Trust email (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I was referring more to the last few months. If you haven't used it at least 10 times then I will apologise for using you as an example.

On the subject of the hashtag, never seen you say this before when people have used it. I'm sure Stupot used it a couple of weeks ago (if I'm wrong I hold my hands up) possibly on a Wasps thread that you had posted on too but never seen you have a pop at him. However, I'm sure if it was Stupot and on a Wasps thread then I'm sure it was just an oversight on your part........
He probably wasn't trying to patronise me with it was he?

Moff

You counting? Now that is stalker beahivour. Whose crying? I find it funny I've wound you up over the Internet. You must live a sheltered life to call people cocks over a Internet forum

Not counting, two is an easy number to remember without using fingers, you ought to try it sometime. You havent wound me up girlfriend like I say just being honest.

The Lurker

Not counting, two is an easy number to remember without using fingers, you ought to try it sometime. You havent wound me up girlfriend like I say just being honest.

Clearly you are counting, that's why you remembered ;) girlfriend? okay, stick to your cringey yank phrases, I'm going to pub with the lads and then Yeovil tomorrow. Hard life being a cock

Moff

Clearly you are counting, that's why you remembered ;) girlfriend? okay, stick to your cringey yank phrases, I'm going to pub with the lads and then Yeovil tomorrow. Hard life being a cock

It quite clearly is a hard life. Lets hope we get a win tomorrow.

Oh and I see you have been browsing my page on the site, and you call me a stalker. Enjoy the beers, as I will enjoy mine.

TheOldFive

Another poll? Astonishing. Is this really what we need to be doing? Where are the mass meetings, the properly organised protests, the membership renewal?

We need more ideas like your invention of the Sky Blue Ribboning of the town and the two hour silent sit-ins at Sixfields. The irony and effectiveness of both was lost on many who didn't have the power of understanding needed but they totally contributed to our return to the Ricoh more than Marches, Banners and Boycotts and that's now on the record as a verifiable and historical fact.

AndreasB

We need more ideas like your invention of the Sky Blue Ribboning of the town and the two hour silent sit-ins at Sixfields. The irony and effectiveness of both was lost on many who didn't have the power of understanding needed but they totally contributed to our return to the Ricoh more than Marches, Banners and Boycotts and that's now on the record as a verifiable and historical fact.

Funny thing is, I get abuse on here for inventing all them things. It's hard being the People's Champion but a cross I bear with good grace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOldFive

Steve, I reckon you and the other Board members should hand over to the people on here who seem to have the answers to everything and know exactly how things should be done!

Good Idea. Could be the big second chance that some have been dreaming of to get their noses back in the ego trough and a gorge on the adulation of being a self appointed representative of no one but themselves. Perhaps an opportunity to start another scheme of crackpot campaigns and tedious self righteous emails frothing with pompous rhetorical nonsense. Seeing the Council are home and dry though and no longer need any apparatchiks running distraction plays for them what would be the point eh?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Good Idea. Could be the big second chance that some have been dreaming of to get their noses back in the ego trough and a gorge on the adulation of being a self appointed representative of no one but themselves. Perhaps an opportunity to start another scheme of crackpot campaigns and tedious self righteous emails frothing with pompous rhetorical nonsense. Seeing the Council are home and dry though and no longer need any apparatchiks running distraction plays for them what would be the point eh?

Ha Ha Ha Ha

TheOldFive

Its nice to have laughter on the site for once

Instead of bickering, why don't we have a vote of some description? Get the trust to poll supporters on things more often. I think when Preston Haskell was just about to step in and buy everything (before he tragically didn't) I think he was going to give The Trust Board control over all playing issues as he famously "knows nothing about Football...". They could have run weekly polls to pick the team, decide on transfers, catering options, whether to put us in admin, or pay the rent etc. it would've been ace. Much more better than that bonkers text a sub idea that never caught on. We need more democracy not less!

Godiva

Instead of bickering, why don't we have a vote of some description? Get the trust to poll supporters on things more often. I think when Preston Haskell was just about to step in and buy everything (before he tragically didn't) I think he was going to give The Trust Board control over all playing issues as he famously "knows nothing about Football...". They could have run weekly polls to pick the team, decide on transfers, catering options, whether to put us in admin, or pay the rent etc. it would've been ace. Much more better than that bonkers text a sub idea that never caught on. We need more democracy not less!

Do you honestly believe that you can run a company - or even a football team - on democracy???

I don't think you will find any investors putting in millions and then turn over any kind of control of that money to supporters. Having a few fans reps at board meetings - with no voting power whatsoever - is the best to hope for.

Covstu

Any poll of some sort is really to come to a consensus or agree a way forward but both options are completely out of our grasp as fans so what are they going to do with the results?
Option 1 for starters has happened about twenty times already with the amount of board movements so why would this change anything?
Option 2 is wonderful but its a bit 'so what' isn't it??

Duffer had it spot on, this is more divisive action and isn't going to encourage any discussion..

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

You are a bit lost now I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
th

TheOldFive

I don't think you will find any investors putting in millions and then turn over any kind of control of that money to supporters.

That is precisely what Preston Haskell IV said he was going to do, giving supporters control of the club while he sweated the property asset - a true partnership. He wanted the Trust to represent Fans in doing that and even at the time Joe Elliot and others were trying to shut him up, to stop him making those commitments, so they could keep control as "knowing best what fans want". I think Preston sensed from those divisions that all was not well, and the Council almost seemed too keen to court him so he started to be concerned about the whole plan, was there a sting in the tail for him etc.

I've not seen much ever mentioned about the relationship between the Haskell and the Huntsman business empires (the latter being the financial power behind Joy Seppala and Sisu Capital). Worth a look.

TheOldFive

2007:- "Hedge fund Sisu Capital bid for several debt-ridden football clubs, before saving Coventry City FC from administration this year.
The mysterious Mayfair fund, co-founded by traders Joy Seppala and Dermot Coleman, made pre-tax profits of £17m last year, primarily by buying up bad debt.
The fund often resorts to hard-ball courtroom tactics to get what it wants.
Sisu's glamorous Finnish-American chief executive, Ms Seppala, has been described as one of the stock market's boldest traders. Indeed, Sisu means "inner fortitude, strength and guts" in Finnish.
The fund blocked a £381.5m refinancing deal for troubled hotel chain Welcome Break in 2004, securing full pay-outs for creditors. But Ms Seppala was censured by a High Court judge in 2006 when Sisu's bid for a better deal from debt-ridden power company TXU Europe failed."

Rusty Trombone

Why aren't the trust sharing information from the stadium forum? Sworn to secrecy??

I imagine they have been asked to wait until the minutes are published, which sounds fair enough, otherwise we get rumours that are false rather than the official line (which may also be false).

CJ_covblaze

I imagine they have been asked to wait until the minutes are published, which sounds fair enough, otherwise we get rumours that are false rather than the official line (which may also be false).

This is correct.

TheOldFive

I don't think you will find any investors putting in millions and then turn over any kind of control of that money to supporters.

That is Precisely what Preston Haskell IV was proposing to the Sky Blue Trust Leadership. It could have happened and that is the Tragedy of this whole situation.

SBT

I don't mind the trust holding a poll at all, at least there's an attempt to be democratic. However what strikes me is that once again the actions proposed aren't going to do anything other than alienate the club, who clearly already don't trust the Trust.

How can you now sit down and talk calmly to a man who you have just proposed publicly should be sacked. This isn't the way to build bridges.

Fisher, for better or worse, is paid by SISU. If we get someone else to replace him, they will represent SISU too, and therefore are likely to be about as useful.

For what it's worth, I'd just keep it polite, and keep niggling away with the specific questions. How much will the stadium cost, where will it be, how will we finance it, is this impacting on the playing budget etc. Many of the same questions could be asked regarding the ongoing legal actions.

If we make this 'us and them', then as satisfying as it is to keep having public digs, where does it get us?

Completely agree about the negotiation point, but what you're saying could just as easily be used to justify more radical/confrontational protests. Clearly there are large portions of the fanbase who see no benefit in trying to "build bridges" or "keep it polite", because they either feel it's a fruitless endeavour, or that things are far more urgent than that. The way we handle our stadium plans over the next 6-18 months will define the long-term future of the club, and I fully expect things to come to a head one way or another once it all comes out in the open.

LB87ccfc

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LB87ccfc

Or keep it simple, stop being a lying piece of shit, and tell us the truth we all know their will be no stadium so what is your next course of action.

And that's exactly what I'm talking about. If you went up to Fisher and said that, would you be surprised if he just ignored you.

Sure, you'd feel better, but other than that where does this kind of approach actually get us?

And that attitude is why our fanbase has turned into bickering between eachother softies.

torchomatic

I look forward to reading about it all then. When you going to do it?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by LB87ccfc

Or keep it simple, stop being a lying piece of shit, and tell us the truth we all know their will be no stadium so what is your next course of action.

And that attitude is why our fanbase has turned into bickering between eachother softies.

Nick

Administrator
Ah I see your in I am a constant prick mode again.

Why? Because you are on here going on about being hardcore, have you done anything hardcore yet?

Using FM Genie and giving CCFC unlimited money doesn't count either.

duffer

Completely agree about the negotiation point, but what you're saying could just as easily be used to justify more radical/confrontational protests. Clearly there are large portions of the fanbase who see no benefit in trying to "build bridges" or "keep it polite", because they either feel it's a fruitless endeavour, or that things are far more urgent than that. The way we handle our stadium plans over the next 6-18 months will define the long-term future of the club, and I fully expect things to come to a head one way or another once it all comes out in the open.

The problem is SBT, is that if you don't keep it civil, then you run the very real risk that the door to the club is closed to the Trust as an organisation. You could make the case that that's fair enough because the club aren't listening anyway, but personally I wouldn't give the club the excuse to disregard us so easily.

You can ask hard questions without having to demand new owners or a new board, and I think that would get us further personally. Once the trust comes out and says 'the board has to go', that's the last thing that we're likely to hear from Fisher towards the trust I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread