Tom Bayliss (3 Viewers)

stupot07

I don’t get this with some city fans saying that now we have Bayliss we can sell outlet other youngsters.

Stevenson has a bright future ahead of him-as have the DKE twins.

We should aim to keep our young players and reap the rewards of playing youngsters who have an affinity with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, and kids develop at different rates. Stevenson will come good, as I'm sure some of the others will too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

Yep, and kids develop at different rates. Stevenson will come good, as I'm sure some of the others will too.

Yeah, but do disagree on Devon Kelly-Evans. I still maintain that Dion is the better of the two.

He's more tenacious and has a better touch.

stupot07

Yeah, but do disagree on Devon Kelly-Evans. I still maintain that Dion is the better of the two.

He's more tenacious and has a better touch.
They play in different positions so have different attributes. Dion will be more tenacious as he's a defender, Devon is an attacking midfielder, so will have better vision for example. For what it's worth, I don't think we've seen the best of Devon, and I don't think we will whilst hes playing on the wing. He's not a winger for me, and would be better in a central midfield 3, or on the hole a bit like Oztumer who is of a similar statue for Walsall.

Otis

They play in different positions so have different attributes. Dion will be more tenacious as he's a defender, Devon is an attacking midfielder, so will have better vision for example. For what it's worth, I don't think we've seen the best of Devon, and I don't think we will whilst hes playing on the wing. He's not a winger for me, and would be better in a central midfield 3, or on the hole a bit like Oztumer who is of a similar statue for Walsall.

Might well be right, stu. Don't like him on the wing, but I don't think there is anything stopping him being tenacious.

Doyle is tenacious and he isn't a defender.

Would certainly like to see more fight and battle from Devon.

Nick

Administrator

I think Dion and Devon are more similar than you think, they even look the same!

gspotgaz

Devon just looks like a carbon copy of his brother but expected to be creative as a winger which he just isn’t talented enough to do.

For me, Devon doesn’t look like he will really make it at a professional level but robins hands are tied atm

Nick

Administrator
Devon just looks like a carbon copy of his brother

Thats what I said!

giphy.gif

Otis

I think Dion and Devon are more similar than you think, they even look the same!
I can tell the difference. Not visually, but in their play. Dion has a better first touch on him. He is stronger too.

I do think you would notice the difference with Devon playing right back and not so much with Dion playing right midfield.

singers_pore

I don’t think Devon is good enough for L2 certainly not at the moment. In contrast I think Bayliss is a major talent perhaps even more so than Maddison.

Hobo

I don’t get this with some city fans saying that now we have Bayliss we can sell outlet other youngsters.

Stevenson has a bright future ahead of him-as have the DKE twins.

We should aim to keep our young players and reap the rewards of playing youngsters who have an affinity with the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree. We have a duty of care to try and develop every player at the club, whether that is football on the field or educationally off it.

Sometimes when you let players go it is about the right opportunity for them to develop. A good club has a reputation for nurturing.

Our fans are too much: Keep or Sack off.

Just glad most of them aren't our manager

Fantastic how many of our players involved this season are home grown. Yes they have obvious weaknesses. Yes we are not prolific goal scorers. But a tight defence and we are third on 2/1/2018. Great building blocks, support the efforts being put in. Yes it has been achieved on a tight budget, all budgets are tight in League 2.

Grendel

Baylis is the best young player I have seen for ages at this club.
A nightmare to defend against because he drives forward with power and intent.
Two footed and intelligent.
Won’t be here for long, that’s inevitable.

Nice to know unlike the likes of Dart you are watching the team again and actually being a fan

Warwickhunt

[QUShakur pot07, post: 1452842, member: 2007"]They play in different positions so have different attributes. Dion will be more tenacious as he's a defender, Devon is an attacking midfielder, so will have better vision for example. For what it's worth, I don't think we've seen the best of Devon, and I don't think we will whilst hes playing on the wing. He's not a winger for me, and would be better in a central midfield 3, or on the hole a bit like Oztumer who is of a similar statue for Walsall.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Or Shaquiri at Stoke! They need to muscle up a bit

Londonccfcfan

Bayliss is a huge goal threat compared to Kelly, Doyle, Stevenson , who all barely venture into opposition penalty area.

He could or should have scored in all the games hes played in apart from Port Vale.

This lad will score alot of goals. His first first instinct is to attack and run at the opposition defence. His driving runs forward are excellent. No fear.

Havnt seen that from one of CENTRAL midfielders in years.

Just cant help but but get very excited about this lad.

Afraid Kelly will have to bide his time.

Otis

Or you could have Tom Bayliss in a three in midfield with Doyle and Kelly .
That would allow Tom Bayliss to play behind the front two , leaving him free to attack the penalty box witch would lead to alot more penalties and free kicks around the penalty box .
Not sure we can do that. Not him behind a front two. What would then give us the width of two wide players?

We would probably have to go back to wing backs to accommodate that scenario.

With Doyle, Kelly AND Bayliss and then TWO strikers we would definitely have to steer away from 4-4-2. It would then have to be almost like a 4-3-3 with the fullbacks pushing up to add some width, or 3-5-2.

I do think if we got another wide player in (might already have that with Barrett), it would work fine as it is, Doyle/Bayliss, or either then down the line, Kelly/Bayliss.

My worry is though that we will go back to the Doyle/Kelly combination and then lose that creativity from midfield.

BackRoomRummermill

Bayliss is a huge goal threat compared to Kelly, Doyle, Stevenson , who all barely venture into opposition penalty area.

He could or should have scored in all the games hes played in apart from Port Vale.

This lad will score alot of goals. His first first instinct is to attack and run at the opposition defence. His driving runs forward are excellent. No fear.

Havnt seen that from one of CENTRAL midfielders in years.

Just cant help but but get very excited about this lad.

Afraid Kelly will have to bide his time.

If he gets the pppurtunity for taking free kicks and set plays more it will bring him on , as for the other lads I am quietly confident for them, the only concern is when we get promoted will there be a place for them . I do like DKE but it’s one of those players that can look fantastic and playing like a prem player then sometimes he is all over the place chasing the game. I am quite happy with the up and coming contingent and if they develop together and stay together on this team it could be good news in the long run for CCFC , they are still pups in my eyes

Otis

If he gets the pppurtunity for taking free kicks and set plays more it will bring him on , as for the other lads I am quietly confident for them, the only concern is when we get promoted will there be a place for them . I do like DKE but it’s one of those players that can look fantastic and playing like a prem player then sometimes he is all over the place chasing the game. I am quite happy with the up and coming contingent and if they develop together and stay together on this team it could be good news in the long run for CCFC , they are still pups in my eyes
That Burroughs looks really promising too and again in the Bayliss mould.

BackRoomRummermill

That Burroughs looks really promising too and again in the Bayliss mould.

Yep , we have some good promising lads , just hope they are not thrown in too early and overplayed unless they are ready , it ruins a player. This is why Ponti is held back for sure.

BackRoomRummermill

Yes but not wing backs , we don't have any fullbacks who can play as wing backs !
Just let the fullbacks overlap when we have the ball but they're there to defend first and only attack when teams are sitting deep with 10 men behind the ball ! of course you don't have the two fullbacks attacking at the same time so we're not too open at the back .

Yep agree but Cov seem to be playing deep a lot , I see no harm in pushing fullbacks up as long as it all is covered and not let teams in behind , just up the work rate.

KersleyDigs

Bayliss looks to be the prospect I thought Conor Thomas was going to be.

CT was often likened to Steven Gerrard, but in reality he offered very little in attack and lacked the technical ability.

It is good to see an 18 year old centre mid that drives forward, is strong and combative. Get him out practicing his shooting from distance and he could be some player in 3-4 years

SlowerThanPlatt

Another Leicester born player as well.

Pretty decent list over the years. Kirkland, Clarke-Harris, Che Adams (released at 14), George Thomas, Stevenson and now Bayliss

wingy

Or you could have Tom Bayliss in a three in midfield with Doyle and Kelly .
That would allow Tom Bayliss to play behind the front two , leaving him free to attack the penalty box witch would lead to alot more penalties and free kicks around the penalty box .
Diamond?
Tin hat on!

SlowerThanPlatt

Here’s his goal against Blues’ U23s last season. Plays exactly the same, little trick to get past his man and then driving with the ball. He’s hard to stop, not that fast but keeps the ball close to his feet:

Hobo

Who were the coaches telling robins Bayliss wasn’t ready for the first team

They need to go

And nothing like a managers subtle comments in the press to keep a young players feet on the ground.

Londonccfcfan

I do wonder why we signed maycock up first when bayliss is out of contract...not that I'm criticising maycock I've never seen him play
Maycock has been in and around first team a month or two before Bayliss has.
Maycock seen a few times, came on for Liam Kelly vs Stevenage. Was awfull. Ran around like a headless chicken without even touching the ball. Not really stood out apart from looking out of his depth. But obviously must have something about him if his contract was extended.

Slightly unfair to judge him on that 45 minutes.

Bayliss should get a four year contract in next few weeks.

Otis

Maycock has been in and around first team a month or two before Bayliss has.
Maycock seen a few times, came on for Liam Kelly vs Stevenage. Was awfull. Ran around like a headless chicken without even touching the ball. Not really stood out apart from looking out of his depth. But obviously must have something about him if his contract was extended.

Slightly unfair to judge him on that 45 minutes.

Bayliss should get a four year contract in next few weeks.
Seen a bit of Maycock and would say Bayliss looks much the better player, although their styles are different.

No doubt teams will have had their ears pricked about Bayliss. Would be gutting to have Maycock all signed up but not Bayliss and then have us lose him. Bayliss has been earmarked as a star of the future for some time now.

Users who are viewing this thread