Those hoping for WASPs demise (3 Viewers)

SkyBlue_Bear83

So what? Forget sisu, you don't seem to give a shit or have any sympathy for ccfc. You just come on here ramming how great wasps are and defending them/bigging them up in every post, I can't find one ccfc related post you've made. You're not even a ccfc fan are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)
Like a lot of the posters on here then

Grendel

Why is anyone giving this clown airtime? He should be banned from the forum.

chiefdave

So you don't think success will draw in and maintain attendances?

I think if we are successful our attendances will rise as we have a history in the area and despite the current level of attendance there are many lapsed fans. You only have to look at the clamour for tickets for the first game back or the JPT area final, neither of which could be counted as big name glamorous opposition, to see that. I think it would take actual success rather than flirting with the play offs around Xmas.

I think Wasps will need to reach and stay at the very very top, and by that I mean winning trophies season in season out, to stand any chance of maintaining current attendance levels. They are not part of the local community and there is nothing that they can do that can replicate the bond of being local for over a century. I suspect when they sea of free tickets dries up and Wasps are on a bad run in the middle of winter you won't be on here bragging about 20K turning up. Of course that's just my opinion, as has been said many times we will need to wait 2 or 3 years, possibly longer to know for sure.

chiefdave

Wasn't aware that I used the word "league" in my sentence.

Again as I pointed out previously you are using semantics to claim this is the biggest league crowd. Wasps played many league games at Twickenham in front of much larger crowds. You are now comparing a league game that takes place every year to our only Cup Final appearance in our history!

Intheknow

I think if we are successful our attendances will rise as we have a history in the area and despite the current level of attendance there are many lapsed fans. You only have to look at the clamour for tickets for the first game back or the JPT area final, neither of which could be counted as big name glamorous opposition, to see that. I think it would take actual success rather than flirting with the play offs around Xmas.

I think Wasps will need to reach and stay at the very very top, and by that I mean winning trophies season in season out, to stand any chance of maintaining current attendance levels. They are not part of the local community and there is nothing that they can do that can replicate the bond of being local for over a century. I suspect when they sea of free tickets dries up and Wasps are on a bad run in the middle of winter you won't be on here bragging about 20K turning up. Of course that's just my opinion, as has been said many times we will need to wait 2 or 3 years, possibly longer to know for sure.

Agree with all of that. Apart from the fact that I think rugby attendances are less "tribal/community" dependent than football attendances. Current attendances seem to suggest that.

And from what is reported the sea of free tickets for the Leicester game is a fallacy.

Intheknow

Again as I pointed out previously you are using semantics to claim this is the biggest league crowd. Wasps played many league games at Twickenham in front of much larger crowds. You are now comparing a league game that takes place every year to our only Cup Final appearance in our history!

i said "home league" attendance. Wembley/Twickenham is not a home game. Not semantics, just honest fact.

SkyBlue_Bear83

There's no doubt that even a semi successful football club (bottom half premier league, play off championship, odd cup run) adds more value to the Ricoh than an extremely successful rugby club ever could.

Shame we will never see that now.

I'd like to think you're right about Wasps attendances drying up, I've lost faith though. People will continue to go as in their eyes its another kick to the groin to the football club but if it hurts SISU as well then hey its all good.

chiefdave

Apart from the fact that I think rugby attendances are less "tribal/community" dependent than football attendances. Current attendances seem to suggest that.

Which if anything is bad news for Wasps, they are far more likely to think Leicester are doing better than Wasps next season and go and watch them. Or even worse find something else that is now their new favourite thing.

And from what is reported the sea of free tickets for the Leicester game is a fallacy.

As has already been pointed out to you the Leicester game is a big attendance because Leicester fans are turning up. If we were playing LCFC on Saturday they would no doubt be bringing 6K and filling the away end.

Its very clear that every other game has huge numbers of free and massively reduced tickets. How many there are for Leicester? I have no idea. Frankly if they are discounting a game when they have 20K plus fans 30 mins down the road for whom a game at the Ricoh will be first they would be crazy. Saying that I have been offered a free ticket and I don't even live in Coventry, or Leicester, so who knows.

As has been said several times, holding up this game as an example is like us playing Man Utd and bragging to everyone how popular we are.

Intheknow

As has been said several times, holding up this game as an example is like us playing Man Utd and bragging to everyone how popular we are.

With the difference that a Man U game will be a one off cup game whereas Leicester are an annual league fixture....

SkyBlue_Bear83

With the difference that a Man U game will be a one off cup game whereas Leicester are an annual league fixture....

Maybe the council should have been helping there local club reach them heights again then (which would add more value to the Ricoh and city than Wasps ever can) rather than giving up on them and leaving them to rot?

chiefdave

Only if you're admitting that the actions of CCC, Higgs and Wasps has ensured we have zero chance of returning to the PL.

Maybe we should buy Hillsborough and move to Sheffield, we'd get a great attendance once a year.

chiefdave

Nope, but the matches were not played at home.

They were designated Wasps home games on the fixture list, they just chose to play them elsewhere. Its like saying the matches at the start of this season we played at Sixfields weren't home games.

Grendel

So what? The only reason it will ever be full will be due to the thousands of fans from Leicester.

The truth is wasps have not got an established fan base. They are a franchise team with zero heritage or identity. They have a record for financial incompetence and for treating their consumers with contempt.

You don't even know where they will be in 10 years time. Like any cheap whore with no loyalty they will always follow the money and if the punters pay more somewhere else they will be gone.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Average HOME attendance here for 13/14

4baa436f372bcce30686999659b0e7df.png

I'm still struggling to see how you fitted 62k into Adams Park :thinking about:

Intheknow

They were designated Wasps home games on the fixture list, they just chose to play them elsewhere. Its like saying the matches at the start of this season we played at Sixfields weren't home games.

I find it odd that you view the Sixfields as home.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Maybe Sisu were given that help but blew it.

They weren't, for the record I'm not bothered about helping SISU, I said help the club. We were charged extortionate rent year on year with next to zero access to revenues.

You wouldn't know because you are not a supporter.

Last edited:

Thenose

Maybe the council should have been helping there local club reach them heights again then (which would add more value to the Ricoh and city than Wasps ever can) rather than giving up on them and leaving them to rot?

But which local team should they help, Earlsdon Royal Oak or Canley sports and social?

CCFC are a privately owned for profit company, they are big boys and responsible for their own future like all business, it's up to them to build a successful business and turn a profit.

chiefdave

Having slept on it I've changed my mind. Its not like us playing Man Utd and filling the ground. Its like us playing Man Utd and we only have the away end with the rest of the ground filled with Utd fans!

Do find it coincidental that there's a small group of our fans who signed up to the forum right after Wasps purchased ACL who never post about football :thinking about:

SkyBlue_Bear83

But which local team should they help, Earlsdon Royal Oak or Canley sports and social?

CCFC are a privately owned for profit company, they are big boys and responsible for their own future like all business, it's up to them to build a successful business and turn a profit.

That may have held some weight IF the council had not bent over backwards to bail out a failing Rugby club and doing everything within there power to ensure they arrived here.

Surely Wasps are big boys and can stand on there own two feet?

Any local team would have been far more preferable over them helping out and doing Wasps favours, although obviously I would prefer CCFC as that is who I support

If the Ricoh were a shop, basically SISU smashed the windows and doors down at the Ricoh only for Wasps to then walk through the smashed window and help themselves to everything and yet this somehow makes Wasps better.

Grendel

That may have held some weight IF the council had not bent over backwards to bail out a failing Rugby club and doing everything within there power to ensure they arrived here.

Surely Wasps are big boys and can stand on there own two feet?

Any local team would have been far more preferable over them helping out and doing Wasps favours, although obviously I would prefer CCFC as that is who I support

If the Ricoh were a shop, basically SISU smashed the windows and doors down at the Ricoh only for Wasps to then walk through the smashed window and help themselves to everything and yet this somehow makes Wasps better.

I do sometimes wonder if wasps remained in London or really went for it and went to Sundeeland and the council owned the New Den or TSOL and handed it to wasps if those fans would embrace them and their fans.

I don't think so

SkyBlue_Bear83

I do sometimes wonder if wasps remained in London or really went for it and went to Sundeeland and the council owned the New Den or TSOL and handed it to wasps if those fans would embrace them and their fans.

I don't think so
Of course they wouldn't, you often hear the old 'this wouldn't happen at Leeds' with regards to anything SISU. Well this probably wouldn't happen at any other football club in the country, and most certainly would not happen to what people would consider a 'big' club. We're a bunch of spineless pricks.

I think in 50 years time you will be able to look back and pinpoint this decision and time period as where we transformed from 'big club' or 'sleeping giant' into a lower league club.

italiahorse

It wasn't, just as the Ricoh is now not our home. But it was where we played what was classified as our 'home' fixtures at the time.

So when was the Ricoh our home ?
When it was owned by CCC/Higgs ?

It's all in the mind. The Ricoh will be our home for many years to come. Just ask any away fan how lucky we are !!

italiahorse

I don't think so

Of course they wouldn't, you often hear the old 'this wouldn't happen at Leeds' with regards to anything SISU. Well this probably wouldn't happen at any other football club in the country, and most certainly would not happen to what people would consider a 'big' club. We're a bunch of spineless pricks.

I think in 50 years time you will be able to look back and pinpoint this decision and time period as where we transformed from 'big club' or 'sleeping giant' into a lower league club.

Having slept on it I've changed my mind. Its not like us playing Man Utd and filling the ground. Its like us playing Man Utd and we only have the away end with the rest of the ground filled with Utd fans!

Do find it coincidental that there's a small group of our fans who signed up to the forum right after Wasps purchased ACL who never post about football :thinking about:

Okay I give up. Someone give me a Fukcing rope.
It feels like a Jonestown rally.

Last edited:

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

That is highly likely to be the case but for me going to watch Wasps condones what has taken place. 8000 people marched through the streets of our city against teams playing away form their home, the CT campaigned against teams playing away from their home. Now the same people, and most definitely some of them are the same people, quite happily watch Wasps and make comments like 'I just want to watch rugby'.

You can't deny that there has been little in the way of protest from the residents of the city. As I said the actions of CCC, Higgs and Wasps has destroyed our hopes of any success for a very long time but it seems that's fine so long as they've got one over on SISU and people who are such big rugby fans they have never been to see CRFC can go and watch Wasps.

Oddly even though Wasps moving 85 miles is fine when there's talk of a new stadium over the city boundary there's uproar. Its crazy.

What a load of rubbish,so the people who marchyed did so for clubs playing away from their home? Did they hell they marched because their club was playing away from their home. What support did we get from other clubs? Arsenal held up placards and gave us a few chants as did Sheffield United,Cardiff and AFC Wimbledon as for most of the others they couldn't give a shit. I marched for my club as did the overwhelming majority. I used to care about other clubs but not anymore,I care about my club and my club only I've returned to the 99,9999% of football supporters. The days of me being a moral crusader have gone I leave that to you I hope you have more success than I did.

Users who are viewing this thread