This needs saying - SISU have saved the club (1 Viewer)

NorthernWisdom

Really, we have to congratulate SISU on their sharp business practice to keep us going.

Let's not forget the Ricoh was unviable, it was move or die. Did we want a chance for our club to be around in 20-50 years time, or carry on as they were and probably go out of business in a year’s time?

The clock was ticking on us being wound up before SISU saved the day. And that, despite SISU also absorbing £millions of debt in the ensuing years, the club had continued to haemorrhage money.

Now the rent agreement is broken we've got rid of that millstone, and we're in control of our own destiny. Next stop is a new ground at a decent price wherever is most cost-efficient. Because of that we’ve finally ended the uncertainty hanging over our future, and put ourselves in a position to compete at the highest levels of the game.

Astute

laughing-my-ass-off-smiley-emoticon.gif

skybluebeduff

Really, we have to congratulate SISU on their sharp business practice to keep us going.

Let's not forget the Ricoh was unviable, it was move or die. Did we want a chance for our club to be around in 20-50 years time, or carry on as they were and probably go out of business in a year’s time?

The clock was ticking on us being wound up before SISU saved the day. And that, despite SISU also absorbing £millions of debt in the ensuing years, the club had continued to haemorrhage money.

Now the rent agreement is broken we've got rid of that millstone, and we're in control of our own destiny. Next stop is a new ground at a decent price wherever is most cost-efficient. Because of that we’ve finally ended the uncertainty hanging over our future, and put ourselves in a position to compete at the highest levels of the game.

seriously1.gif

Astute

I think that we could have kept Wilson if we'd sold the car park myself, so Sisu missed a trick there.

We could have bought the Ricoh with the Wilson money if SISU hadn't taken the piss so much. Or even for less than the legal bills
from trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap. No wonder you lot are so proud of them.

Alan Dugdale

SISU to be congratulated on their sharp business practice! - One failure after another, businessmen like Igwe, Brody, Dullieu and Fisher have proven complete failures.

Are we any more likely to be around in 20-50 years now, as we were when SISU took over?

Some might say it would have been better if the club had bitten the bullet and gone into administration before SISU took over and 'saved the day', maybe even to have gone into liquidation and starting again. We would at least have hit rock bottom and looked to make our way back up the ladder, whereas at the moment it still feels we are on a downward path.

New ground - where? Do you really believe SISU have the wherewithal to build a new ground? Of course if so the club will still be paying rent, only to SISU. Oh, and if we put ourselves in a position to compete at the highest levels we will need a ground like the Ricoh with its 30,000 capacity rather than a flat pack cheapo ground of 12 - 15,000.

Your post is so full of holes it has to be a wind up. So i guess if you're fishing, I've bitten and you win!

Noggin

looking forward to their next life saving improvements, soon it will be the perfect place for insomniacs, yawn inducing entertainment and a nice quite place to sleep without anyone else around to bother you.

why are you courting insults? I understand many trolls doing it because they enjoy the attention but that isn't you, you normally get quite upset.

Otis

If i had have agreed with all that I would have given that a like.

;)

skybluebeduff

and put ourselves in a position to compete at the highest levels of the game.

View attachment 3869 Look where we are in the league. Then look how we've done since the saviours turned up

2012/20133npower League One13th/2446779292711483732181117665965
2011/20122npower Championship23rd/244687828261616133991324416540
2010/20112npower Championship18th/2446959272658102732141319545855
2009/20102Coca-Cola Championship19th/2446896272956122035131518476454
2008/20092Coca-Cola Championship17th/2446887262657112132131518475854
2007/20082Coca-Cola Championship21st/2446887252663142738141121526453
2006/20072Coca-Cola Championship17th/24

Yep Highest level for sure :pointlaugh:

Noggin

he's right though we are very lucky they saved us, they wanted to help out Southampton but luckily it was us that got the help. I imagine they are hating it 3rd in the Premiership when they could have a nice spot in league two staked out for next year.

Astute

Exactly. That's why things need and needed to change. Failure was inevitable staying where we were, that's the reality.

So we went to Northampton and it has been a success all the way since.

Ashdown

So just over an hour ago a real person sits in his residence/workplace and decides to write something to try and wind supposed fellow fans up on football forum. Get a life springs to mind, it's all been done before !

bigfatronssba

Haha, I didn't realise it was April 1st.

This is definitely a post to keep for the archives. In 2-3 years time when we are still at the Ricoh, with no sign of a new ground, and sisu incapable of negotiating a new rental deal with Wasps, this will need re-quoting.

Grendel

Its funny how these clever people on here don't realise what this is really about.

Grendel

Haha, I didn't realise it was April 1st.

This is definitely a post to keep for the archives. In 2-3 years time when we are still at the Ricoh, with no sign of a new ground, and sisu incapable of negotiating a new rental deal with Wasps, this will need re-quoting.

Walks up to the trap and falls straight in

Otis

Its funny how these clever people on here don't realise what this is really about.

Think the thing is, people are now so entrenched in their views the blinkers are on and they are only looking in one direction.

Obviously NW is making a point, but it is now lost amongst the tumbleweed.

Nice being back to the us and them fisticuffs. I missed it those 3 weeks we had a degree of unity.

mds

Blind blinkered hatred verses logic and sensible thinking, this thread is confusing, not sure which is which ;)

RFC

We could have bought the Ricoh with the Wilson money if SISU hadn't taken the piss so much. Or even for less than the legal bills
from trying to get the Ricoh on the cheap. No wonder you lot are so proud of them.

In your dreams, CCC have an awful lot to reflect on.

Users who are viewing this thread