TICKETS (5 Viewers)

Nuskyblue

Quick question, and probably a silly one, but do the scanners at the turnstiles pick up barcode images on your phone? In other words, can I get in using my phone without having to print the ticket out?
Yea just turn your brightness all the way up

bigfatronssba

The Leeds trouble was last game of the season just before Euro 96. We stayed up on goal difference with Saints and Man City went down. City fans ran on the pitch to celebrate staying up and Leeds decided to have a go. Police horses were used to separate the groups. I expected the paper the day after to have pictures of it but believe it was suppressed due to England hosting the European Championships a few weeks later. Didn’t want any bad press about English hooligans.
Unrelated slightly, but I remember on Match of the Day that night them saying that a rumour went around Maine Road that we were losing 3-0 to Leeds, which the Man City players picked up on. Des Lynam reckoned there was a Cov fan in the crowd that started the rumour :ROFLMAO:

fernandopartridge

The Leeds trouble was last game of the season just before Euro 96. We stayed up on goal difference with Saints and Man City went down. City fans ran on the pitch to celebrate staying up and Leeds decided to have a go. Police horses were used to separate the groups. I expected the paper the day after to have pictures of it but believe it was suppressed due to England hosting the European Championships a few weeks later. Didn’t want any bad press about English hooligans.
It was on the front of the telegraph as my mate has got the clipping

hill83

I remember being in the brewer & baker as well. I’d meet my dad there because I lived 2 minutes away. A load of away fans piled in and knocked the first bloke they saw out clean. By the pool table. I was supposed to be next (to play pool) not get knocked out.

I was going to say it was Millwall but looking at the historic fixtures I don’t think it was. Possibly West Ham.

fernandopartridge

I remember being in the brewer & baker as well. I’d meet my dad there because I lived 2 minutes away. A load of away fans piled in and knocked the first bloke they saw out clean. By the pool table. I was supposed to be next (to play pool) not get knocked out.

I was going to say it was Millwall but looking at the historic fixtures I don’t think it was. Possibly West Ham.
Man United maybe

bigfatronssba

Police horses on the pitch the lot , cov fans never ran at all ,they all ran over to Leeds fans

I can't believe I'm going to admit this , but I cried as I was scared 🤣🤣🤣 had never seen that before that day.. was 11

I think I must've been a bit backwards when it come to football violence when I was a kid. I remember seeing it, and it having no influence on me whatsoever! I remember my Dad being upset at that Leeds game and I couldn't understand why!

Sky Blue Pete

Quick question, and probably a silly one, but do the scanners at the turnstiles pick up barcode images on your phone? In other words, can I get in using my phone without having to print the ticket out?
Print it out I’m sure it says in the email this is not your ticket

Nick

Administrator
Police horses on the pitch the lot , cov fans never ran at all ,they all ran over to Leeds fans

I can't believe I'm going to admit this , but I cried as I was scared had never seen that before that day.. was 11
First bit I saw was in the queue for a ticket when I was about 13 at hr. I think it was Sheffield United, one of their fans just came over and whacked a bloke in the queue and walked off.

It was random. Must have known him.

Shit myself.

bigfatronssba

Does anyone remember trouble at Oggy's last game against Sheffield Wednesday?

I was speaking to my Brother about it who I remember being there with, and he swears blind there wasn't any trouble.

I think we were winning 4-1, and that relegated Wednesday, and some of their fans got tired of the going down taunts and jumped the fence at the back of the Sky Blue Stand.

TomRad85

I was speaking to my Brother about it who I remember being there with, and he swears blind there wasn't any trouble.

I think we were winning 4-1, and that relegated Wednesday, and some of their fans got tired of the going down taunts and jumped the fence at the back of the Sky Blue Stand.
Was there and can't say I remember any trouble. Our first time wearing the kit that we'd go on to be relegated in the following season I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

bigfatronssba

Was there and can't say I remember any trouble. Our first time wearing the kit that we'd go on to be relegated in the following season I think.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
The trouble I'm thinking of must've been a different game then.

I remember them wearing that kit.

Sick Boy

Think it was Man Utd

napolimp

Yeah, just turn your brightness up before you scan it.

WestEndAgro

Definitely trouble in the Sky Blue stand, it was during the time of the Miner's strike, I thought we won 5-0

bigfatronssba

Funny really, the WM police are terrified of even the relatively small crowds below the prem. What are they going to do when the likes of United (who still have an away following full of lads or if not drinkers) turn up here if we get promoted

Well as was posted on here that Sunderland are having a 45k “sell out” in a 49k stadium, it demonstrates that it’s a problem only affecting lower divisions. As Sunderland’s record PL attendance was only about 300 below full capacity (so segregation must’ve been minuscule).

Meaning that Premier League money makes all the safety problems and concerns go away.

pusbccfc

Some very naive posts about trouble on here. There's far more trouble at many more grounds in this country.

I've not been to a ground in this country, or in Europe that has the restrictions we do. The fence is insane and the strategies by police/stewards are so poor. We're no angels but we are nowhere near as bad as others. Look at the Birmingham fans last week.

@Evo1883 you keep mentioning no other fans of other clubs jumping the segregation in games like Man United/Leeds. That's because it's physically impossible with a line of police. In the game against Derby, police and stewards stood back and watched it happen.

The same thing happened against Sunderland in 2018, the police let it all play out while they were happy to record it all.

When Leicester played in Europe a few years back, away fans breached segregation literally every game. There were constant incidents inside and outside the ground. They didn't decide to block thousands of seats for segregation, they used the police officers and stewards.

Equally, Real Betis fans breached segregation at Old Trafford a few months back. It was dealt with by police and stewards
real-betis-fans-clash-police-801686729.jpg

We've had an increase from 7/8000 crowds in League 2 to over 20,000 every week with some huge big day out followings. The idea that there will be no increases in poor behaviour is naive.

chiefdave

Not sure what other ticketing options there are, it probably does need to be outsourced but done properly.

To try and do it inhouse would probably cost a lot more. (Remember when it was on a server in Ryton on a virgin broadband line back in the day?? ha)
I worked with the Ticketmaster system and the backend the club would be using for years and I can pretty much guarantee the sort of problems we're seeing aren't down to Ticketmaster, they're down to what is being entered on the clubs side.

They've made this needlessly complicated and in the process managed to confuse themselves and enter things incorrectly.

pusbccfc

Funny really, the WM police are terrified of even the relatively small crowds below the prem. What are they going to do when the likes of United (who still have an away following full of lads or if not drinkers) turn up here if we get promoted

The difference in the Premier League is that fans dare not misbehave as they'll lose their ability to go to matches. It's near impossible to cause trouble in the top flight without having any punishment.

The big day out brigades that come to the CBS are a bigger issue. @Sky Blue Pete mentioned that this is something the club continue to be concerned about with the allocations.

Captain_Slackbladder

Enjoy the SCENES and LIMBS

This is a different year. Leeds ran on when Jonathan Gould fucked it up in the last minute, loads of them in fancy dress. It was weird seeing coppers (in fancy dress) being chaser by actual coppers. Most of the Coventry ran on from the West Terrace and then quickly ran off. It was harder to get on from the East Terrace (where I was as it was heavily policed and there was still a reasonably sized fence). The bad last day vs Leeds was a few years later in 1996 when we drew 0-0 and things turned nasty on the pitch with fans fighting and police horses etc

Sick Boy

This is a different year. Leeds ran on when Jonathan Gould fucked it up in the last minute, loads of them in fancy dress. It was weird seeing coppers (in fancy dress) being chaser by actual coppers. Most of the Coventry ran on from the West Terrace and then quickly ran off. It was harder to get on from the East Terrace (where I was as it was heavily policed and there was still a reasonably sized fence). The bad last day vs Leeds was a few years later in 1996 when we drew 0-0 and things turned nasty on the pitch with fans fighting and police horses etc
That’s the game I mentioned, it would have been 1993, wouldn’t it?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well as was posted on here that Sunderland are having a 45k “sell out” in a 49k stadium, it demonstrates that it’s a problem only affecting lower divisions. As Sunderland’s record PL attendance was only about 300 below full capacity (so segregation must’ve been minuscule).

Meaning that Premier League money makes all the safety problems and concerns go away.
Maybe the extra PL money allows for more stewarding and police to reduce the potential for issues. The PL aren't going to want to see trouble at games that would affect their TV revenue income, but at the same time not want there to be empty seat making the league look less popular.

Can't really be for revenue purposses because lower leagues are more reliant on ticket income as a percentage of turnover, so in that respect you'd expect less seats netted off in the lower leagues.

Brighton Sky Blue

Gladly corrected, this would be the game in question

chiefdave

Block 13 will not be sold - stadium safety team requires it remains unsold.
This has got to be a first. Has there ever been a game anywhere in the country where home fans have been segregated from other home fans. Its embarrassing.

A big part of the problem here is lack of communication. If restrictions are being put in place because there is more trouble at the CBS than elsewhere then why aren't we getting statements saying that? Put the reasons out there and be prepared to back them up because saying the CBS requires all these additional measures not seen elsewhere doesn't track with the published stats on arrests at grounds around the country.

Not to mention if we've got blocks of segregation and hundreds of police and stewards isn't there a question mark about how they are doing their job if opposing fans can wander over to each other and have a punch up?

Users who are viewing this thread