Transfer targets (10 Viewers)

EalingSB

A year spent getting paid for doing no work, it shows.

This is harsh. He might not have been able to do his actual job but he was likely working harder than he had before. It’s a shit injury and he’s spoken about the mental toll it took watching his team-mates while he was recovering in the gym.

No one on here knows what he’s thinking as far as I know but I’m sure almost all of us want the best for him. If he can recreate what he did before with us then all the better.

Last edited:

Deity

He owes us nothing and has been great value. He has always worked hard and contributed a lot. He's entitled to leave at the end if his contract. Let's face it there is little loyalty either way in football. If the injury had been career ending we wouldn't have given him another contract.
If it had been career ending his insurance would have paid out.

In any other walk of life if a company stands by an employee when they are unable to do their job for a year then it would be reasonable to expect that employee to show some gratitude and loyalty back.

Thus he owes nothing bollocks is technically right but misses the point that he has a moral obligation to do the right thing, even if that thing is simply to sign a 12 month extension.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is harsh. He might not have been able to do his actual job but he was definitely working harder than he probably had before. It’s a shit injury and he’s spoken about the mental toll it took watching his team-mates while he was recovering in the gym.

No one on here knows what he’s thinking as far as I know but I’m sure almost all of us want the best for him. If he can recreate what he did before with us then all the better.
Harshly worded but technically true. Not many other jobs keep you on full pay for that length of time when you’re unfit for work.

Terry_dactyl

In any other walk of life if a company stands by an employee when they are unable to do their job for a year then it would be reasonable to expect that employee to show some gratitude and loyalty back.

Thus he owes nothing bollocks is technically right but misses the point that he has a moral obligation to do the right thing, even if that thing is simply to sign a 12 month extension.
I suspect those working in football take a different view of Ohare’s situation than some fans. I suspect they’re more philosophical about it.
I want O’hare to stay and think he can come good again but this bollocks about loyalty is exactly that.
The club’s loyalty to him was because he has a contract with us.

hinckley cov

I suspect those working in football take a different view of Ohare’s situation than some fans. I suspect they’re more philosophical about it.
I want O’hare to stay and think he can come good again but this bollocks about loyalty is exactly that.
The club’s loyalty to him was because he has a contract with us.
I think Robins is being careful with O'Hare as he’s still not match fit , it’s no good rushing him and him getting injured again , I think he will be on the bench till the new year.

BlueSkiesForever

Thinks he’s a lot better than he is? Based on what?
It’s not based on anything, that’s why I said “I get the feeling”. I don’t know what it is but something just tells me he expects to playing in the premier league when realistically he’s not that level. Nothing against the guy, he’s been brilliant for us, but I just don’t think he looks anywhere near his old self, hopefully with some more game time he’ll show his quality again.

Skyblue Bangkok

Not heard anything on this O'Hare loan

Have been told though that if he hasn't signed 9n the dotted line come first week of Jan, Doug will be saying he can go for anything around the 2 million mark.

Suppose thats better than fuck all we will get in Jan

Latest i have is hes not going to sign. Hes seen how much money his mate Gustavo gets for eating kebabs and getting pissed while playing for a bag of shit club and he wants a piece
Portuguese don't tend to eat Kebabs and FC Sporting are a big club that produces and sells a lot of players at huge profits . O'Hare is no.where neat that level.

Hertsccfc

It’s not based on anything, that’s why I said “I get the feeling”. I don’t know what it is but something just tells me he expects to playing in the premier league when realistically he’s not that level. Nothing against the guy, he’s been brilliant for us, but I just don’t think he looks anywhere near his old self, hopefully with some more game time he’ll show his quality again.
I find it amazing how fans feel entitled to expect players to show total loyalty to the club when it is not reciprocated. They know that clubs will dispense with them as soon as they are no use to them and that supporters make baseless comments about them just on a 'feeling'. And then you get the ridiculous abuse that some players get from fans including on here.

Also some fans are expecting far too much too soon from O'Hare. Only time will tell whether he will get back to previous levels and it is very early days after almost a year and a half out of the game.

SlowerThanPlatt

Cesare Casadei might be available from Chelsea, Leicester fans aren’t impressed with him, perhaps at a club with too much expectation at this stage.

He cost €15m so hope he has something!

fernandopartridge

I think it’s more that he’s been off for so long, not really contributed much last season, had top quality coaching and rehab from us and then to leave without giving anything back just seems a bit poor tbh. At least we got serious cash for Hamer and Gyokeres and they contributed massively to us getting in the play-offs. I also get the feeling with Callum that he thinks he’s a lot better than he is, don’t get me wrong he’s been great for us in the past but it would be a poor showing if he left as a free, giving us nothing in return.

What does he owe us in return? If you were injured at work do you feel somehow obliged to your employer?

slowpoke

Yeah I suppose so, it does work both ways but I just find it a bit annoying he’s willing to leave for free when he knows he’s currently loved at the club and he knows how much time and effort has gone into getting his career back on track. Doubt we’d get much for him anyway though as he so far doesn’t look like the Callum of old and with a serious injury it’s bound to put a lot of potential buyers off.
Where has it been said he is willing to leave ?

long way home

COH owes us nothing other than when called upon to play, he gives his all. He doesn't strike me as someone that will do anything other don't than that. He has said his fitness is the priority and if gained he will look at his options then. From what i was told he knows the deal on the table from us and isn't going to sign that deal.

Can it change? Definitely if he gets injured, if he has better options or no other credible options turn up. Time will tell us all, but come Jan if no clear path has been found the club will have to act and im sure they will. Until then i hope he gets up to speed quickly and plays a part in us putting a good run together to push us up the table.

Last edited:

Deity

COH owes us nothing other than when called upon to play, he gives his all. He doesn't strike me as someone that will do anything other don't than that. He has said his fitness is the priority and if gained he will look at his options then. From what i was told he knows the deal on the table from us and isn't going to sign that deal.

Can it change? Definitely if he gets injured, if he has better options or no other credible options turn up. Time will tell us all, but come Jan if no clear path has been found the club will have to act and im sure they will. Until then i hope he gets up to speed quickly and plays a part in us putting a good run together to push us up the table.
No one believes the fitness line though do they it’s simply an agreed line with his agent to deflect questions he doesn’t want to answer.

skybluecam

If you’re injured on the job I would expect the company to stand by you.

Brighton Sky Blue

Why do people keep pretending to be ITK by repeating what’s already been rumoured on here?

ATB81

Alfie May is at Charlton currently. Would love him at city. Problem is quite a lot of clubs will be looking at him now

Hertsccfc

Why are some writing COH off after 5 sub appearances…when he’s been out for a year? 😂

Give him time ffs.
It's essentially more like a year and a half. If he was fully fit and playing at the level he was pre injuries he would be one of the first names on the teamsheat.

Alkhen

I'd love O'Hare to sign a new deal, definitely one of my favourite players over the last decade.

That said for me any offer would depend on terms... I have a feeling what we would want to put on the table would not match another team willing to take more of a risk on his fitness.

That's not to put either side down, it's a big move for him and also the club have got to get the next couple of windows right to kick on.

BlueSkiesForever

What does he owe us in return? If you were injured at work do you feel somehow obliged to your employer?
He doesn’t technically owe us anything but I’d just be nice if he showed some loyalty to the club and to the fans that chant his name every week by signing a year’s extension so we could either use his talent for another season or at the very least get some money from his sale, especially after all the time and money that has gone into his rehab.

BlueSkiesForever

I find it amazing how fans feel entitled to expect players to show total loyalty to the club when it is not reciprocated. They know that clubs will dispense with them as soon as they are no use to them and that supporters make baseless comments about them just on a 'feeling'. And then you get the ridiculous abuse that some players get from fans including on here.

Also some fans are expecting far too much too soon from O'Hare. Only time will tell whether he will get back to previous levels and it is very early days after almost a year and a half out of the game.

Alright let’s just expect O’Hare to leave on a free then, as if it’s completely fine that whilst we big his name up every single week, chant it with pride, give money towards the club so he can have the best rehab money can buy yet we should be alright with him jumping to a relegated Burnley or some other shit team for free. I don’t expect 100% loyalty like some benign dictator but it’d be nice if O’Hare signed for another year, allow the fans to see him play with his former glory or allow the club to recoup some of the money they’ve spent on him. It’s also not like it’s all one-way traffic, like we’ve just used him, he’s being paid a wage some of us can only dream of and we pay for that by giving up our money to watch him play, it’s part of the game I get it but I just personally think it’d be good of him to give a little something back, just my personal view.

As for “feelings”, it’s a game based on feelings, yes there’s rules and standards but without people’s feelings there wouldn’t be football as a sport, let alone this forum. My personal feeling, from whatever weird notions I’ve picked up from seeing him and listening to him, is that O’Hare thinks he’s better than he is. I don’t dislike him for it, in fact I think it’s sometimes good in a player, I wish Haji had a bit more of that tbf, but that’s just my feeling. It’s nothing big, just a minor comment that’s all.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Didn’t he get injured last Boxing Day?

Hutch11

A bit shocked at how quickly O'Hare goes from hero to zero so soon after coming back from a serious injury!
Eccles was a target fior the boo boys but they've gone quiet all of a sudden
They switched to Haji but a ratio of a goal every other game sort of hampers their dislike
Looks like it now CoH , we just have to have at least 1 player to be down on

It's the Coventry way

Users who are viewing this thread