Transfer targets (15 Viewers)

TomRad85

With few loans we’ve now got to the happy place where we are strengthening and adding depth rather than looking for big gap fillers. Central midfield would be an obvious place to add to what we have. I don’t think we need to necessarily do anything else. Just pick up opportunities if they present themselves. The scouting team obviously have good eyes for detail.
In an ideal world I'd buy a CM and a young CF and loan in a wide forward/winger for either side. If we get 2 of those in I'll be content enough however.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

SBbucks

Not adding anything to the squad are they really

They are contributing to the squad and available if needed. There’s maybe a case for Moore going out, depending on the level of confidence in the young keepers as backup to Collins & Wilson. Kelly is important backup to Sheaf & Eccles (have you seen the yellow card situation for the midfield?). Godden is being used in most games at the moment, why on earth would you let him go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccfcisparks

They are contributing to the squad and available if needed. There’s maybe a case for Moore going out, depending on the level of confidence in the young keepers as backup to Collins & Wilson. Kelly is important backup to Sheaf & Eccles (have you seen the yellow card situation for the midfield?). Godden is being used in most games at the moment, why on earth would you let him go?

You really think there’s even a consideration for keeping Moore? Crazy

SBbucks

Most teams run with 2 keepers and then young understudies. Are you a hoarder by any chance?

As I said, it depends on their level of confidence in the young keepers before they let Moore go out. Quite possible they are happy, also possible they’re not.

Alkhen

I don't want much... 😄

1st priority I'd chuck money at O'Hare. So good at this level. Think him bulking up upper body whilst out has helped him. Strong on the ball now.

Next obvious hole is a dynamic CM, would have to hope our scouting network can find a gem as close to Hamer as possible. I'd probably try and get in a starter quality one and if possible someone cheap but with potential to come in as understudy as we really lack that role throughout our squad and youth setup.

Then a loan winger as long as there aren't clauses which force to play them. Would have to be happy as backup

I don't want a striker really, feels like we have cover and I fully believe Simms will be great. But If we have funds left of look at players like Al Hamadi in league 2

skyblu3sk

Main two for me would be improving on Eccles and Sheaf. I think they are both decent championship players but we need better than decent to progress. I think from a wing and front line perspective we have enough until summer.

Hobo

Difficult window January. If we have someone tee'd up fair enough, but I wouldn't go scrabbling after anyone. We are looking okay. We probably need 3 upgrades but when it is right not necessarily in a January bidding war.

Chris1987

Ok, you’re losing the argument so you want to move the goalposts. We were discussing late activity in the transfer window which you’ve not been able to back up, so now you’re talking about who started which games?

And sorry my last comment was too difficult for you; if I reverse it and say “most clubs did more business than us in the last month” does that make it any easier for you to understand? We did very little incoming business after the season started.

So providing a list of 4 players is "losing the argument"? If you're using that as a yardstick then obviously you're correct . Well done . What a genius you are

Manchester_sky_blue

I’d really be looking to shift on Godden, Kelly, Moore this window.
Moore we could manage without but I wouldn't want to lose Godden or Kelly unless we were getting ready made, experienced replacements in. Much more likely they will go in the summer I reckon. In Kelly's case possibly from playing to coaching.

Grendel

We aren’t going to get constant play off opportunities

We must have money to get a dynamic midfielder and a forward - even if the latter is a higher quality Prem loan than we got last season

It won’t happen but i genuinely would like a Left back / LWB and move Dasilva on. Bidwell can’t keep the energy levels he commits to in games over a whole season - he tired last season towards the end - Dasilva I genuinely think looks a poor signing

AFCCOVENTRY

This window.

We need to try and get a number 9 in to phase Godden out. I would keep him however till the end of the season as an option for depth and move Tavares out on loan.

Also, that marquee central midfielder needs to come in if available at the right price, otherwise that might not happen till summer. If that’s the case we should be able to get some experience from the Premiership on loan.

A versatile winger wouldn’t go amiss either for cover.

robbiethemole

So, who you bringing in and where do you play him??? we have a strong team ethic and spirit right now, are we going to disrupt that at a crucial time???

SBbucks

So providing a list of 4 players is "losing the argument"? If you're using that as a yardstick then obviously you're correct . Well done . What a genius you are

Your list of 4 is of players who didn’t start the first match, which is completely irrelevant to the point you originally made (i.e. you said that we made our signings late). You do know that only 11 players can start each game?

The facts are that 9 of our 11 new signings were here before the season started and 2 weren’t.

But yes, keep flogging the dead horse that our business was done late.

shmmeee

CM signing is key, I’d be waiting until the right player comes along. Even if we make do with a couple of loan forwards I think we’ll do OK between Sheaf Eccles Lats Allen and Kelly. Ability to switch it up up front has been a real limit for me. The second string front three is nowhere near as good as the first.

Sky Blue Pete

CM signing is key, I’d be waiting until the right player comes along. Even if we make do with a couple of loan forwards I think we’ll do OK between Sheaf Eccles Lats Allen and Kelly. Ability to switch it up up front has been a real limit for me. The second string front three is nowhere near as good as the first.
Thought Lati was excellent again seeing out the game

NorthernWisdom

Do we have a second string front three?

Users who are viewing this thread