Those hoping for WASPs demise (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Does go to show that ACL as an outfit was doing a pretty shit job before Wasps got hold of them.

Didn't Fisher suggest bringing in an outside party (AEG) to run the other side of the stadium as it wasn't being maximised properly?

Yeah I think that was his suggestion, how true though...

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Does go to show that ACL as an outfit was doing a pretty shit job before Wasps got hold of them.

Didn't Fisher suggest bringing in an outside party (AEG) to run the other side of the stadium as it wasn't being maximised properly?

Yes the same AEG who would want to run Fantasy Land because the Ricoh was too big:laugh::laugh::laugh::facepalm:

chiefdave

People's hatred for SISU made his job (and his PR team) a LOT easier.

I totally understand people hating SISU, on the vast majority of points I agree with the 'SISU haters'.

But I can't get a handle on why this is stopping them seeing what is happening, or has happened. With SISU one day, hopefully, they will be gone. The damage they have done can be reversed. What CCC, Higgs and Wasps have done will impact massively on the club for decades, if not centuries.

It means we are highly unlikely to see any success during my lifetime, and I hope I've got another 40 or more years to go. It makes me furious but the vast majority don't seem bother and will happily turn up to Wasps games.

Seems again it's turning out that SISU were right, which is pretty sickening to be honest. I attacked them with as much venom as anyone when they were declaring how badly ACL was being operated and the need to bring someone else in. My venom was pretty much entirely based on trust Higgs and CCC when they kept saying how well everything was going.

If they were going to bring someone else in AEG would certainly be on my list. Owners and / or operators of the Wembley, O2, Manchester Arena, Hydro, Staples Centre in LA Barclays Centre in NY. Not to mention heavily involved in MLS with ownership of LA Galaxy and owners of LA Kings who have won the Stanley Cup 2 out of the last 3 years.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Are you sure it was Fisher who suggested it or was it someone with a presence at the Ricoh:thinking about:

lordsummerisle

I totally understand people hating SISU, on the vast majority of points I agree with the 'SISU haters'.

But I can't get a handle on why this is stopping them seeing what is happening, or has happened. With SISU one day, hopefully, they will be gone. The damage they have done can be reversed. What CCC, Higgs and Wasps have done will impact massively on the club for decades, if not centuries.

It's because there are too many mono-maniacs about who can only love or hate one thing at a time.

I'm a multi-maniac and can hate lots of things concurrently!

cloughie

It means we are highly unlikely to see any success during my lifetime, and I hope I've got another 40 or more years to go. It makes me furious but the vast majority don't seem bother and will happily turn up to Wasps games.

Sorry but I do not think that is true!

I only know about 3 people who have gone to wasps and 2 of them never go to watch football and then the guy who went is Rugby mad.
Fact is yes there maybe a few football fans going but there are many midlands base people going as well as wasps original fans

italiahorse

Watching Wasps will make absolutely no difference at all.
We need people to turn up to CCFC matches to change our fortunes and we need a winning team to make this happen.

chiefdave

Watching Wasps will make absolutely no difference at all.

That is highly likely to be the case but for me going to watch Wasps condones what has taken place. 8000 people marched through the streets of our city against teams playing away form their home, the CT campaigned against teams playing away from their home. Now the same people, and most definitely some of them are the same people, quite happily watch Wasps and make comments like 'I just want to watch rugby'.

You can't deny that there has been little in the way of protest from the residents of the city. As I said the actions of CCC, Higgs and Wasps has destroyed our hopes of any success for a very long time but it seems that's fine so long as they've got one over on SISU and people who are such big rugby fans they have never been to see CRFC can go and watch Wasps.

Oddly even though Wasps moving 85 miles is fine when there's talk of a new stadium over the city boundary there's uproar. Its crazy.

Intheknow

That is highly likely to be the case but for me going to watch Wasps condones what has taken place. 8000 people marched through the streets of our city against teams playing away form their home, the CT campaigned against teams playing away from their home. Now the same people, and most definitely some of them are the same people, quite happily watch Wasps and make comments like 'I just want to watch rugby'.

You can't deny that there has been little in the way of protest from the residents of the city. As I said the actions of CCC, Higgs and Wasps has destroyed our hopes of any success for a very long time but it seems that's fine so long as they've got one over on SISU and people who are such big rugby fans they have never been to see CRFC can go and watch Wasps.

Oddly even though Wasps moving 85 miles is fine when there's talk of a new stadium over the city boundary there's uproar. Its crazy.

The fact that only 8000 marched is telling. And I don't think Wasps can be accused of getting one over Sisu, Sisu were probably only on Wasps' radar as part of the jigsaw, nothing subjective, purely business.

The declared sales for the Leicester game speak volumes as to the appetite of residents for top level sport.

stupot07

The fact that only 8000 marched is telling. And I don't think Wasps can be accused of getting one over Sisu, Sisu were probably only on Wasps' radar as part of the jigsaw, nothing subjective, purely business.

The declared sales for the Leicester game speak volumes as to the appetite of residents for top level sport.

I think you've completely missed the point there. CD is talking about fans perceptions of events, not wasps aims.

Leicester game was always going to be a big crowd, let's see how many turn up against london Irish, Gloucester, Sale, etc in the next couple of years. We'd have a sell out of manu were coming to town.

Anyway are you actually a cov fan as you one ever make posts in support of london wasp holdings ltd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Intheknow

If they were going to bring someone else in AEG would certainly be on my list. Owners and / or operators of the Wembley, O2, Manchester Arena, Hydro, Staples Centre in LA Barclays Centre in NY. Not to mention heavily involved in MLS with ownership of LA Galaxy and owners of LA Kings who have won the Stanley Cup 2 out of the last 3 years.

Why bring in AEG? AEG like to own arenas/control revenues from arenas. ACL seem to be focusing on keeping control of revenues and investing to increase revenues. That is how a company makes money.

chiefdave

On cue the Wasps non-existent PR machine springs into action.

The fact that only 8000 marched is telling.

Yes its very telling that such a large number turned out. Compare it the size of other clubs major protests - for example Portsmouth big protest which numbered approx 20 people, in fact look on here before where people were worried it would be a struggle to get 80 people let alone 8000. The turnout was huge and surprised pretty much everyone.

And I don't think Wasps can be accused of getting one over Sisu

No but CCC and Higgs could and that seems to have been more important to many posters on here as well as CCC and Higgs themselves.

Yes it tells you Leicester are a very well supported team and only a few mins down the road. 24K I believe at their last home match. The fact that its a struggle to give away tickets locally for other games tells you much more about the appetite of local residents.

chiefdave

Leicester game was always going to be a big crowd, let's see how many turn up against london Irish, Gloucester, Sale, etc in the next couple of years. We'd have a sell out of manu were coming to town.

Exactly, we had 30K there in the JPT regional final and people were queuing for hours when we had Chelsea in the cup, doesn't mean they turn up every week. In fact as a more accurate comparison if we had got promoted this year and were playing Leicester City next season you can be sure there would be 20K or more as there was the last time, and that's of course without it being the novelty of a first visit for the Leicester City fans and wouldn't even be in the top flight.

Why bring in AEG? AEG like to own arenas/control revenues from arenas. ACL seem to be focusing on keeping control of revenues and investing to increase revenues. That is how a company makes money.

Yes of course you wouldn't want to bring in the worlds largest sports and entertainment company, there would be no advantage to that :facepalm:

Intheknow

I think you've completely missed the point there. CD is talking about fans perceptions of events, not wasps aims.

Anyway are you actually a cov fan as you one ever make posts in support of london wasp holdings ltd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

when you say Leicester was always going to be a big crowd, it is looking like the biggest ever home ground attendance. Reported corporate sales will be biggest for any rugby home ground league match. This puts Wasps at the top of English rugby revenues.

A succesful team on the pitch increases attendances. A match day experience that adds to the occasion increases revenue. Wasps seem to understand how to run a business.

I would have a guess that next season's average attendance will beat this year.

chiefdave

Why bring in AEG?

In fact maybe Fisher should get them involved in the stadium build. Had a presentation from them recently about the VTB Arena and it looks incredible and fits into Fishers 60 acre site. Not sure SISU could come up with US$1.5b though. Hoping to blag a trip out there when its nearer completion or better still for one of the World Cup games.

chiefdave

This puts Wasps at the top of English rugby revenues.

For one game, as has already been said if we played Man Utd it would be the same. I don't think you're stupid so stop coming on a CCFC forum when you only want to post about how great Wasps are and preaching to everyone like they are complete idiots.

Edit: Actually before you go maybe you could explain how Wasps are going to fit more people in the Ricoh than the 75,112 that saw London Wasps play Harlequins at Twickenham in 2010 or is the biggest ever attendance just playing with semantics again to paint a false picture?

Last edited:

Intheknow

Exactly, we had 30K there in the JPT regional final and people were queuing for hours when we had Chelsea in the cup, doesn't mean they turn up every week. In fact as a more accurate comparison if we had got promoted this year and were playing Leicester City next season you can be sure there would be 20K or more as there was the last time, and that's of course without it being the novelty of a first visit for the Leicester City fans and wouldn't even be in the top flight.

Yes of course you wouldn't want to bring in the worlds largest sports and entertainment company, there would be no advantage to that :facepalm:

no point in bringing in a third party company if they keep the majority of the profit. Look at IEC, Compass are one of the biggest F and B companies in the UK but it has a minority stake. That's not how AEG do business.

As for attendances, Wasps seem to have grown theirs on the move to the Ricoh, not sure the same can be said about CCFC. Indeed, I suspect that plenty of the Wasps attendances are made up of ex CCFC attendees.

Intheknow

For one game, as has already been said if we played Man Utd it would be the same. I don't think you're stupid so stop coming on a CCFC forum when you only want to post about how great Wasps are and preaching to everyone like they are complete idiots.

There is only one blind preacher on this thread.

stupot07

when you say Leicester was always going to be a big crowd, it is looking like the biggest ever home ground attendance. Reported corporate sales will be biggest for any rugby home ground league match. This puts Wasps at the top of English rugby revenues.

A succesful team on the pitch increases attendances. A match day experience that adds to the occasion increases revenue. Wasps seem to understand how to run a business.

Of course it's going to be the biggest crowd, wasps now have the biggest ground. If leicester had a 30-35k stadium they would already have the record.

NorthernWisdom

And there in one post shows a lack of soul, a wilful misunderstanding of the concept of sport, and an utter sell-out.

Grendel

Of course it's going to be the biggest crowd, wasps now have the biggest ground. If leicester had a 30-35k stadium they would already have the record.

When some games are played at Twickenham don't they get over 60,000?

Intheknow

That is probably true. But the point is that they don't and cannot so a redundant point.

Sisu had their opportunity but arrogance cost them, dearly.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Yes its very telling that such a large number turned out. Compare it the size of other clubs major protests - for example Portsmouth big protest which numbered approx 20 people, in fact look on here before where people were worried it would be a struggle to get 80 people let alone 8000. The turnout was huge and surprised pretty much everyone.
I wonder how many people would turn out if anyone ever dared to try and move Wasps from the new home of Rugby.

chiefdave

no point in bringing in a third party company if they keep the majority of the profit. Look at IEC, Compass are one of the biggest F and B companies in the UK but it has a minority stake. That's not how AEG do business.

Again stop treating everyone like idiots. I work with AEG so I know exactly how they do business.

As for attendances, Wasps seem to have grown theirs on the move to the Ricoh, not sure the same can be said about CCFC.

Actually exactly the same can be said of CCFC when we moved to the Ricoh, then the novelty wore off and attendances dropped. Hence why most people are saying give it 2 or 3 years and then see what the attendances are like. Of course if they drop I'm sure Wasps won't have any qualms about moving again if a better opportunity presents itself.

stupot07

That is probably true. But the point is that they don't and cannot so a redundant point.

Sisu had their opportunity but arrogance cost them, dearly.

So what? Forget sisu, you don't seem to give a shit or have any sympathy for ccfc. You just come on here ramming how great wasps are and defending them/bigging them up in every post, I can't find one ccfc related post you've made. You're not even a ccfc fan are you?

Intheknow

Again stop treating everyone like idiots. I work with AEG so I know exactly how they do business.

Actually exactly the same can be said of CCFC when we moved to the Ricoh, then the novelty wore off and attendances dropped. Hence why most people are saying give it 2 or 3 years and then see what the attendances are like. Of course if they drop I'm sure Wasps won't have any qualms about moving again if a better opportunity presents itself.

Any link between attendance drop off and performance?

Users who are viewing this thread