Transfer Shouts (9 Viewers)

Legia Sky Blue

The National League is brutal. 2 teams head and shoulders above everyone else yet only 1 automatic place. Pleased for Notts County. They are at least a L2 club if not higher. The L2 playoff antics seems a long time ago now. They have also taken a chance on Jody Jones which looks to be paying off for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect if Notts & Wrexham were in League 2 they would be leading that league also. The current Notts team re certainly a better footballing team than the one Nolan had when we met them in the play offs. Langstaff is absolutly on fire.

TomRad85

The National League is brutal. 2 teams head and shoulders above everyone else yet only 1 automatic place. Pleased for Notts County. They are at least a L2 club if not higher. The L2 playoff antics seems a long time ago now. They have also taken a chance on Jody Jones which looks to be paying off for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The one thing I admire about English football is the support lower down the pyramid. Most countries can barely justify a third professional league whereas I'd argue we should be looking at making the National League a 'League 3'.
Still hope Wrexham fuck it mind you.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

TomRad85

Langstaff a machine, and that Notts team are so good. Watched them at York earlier in the season. Ruben Rodrigues unbelievable at that level. Championship probably too much of a step up but would like to see him have a go.
Langstaff and Rodrigues both very good. As you say Championship possibly a step too far but both better shouts than Mullin who people can't stop mentioning because he scores a pen every week.

long way home

J Rudoni, C Patino and J Yates are names that could be looking to play in the championship next season if Blackpool or Huddersfield go down.

And id go for the 3 at Forest O'Brien, Bowler and toffolo.

Terry Gibson's perm

J Rudoni, C Patino and J Yates are names that could be looking to play in the championship next season if Blackpool or Huddersfield go down.

If we got the three from Forest it would turn us into real challengers.

Yorkshire SB

Langstaff and Rodrigues both very good. As you say Championship possibly a step too far but both better shouts than Mullin who people can't stop mentioning because he scores a pen every week.

Definitely. Always remember that lad at Dover, Ricky Miller, who bagged 40 goals in the conference. Big reputation and Peterborough signed him. Didn’t register once for them

cstring82

Defo liked the look of Rudoni
Patino is only on loan from Arsenal, so no issue if Blackpool go down.
Yates would be a good alternative forward to have in the squad

Happy_Martian

As @bawtryneal photo'd Vik at Rotherham vs Sunderland, probably to meet up with his Swedish counterpart Vik Johansson (RUFC keeper), I'd be hoping for Vik to tell his mate what a good club Coventry is. Johansson is a good all round keeper and if Rotherham went down, I can't see them keeping an international player on his likely wages. Wilson is having the time of his life currently but Johansson is definitely a step up in class.

ccfc1234

As @bawtryneal photo'd Vik at Rotherham vs Sunderland, probably to meet up with his Swedish counterpart Vik Johansson (RUFC keeper), I'd be hoping for Vik to tell his mate what a good club Coventry is. Johansson is a good all round keeper and if Rotherham went down, I can't see them keeping an international player on his likely wages. Wilson is having the time of his life currently but Johansson is definitely a step up in class.
See he signed a new contract quite recently. Would push his value up a bit, what sort of money do you think we would need to buy.

Happy_Martian

See he signed a new contract quite recently. Would push his value up a bit, what sort of money do you think we would need to buy.

Currently valued at 1m Euros on Transfermarkt so not that expensive for a decent keeper.

robbiekeane

Currently valued at 1m Euros on Transfermarkt so not that expensive for a decent keeper.

Yeh and if they don’t accept it we can just show them that link

Last edited:

slowpoke

I think Ben Wilson has become underrated by a lot of our fans it wouldn’t surprise me he retains the number one slot, through this season he has become a calm steady capable keeper, yes he’s had his moments early on but has at the moment the most clean sheets and a lot of games with just one conceded I do think Robins will let Simon Moore go though and that will mean recruiting one unless he thinks one of the current reserves can step up. I know there’s one quite highly rated but he’s only about 18.

The Philosopher

The one thing I admire about English football is the support lower down the pyramid. Most countries can barely justify a third professional league whereas I'd argue we should be looking at making the National League a 'League 3'.
Still hope Wrexham fuck it mind you.

I want Wrexham to be in L2 then L1 so in a year or so our loss doesn’t look so humiliating.

The Philosopher

I think Ben Wilson has become underrated by a lot of our fans it wouldn’t surprise me he retains the number one slot, through this season he has become a calm steady capable keeper, yes he’s had his moments early on but has at the moment the most clean sheets and a lot of games with just one conceded I do think Robins will let Simon Moore go though and that will mean recruiting one unless he thinks one of the current reserves can step up. I know there’s one quite highly rated but he’s only about 18.
Didn’t I see a stat about Cov having the most successful defensive tackles per game or something? That will improve our GK figures.

The amount of break up play that Gus does is phenomenal, Sheaf wasn’t too shabby either.

The Philosopher

So Ben Wilson keeping clean sheets in over 50% of his matches this season is nothing to do with Ben Wilson? Baffling
Of course it does. The fact that our CDM’s have stopped a number of shots from being fired at him and close down so well does absolutely help though.

Frostie

Could the same be said of Pope, Allison, De Ger, Ederson, Ramsdale where does it end ?
Well, you just look at the amount of shots & the quality of shots they face rather than just clean sheets. Or do we believe that Reice Charles-Cook is our best ever goalkeeper?

Users who are viewing this thread