Tonight’s games (1 Viewer)

kapowaz

Well I'm popping my cork based solely on a playoff place.

Imagine how depressing it’d be to not get promotion from the playoffs and have to face this league again next season? What then…?

Otis

Imagine how depressing it’d be to not get promotion from the playoffs and have to face this league again next season? What then…?
Then I go to the GP and say my poppers are no longer able to pop anymore and ask if he's got any blue pills.

steve82

Simple as a manager you evaluate your squad and season, add to the squad and go again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

Wouldn't be the end of the world.. Think we will be just as strong next year and maybe MR a little more streetwise about his squad/this division. I would expect a definite top 7 next season if we don't go up this year - even allowing for departures.

Sky Blue Harry H

Saddo that I am, I've trawled through the Wycombe news trying to find out more about Akinfenwa's injury. Fans on their forum seem to want their club to keep quiet so as to keep the opposition guessing as to how to set up against them. From a personal point of view, I hope his season is over, then we get them in the play offs and beat Notts County at Wembley !!

Otis

Wouldn't be the end of the world.. Think we will be just as strong next year and maybe MR a little more streetwise about his squad/this division. I would expect a definite top 7 next season if we don't go up this year - even allowing for departures.
I would be looking for top 3 next season.

Failure to make it through the playoffs this year will just prove how tough it is and of course we could fail again next year too.

Honesty believe we should have been top 3 this season and that's exactly where we would need to set the bar next campaign as well.

Liquid Gold

Failure to make it through the playoffs this year will just prove how tough it is and of course we could fail again next year too.

Honesty believe we should have been top 3 this season and that's exactly where we would need to set the bar next campaign as well.
Keep the majority of this team together with a new keeper, left back and winger with Jones and Andreu to return and I'd be confident of top 3 next year.

Also the teams relegated from league 1 tend to struggle. I'd only expect MK Dons to challenge next season. Mansfield were rumoured to have blown their lot on this season too so a them and a couple more challengers would fall away.

Last edited:

smileycov

Facebook User
The only good thing about this Otis, is we would have Jones and Andreu back so should be unstoppable...but we are Cov and don't do unstoppable!! going up this year is vital I think. For the sake of us fans and this club.

Otis

You have to accept that Luton and Accrington are better teams than us. I don't think there can be any argument against, but are any other teams truly better than us in this division besides those two?

I know the league table shows exactly where we are, but we all have to admit we have cocked up along the way. Fine line between success and failure, but we should never, ever have lost to Forest Green and Newport at home and then there was the Yeovil debacle too.

We definitely should have been pushing for top 3 this year.

Otis

Saddo that I am, I've trawled through the Wycombe news trying to find out more about Akinfenwa's injury. Fans on their forum seem to want their club to keep quiet so as to keep the opposition guessing as to how to set up against them. From a personal point of view, I hope his season is over, then we get them in the play offs and beat Notts County at Wembley !!
Was watching some of SSN last night and they said on there that the minute Akinfenwa went off injured Wycombe looked lost.

Hopefully they can stay lost for the rest of the season.

Paxman II

Oh it's top 3 next season for sure. Jones will light up this league. Keep most of what we have, cut loose Bevan, and I think even Doyle may not have the enthusiasm and legs next year, add a couple here and there and we will win the league. Jones has been a tremendous absentee yet we coped and until a month ago realistically had a chance of auto's.

Irish Sky Blue

You have to accept that Luton and Accrington are better teams than us. I don't think there can be any argument against, but are any other teams truly better than us in this division besides those two?

I know the league table shows exactly where we are, but we all have to admit we have cocked up along the way. Fine line between success and failure, but we should never, ever have lost to Forest Green and Newport at home and then there was the Yeovil debacle too.

We definitely should have been pushing for top 3 this year.
Having watched the two games against Luton, I thought we were the better team in both games. We should have beaten them at the Ricoh. You can say the league table doesn’t lie and to an extent I would agree. However, I feel a mixture of bad luck (injuries to key players, Jones, Andreu, Kelly, Willis, McNulty and Davis) and the inability to beat teams we are obviously better than (Forest Green x2 Yeovil x 2 Colchester x2 Barnet, Chesterfield and Port Vale. You could argue a better team (Luton?) would and did see off these sides. Certainly not blaming Robins but I think we could have achieved second or third place this year. No argument about Accrington however.

kapowaz

One thing I’ve noticed with other teams in the past (I seem to recall Wigan doing this several times in the past) is having an automatic promotion season seems to put a lot more momentum into their following season, and they do much better for it. I have to wonder whether if we fail to make it up this year we’ll be better long-term. If we manage to get a bit more money in the bank from Maddison and Wilson being sold in the summer, don’t lose any key players ourselves (or adequately replace them), then maybe we could be targeting automatic promotion next year, but with the added advantage of all that momentum once we’re in League One (which will be much harder than what we’ve experienced in League Two).

Sky Blue Harry H

Agree - that's why I stated definite top 7. Top 3 should be definite aim. Missing top 7 would be an abject failure, having had a 'look' this season - no excuses, as he can also see where we are currently lacking. If we lose Bayliss and Doyle's legs potentially give out, he is going to have to reinvent our central midfield (whichever league we are in)

Users who are viewing this thread