this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

tisza

They’ve got a point....

nope the spin cupboards empty.
Bess & Leach 9 & 5 wkts respectively in CC so far this season. Think Virdi at Surrey only qualified spinner with more than 20 wkts this season (from 8 games). Moeen's got 8 from the 1 game (even Root's got 5).
Still seamers taking all the wickets this season even with the dry pitches.

ccfchoi87

Is it me or does the test batting line up lack the depth of the one day sides? I'd like to see woakes or Ali used at all times just to pad it out.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Is it me or does the test batting line up lack the depth of the one day sides? I'd like to see woakes or Ali used at all times just to pad it out.

It worries me as you’re into the all rounders very quickly & all attacking from 5 onwards so if you slip to 20-3 they’ll try and hit their way out as opposed to digging in.

Interesting morning ball nipped around too much early on for India, spin already but only 1 spinner both sides pitch doesn’t have much pace good toss for England to win and bat first your hope for 500 here and bat til tea tomorrow at least!

chiefdave

Same old story. Cruising and looking at 400 plus and they throw it away. Still could make Friday interesting and that's the day I'm going.

Can see India batting for over a day and racking up 400 and then England will be knocked over when it starts spinning.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

India get a lead of 100 it’s game over, for a team full of confidence in the white ball game the fragility in the red ball game when the going gets tough is farcical!

tisza

India get a lead of 100 it’s game over, for a team full of confidence in the white ball game the fragility in the red ball game when the going gets tough is farcical!
Wondering how much the captaincy is a difference between 2 sides. Morgan seems very positive, organised and in firm control of one day side. Don't think you can say the same about Root.
Still key issue is depth strength. There are a lot of players in line for one day side who wouldn't significantly weaken it. Just not the case for the Test side.
One-day mentality seeping into Test Batting still key problem. Day one of a Test absolutely no need for Root run-out.

tisza

Sometimes it's just a joy to watch Anderson when he's on it (even if he is wicket less atm thanks to Malan)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Looks like a cracking days cricket looking forward to the highlights later hopefully wrap this inns up with a lead of 70ish and crack on to getting 350 ahead

Grendel

There we go.

Advantage India for me with Ashwin in their side.

Tale of two captains this I think. Kohli completely leads from the front and root has the presence of someone whose just been given the job as there is no one else.

Cook probably is at the end really. He’s has a brilliant career for England but I suspect the buzz has gone a bit for him.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Tale of two captains this I think. Kohli completely leads from the front and root has the presence of someone whose just been given the job as there is no one else.

Cook probably is at the end really. He’s has a brilliant career for England but I suspect the buzz has gone a bit for him.

Kohli has that Aussie winners mentality he’s a class above Root even with the bat imo.

I would imagine Cook wanted to go out after the ashes next summer but he’s going to be Ashwins bunny this summer and then Sri Lanka will be all over him in the winter!

Surely India will play at least 2 spinners for the remainder of this series.

At this moment I’d take 250 lead at the end of this inns can see it being 180 at the minute!

chiefdave

England have got a real knack of getting in to good positions and messing it up.

Dropping Kholi twice could really come back to haunt them. Until today his form in tests here was poor, if he'd gone for 21 today wouldn't have done his confidence any good.

Otis

England have got a real knack of getting in to good positions and messing it up.

Dropping Kholi twice could really come back to haunt them. Until today his form in tests here was poor, if he'd gone for 21 today wouldn't have done his confidence any good.
Yeah, but at least we dented his confidence after he reached 100. We got him out then and he must be a tad deflated.

ccfchoi87

I’d like to see Hildreth in the squad for Lord’s.

If not him Clarke or Pope two good youngsters.

And all right handed!

Jamie Overton has been catching my eye. I've always liked a 6ft5 fast bowler just to offer something different. Made it even more disappointing that Finn never kicked on.

Otis

We are definitely going to lose this aren't we and it could well be today.

Last edited:

CJ_covblaze

We definitely going to lose this aren't we and it could well be today.

86-6. If we carry on like this India will get in and win it before tea.

Terry Gibson's perm

This also shows the stupidity of starting on a Wednesday it will be all over by the weekend and they wonder why crowds are down

Users who are viewing this thread