selfless, generous,
Dislikes
Stubborn as a mule,never apologises ,

Tonylinc

But its one of the few logical things they actually do here. Especially as in the summer it stop the smell building up in the heat.

Nice to see you again. What day did you get back, hope you missed the rain we had over the last 4 days.
Got back last Sunday...Boooo! Will see you again next Feb. probably with my Wolves supporting brother.....his first time over there and absolutely loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread