TICKETS (3 Viewers)

Grendel

I may be wrong but 13 is the bit above the exit into under the stands so quite separate in any case

isnt the most likely issue here the club haven’t got enough police to monitor the area?

shmmeee

It’s not the club

I don’t mean the club. I mean the stadium safety group. I seriously doubt the club is to blame for any of this. Apart maybe from fucking yo ticketmaster and not doing priority sale. But there’s no way they wouldn’t sell every ticket they’re allowed to.

bigfatronssba

So an update
I’ve asked Colin Henderson who chairs the supporters forum and is a member of sag to follow up the decisions with ccfc
Also the club has confirmed that the reason given for by the stadium safety team was to stop migration from singers corner into the south stand
And yes I have asked who makes up the stadium safety team.
I don’t think it’s many tickets (few hundreds) so the capacity crowd is likely to be slightly lower than the Birmingham game
Think this conversation will run and run

Pete if you get the chance please ask why they think a fence and 1500 city fans already in blocks 11 & 12 won’t stop migration into the south stand, but a picture of Jimmy Hill will?

bigfatronssba

Also, the lower part of block 13 is next to that large exit tunnel, so it would be impossible to get into the south stand from there anyway.
Even if we accept their ridiculous argument, there is no reason not to open the lower part of the block

bigfatronssba

I don’t mean the club. I mean the stadium safety group. I seriously doubt the club is to blame for any of this. Apart maybe from fucking yo ticketmaster and not doing priority sale. But there’s no way they wouldn’t sell every ticket they’re allowed to.

The club is to blame for the piss poor communication regarding this.

Fans have a right to know the reasons

David O'Day

Also, the lower part of block 13 is next to that large exit tunnel, so it would be impossible to get into the south stand from there anyway.
Even if we accept their ridiculous argument, there is no reason not to open the lower part of the block
this is a good point

Sky Blue Pete

Pete if you get the chance please ask why they think a fence and 1500 city fans already in blocks 11 & 12 won’t stop migration into the south stand, but a picture of Jimmy Hill will?
I’ve alluded to what I think is part of the answer. We’d probably need to see what the plan is on the day and how it works before saying told you so
It’s why Colin is part of the sag with his professional expertise and chair of the supporters forum.
Im sure he’s be interested in the discussion.

Garlana86

Was there many long term posters/fans on here who didnt get a ticket for Sunday? Imagine there was a quite a few?

Covkid1968#

The full 230 points for your new season ticket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m not certain how many… but it must be around that number. I’m almost 1200 now 🤷🏻 up from 900

Sky Blue Pete

The club is to blame for the piss poor communication regarding this.

Fans have a right to know the reasons
They’ve been busy but once the game is done a full evaluation should be shared will the club.
It’s a thankless task though but they have to see this as engaging the fan base and encouraging them to part with their money as seeing how open and logical and rational decisions are

I’ll add for balance that as humans we are never happy and always ask why and why and why

This decision (bar grendels challenge about police) has been made by the stadium safety team

And still it’s the club for some

David O'Day

i'd be interested to see if the club/safety team know about the fence between 12 and 13 as they didn't know about the roller stutters in the south stand

Last edited:

djr8369

This has got to be a first. Has there ever been a game anywhere in the country where home fans have been segregated from other home fans. Its embarrassing.

A big part of the problem here is lack of communication. If restrictions are being put in place because there is more trouble at the CBS than elsewhere then why aren't we getting statements saying that? Put the reasons out there and be prepared to back them up because saying the CBS requires all these additional measures not seen elsewhere doesn't track with the published stats on arrests at grounds around the country.

Not to mention if we've got blocks of segregation and hundreds of police and stewards isn't there a question mark about how they are doing their job if opposing fans can wander over to each other and have a punch up?
When it’s an isolated incident don’t the police just let it play out and arrest after?

pusbccfc

i'd be interested to see if the club/safety team know about the fence between 12 and 13 as the didn't know about the roller stutters in the south stand

This

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
This is a different year. Leeds ran on when Jonathan Gould fucked it up in the last minute, loads of them in fancy dress. It was weird seeing coppers (in fancy dress) being chaser by actual coppers. Most of the Coventry ran on from the West Terrace and then quickly ran off. It was harder to get on from the East Terrace (where I was as it was heavily policed and there was still a reasonably sized fence). The bad last day vs Leeds was a few years later in 1996 when we drew 0-0 and things turned nasty on the pitch with fans fighting and police horses etc
Just to add my tuppence to these games...

I was in the Kop for its last day at the 3-3 and remember the West Terrace running on and then running off a bit sharpish when the Leeds fans charged them.

For the dreadful 0-0, it kicked off in the Mercers/Sky Blue Tavern before the game, which didn't bode well. I was on the pitch after the game and it was chaos. Got hit from behind by some Leeds fan and figured it was wise to leave, headed over to the corner between the WT and main stand and helped open that big yellow gate for the mounted police to come on.

Anywho, bring on Sunday!

mmttww

So an update
I’ve asked Colin Henderson who chairs the supporters forum and is a member of sag to follow up the decisions with ccfc
Also the club has confirmed that the reason given for by the stadium safety team was to stop migration from singers corner into the south stand
And yes I have asked who makes up the stadium safety team.
I don’t think it’s many tickets (few hundreds) so the capacity crowd is likely to be slightly lower than the Birmingham game
Think this conversation will run and run
You must want to smash your head on the wall with answers like that. If they sell block 13, people can't move through a block that's full. Madness.

Sky Blue Pete

i'd be interested to see if the club/safety team know about the fence between 12 and 13 as they didn't know about the roller stutters in the south stand
Think they knew but were trying to pull the wool over the forum and Doug’s eyes. We all make mistakes. Not good enough though and had I been more knowledgable I would have challenged it immediately as I have done since and with blocks opening up for this game that have been used by away supporters they know they got it wrong

GaryPendrysEyes

Pete, could you ask:
Excluding idiots running on the pitch (which is a different thing) how many Cov fans have been given bans for threatening or violent behaviour within the CBS, Ricoh?? Year by year for the last 10 seasons, where relevant.
ta

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, could you ask:
Excluding idiots running on the pitch (which is a different thing) how many Cov fans have been given bans for threatening or violent behaviour within the CBS, Ricoh?? Year by year for the last 10 seasons, where relevant.
ta
Really?? could you not make an foi to the police service?

Users who are viewing this thread