Update on ticket situation (1 Viewer)

lifelongcityfan

Ordered my season tickets over the phone last Tuesday. Saturday morning just the tickets for the Gillingham game turned up in the post. Assume the STs will be sent out after all Friday's furore has died down.

thanks for the response...but i havent recieved either yet!!

Rusty Trombone

Ordered my season tickets over the phone last Tuesday. Saturday morning just the tickets for the Gillingham game turned up in the post. Assume the STs will be sent out after all Friday's furore has died down.

They have run out of the season ticket books, so individual tickets issued until they receive more.

Tommystours

Ordered mine Thursday morning online.ST, not arrived yet
but bought a ticket for a friend on Saturday afternoon, in block 19 arrived today.will give it till Thursday before panic sets in.

ccfc92

Tickets arrived today. (Bought on Sat morning at 5am :eek:)

Huge well done to the staff for their handling of this mammoth task :D

Kingokings204

i havent recieved mine (season tickets that is)yet despite ordering over the phone last wednesday.

its an impossible situation, cant get thru on the phone, club not responding to emails etc.

Now looks like i will have to take tome off work thursday to visit the shop in person and see what they will do.

shambles

is anyone else in the same situation?

All season tickets are being sent out after Friday. Don't worry about it. They will turn up. If you ordered gillingham tickets they will turn up and season tickets after Friday.

Ashdown

I'm really beginning to wonder if they ran out of ST books and actual tickets and that is why some are waiting a bit longer. Who was responsible for ordering from the printers..................has it reached that level now Tim ? and you fucked that up !

hill83

The attendance could end up being about 5k short of half of the entire attendance last season.*

*quick maths in my head not backed up by exact figures

lifelongcityfan

All season tickets are being sent out after Friday. Don't worry about it. They will turn up. If you ordered gillingham tickets they will turn up and season tickets after Friday.
Hi
tks for taking time to respond...but in ordering a st i assumed they would either send me the st or at leat the Gills tkt.

currently without either.

ccfc92

The attendance could end up being about 5k short of half of the entire attendance last season.*

*quick maths in my head not backed up by exact figures

average attendance was 2,287 according to Wiki.

2,287 x 23 = 52,601

maybe not :(

sell out vs Yeovil to make 64,000 in 2 games? :D ;)

hill83

average attendance was 2,287 according to Wiki.

2,287 x 23 = 52,601

maybe not :(

sell out vs Yeovil to make 64,000 in 2 games? :D ;)

That makes it more than half then if we get more than 26300.

ccfc92

That makes it more than half then if we get more than 26300.

Think they should offer discount tickets for those that go on friday.

Some sort of incentive to make those that go to go vs Yeovil. If it's 10k, it'll be very disappointing :(

Although a good 3 or 4 goal win vs Gills will make maybe 20k vs Yeovil hopefully?

Kingokings204

Hi
tks for taking time to respond...but in ordering a st i assumed they would either send me the st or at leat the Gills tkt.

currently without either.

Yes well I know a lot of people and everyone on here has backed it up. I think it also read it on ccfc twitter.

The gillingham tickets should be sent and season tickets after that. Remember there will be mistakes so if no gillingham tickets then that's bad luck. Hopefully arrive tomorrow or Thursday if not try and phone and/or email. That's what I would do.

ccfc92

Careful who you compliment! You'll have the CWR callers after you who seem to think they could have done a better job!

If I didn't get tickets, I'd probably be one of them CWR callers ;)

Do feel for those who can't get tickets due to unable to get online or queue etc :(

kdrinkell

I am gagging to go but I can't queue for five hours as have comittments,also the website remembers our address but my email has changed so am firked online as well.
Pusb

H

Huckerby

Careful who you compliment! You'll have the CWR callers after you who seem to think they could have done a better job!
I got tickets Saturday early morning and to be fair they (the club, not TO workers) have been absolutely wank at handling this.

Take the club away from home for a season, everyone screaming at you to bring it home....come home, and then have not enough people working on the phones, the tills, and one of the most basic, amateur websites with no obvious attempts to expand bandwidth/capacity?

I can think of a few ways this could've been handled better

1) Hire some agency staff and install a couple more phone lines to take ticket orders over the phone
2) Hire some agency staff and install a couple of kiosks/temporary tills to sell more tickets at the ticket office
3) Outsource to Ticketmaster or one of the numerous other ticket websites that do this stuff full time
4) Wait a while longer to announce the return and go for a different first game...giving more time to take measures to prevent this fuck up
5) Start work on taking measures to prevent this fuck up (I remember seeing that these discussions went on for a month and a half?)
6) Don't be so stupid to not anticipate a sell out, and therefore make the correct arrangements with police/SAG to open all areas of the stadium (not enough time? refer to options 4 or 5...
7) Temporarily increase bandwidth/server space/whatever
And these are just the ones off the top of my head. The obvious response to these is "ohhh but the cost..." - bullshit. Ask yourself if you'd have minded paying an extra £5, or even up to full price, to have a full stadium? Ask the people who don't yet have tickets if they would have minded paying full price to avoid this uncertainty!

Obviously they haven't done this deliberately...but its just sheer incompetence. They're dog shit at absolutely everything. Even court cases which is supposedly their speciality!!

/rant

SkyBlueUkeman

I got tickets Saturday early morning and to be fair they (the club, not TO workers) have been absolutely wank at handling this.

Take the club away from home for a season, everyone screaming at you to bring it home....come home, and then have not enough people working on the phones, the tills, and one of the most basic, amateur websites with no obvious attempts to expand bandwidth/capacity?

I can think of a few ways this could've been handled better

1) Hire some agency staff and install a couple more phone lines to take ticket orders over the phone
2) Hire some agency staff and install a couple of kiosks/temporary tills to sell more tickets at the ticket office
3) Outsource to Ticketmaster or one of the numerous other ticket websites that do this stuff full time
4) Wait a while longer to announce the return and go for a different first game...giving more time to take measures to prevent this fuck up
5) Start work on taking measures to prevent this fuck up (I remember seeing that these discussions went on for a month and a half?)
6) Don't be so stupid to not anticipate a sell out, and therefore make the correct arrangements with police/SAG to open all areas of the stadium (not enough time? refer to options 4 or 5...
7) Temporarily increase bandwidth/server space/whatever
And these are just the ones off the top of my head. The obvious response to these is "ohhh but the cost..." - bullshit. Ask yourself if you'd have minded paying an extra £5, or even up to full price, to have a full stadium? Ask the people who don't yet have tickets if they would have minded paying full price to avoid this uncertainty!

Obviously they haven't done this deliberately...but its just sheer incompetence. They're dog shit at absolutely everything. Even court cases which is supposedly their speciality!!

/rant
giphy.gif

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Some fair points in that rant to be fair. But i think it's easy for fans to say 'they should have done x, y and z'.

Number 4 is an interesting one though;

Do you not think they'd have been criticised coming out saying we're returning to the Ricoh.......but the next 1 or 2 games will continue to be played at Sixfields. I think they've rushed it to prevent criticism like that; albeit the rushing has probably made people more wound up

Como

I think it is reasonable to assume they did not see the demand, I certainly did not.

I do not know how easy it is to bring in new staff unfamiliar with the system, just selling pre printed tickets would not have been tricky, not sure if that was the area of concern.

If they had charged more there would have been bitching, if they had given Season Ticket holders less time there would have been bitching. The tickets left seem to be mainly the 3,000 ST holders and the ones near the away supporters. I never went around that side, how easy it is to reduce the away end I have no idea, especially for one game.

IT, well it was no doubt set up for normal demand and a bit, not this, ramping up for one game I am assuming was not easy otherwise they would have done it. But they seem to have sold everything to hand.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't think its been the demand.

I think they made a mistake when they announced they would be closing the north stand and opening the south stand to home fans, not that the idea is a mistake but they obviously proposed the idea without consulting the relative groups beforehand. South stand went on sale and then they had to remove it after some had already purchased and they've pretty much been on the back foot ever since.

Also I think they made a mistake in trying to get season tickets out before the Gillingham match as they just increased the work load for themselves, they should have treated it as a cup match and made it an all single ticket game (apart from the 300 or so transferred from sixfields). 12/13 season ticket holders could still have had priority on tickets before general sale but none of this reserving up until Thursday and then when general sale arrived they should have been released. Then address the issue of season tickets after Fridays match.

Como

Don't think its been the demand.

I think they made a mistake when they announced they would be closing the north stand and opening the south stand to home fans, not that the idea is a mistake but they obviously proposed the idea without consulting the relative groups beforehand. South stand went on sale and then they had to remove it after some had already purchased and they've pretty much been on the back foot ever since.

Also I think they made a mistake in trying to get season tickets out before the Gillingham match as they just increased the work load for themselves, they should have treated it as a cup match and made it an all single ticket game (apart from the 300 or so transferred from sixfields). 12/13 season ticket holders could still have had priority on tickets before general sale but none of this reserving up until Thursday and then when general sale arrived they should have been released. Then address the issue of season tickets after Fridays match.

I like that, but of course the benefit of hindsight.

Sounds like that in the rush to get everything sorted there was a couple of unexpected hiccups, happens.

Como

Seriously? You didn't see the demand?

Why on earth not?

Friday live on Sky.

I thought that a Saturday, more of an event, a day out, then more would come. Perhaps because I used to have a long journey came into it.

I was wrong.

Astute

Friday live on Sky.

I thought that a Saturday, more of an event, a day out, then more would come. Perhaps because I used to have a long journey came into it.

I was wrong.

But it is our homecoming celebration. Most of us would love to be there. I would have needed two shifts off at work to go. Because of the mess at the ticket office I didn't want to risk it. And I have had two offers of a ticket in the last couple of days.....too late to get time off as my next shift is on Friday :(

I suppose I can watch it in the pub with the lads. But I can't have a skinfull as start work just after 5am. Oh the joy of supporting from afar. Will be with you all in spirit though :)

theferret

The whole thing has become tiresome.

For days we have defended them (because I am sure it has been difficult) and they have hidden behind the SAG and the delays opening up the SS. Fine, but that was resolved yesterday morning - and a day later we still have no sign of those tickets going only sale because they are still clearing up the backlog (they haven't sold a single match ticket since last Saturday - exactly how many people are working there?). In other words, even if the SAG had given the all clear on Sunday, no SS ticket would have yet been sold.

You'd hope they'll be on sale tomorrow, but I have this horrible feeling they'll put them on sale on Friday. If they do that, I think we can wave good-bye to the chances of a sell out - people will just bin the idea. Friday is a working day and people need to make plans. You can't expect people to wake up on the morning of the game still no knowing if they can get a ticket, especially when getting a ticket will involve a 4 hour queue or a whole day on a website that might crash. Some will, but I can't see them shifting 7000 in half a day.

Just hope they put them on sale tomorrow and the last couple of thousand released seats on Friday.

H

Huckerby

Some fair points in that rant to be fair. But i think it's easy for fans to say 'they should have done x, y and z'.

Number 4 is an interesting one though;

Do you not think they'd have been criticised coming out saying we're returning to the Ricoh.......but the next 1 or 2 games will continue to be played at Sixfields. I think they've rushed it to prevent criticism like that; albeit the rushing has probably made people more wound up

Yes maybe, there will always be some criticism won't there lets be honest - but they could explain that they haven't got the resources to shift the tickets in time and they want a proper welcome back. Or, alternatively, they didn't have to tell us straight away did they, and we'd have been none the wiser (its not like they are unfamiliar with porky pies now is it).

Unfamiliar systems? You're just selling bloody tickets how hard can it be? If it really is that complex they could get people in a week before they told everyone we were coming back and train them for a week? Come on....they've fucked the whole thing up and thats that really lol.

I don't think I'm someone who has incredible project management skills...just a bit of common sense?

ohitsaidwalker king power

But it is our homecoming celebration. Most of us would love to be there. I would have needed two shifts off at work to go. Because of the mess at the ticket office I didn't want to risk it. And I have had two offers of a ticket in the last couple of days.....too late to get time off as my next shift is on Friday :(

I suppose I can watch it in the pub with the lads. But I can't have a skinfull as start work just after 5am. Oh the joy of supporting from afar. Will be with you all in spirit though :)

Nice, I'll accept your spirit... and celebrate with a Jack Daniels!!

Noggin

The way they have handled it has created so much extra work for themselves, its very foolish. The please e-mail us to release your season tickets was particularly stupid, if 500 people e-mail them releasing tickets and it takes 5 minutes per e-mail then that is an entire work week for 1 person.

They should have been ready to sell season tickets the day the return was announced and the season tickets not purchased should have then been released for the Gillingham game once all other seats were sold and people told not to worry your seat is still reserved from next game on if you wish to renew.

I don't accept they couldn't be ready, this was not super hush hush, it was in the sun that we were going to be returning for the 5th. They could have gotten the few ticket office staff to sign an nda and all is well, not like it would matter if they talked anyway we heard so many dozens of my friend works in the ticket office/programme seller/police/steward/food vendor and they've been told to be on notice for the return stories over the previous year that no one took them seriously.

Leaving such demand unmet means those people continue to ring up, continue to e-mail, continue to tweet, all producing extra work that they need to deal with. I'm sure they are all working bloody hard but with a little more thought there would have been significantly less work to do.

Kingokings204

I am 50-50 on all this. I'm going to sit on the fence I'm afraid. I see both sides so here goes.

Positives:

Seems all tickets will be sold in the end. They certainly aren't rushing it and not ballsing it all up. Staff are working as hard as they can that's for sure and all that can be done is being done. Remember they are going from selling 500 season tickets to now over 3000 and rising whilst 1500 home gates to now sell ours over 30k so it's a bit of a up turn. Coventry city is alive and kicking and the fans all hate sisu but it wasn't the owners people had a problem with per se it was more the move to Northampton. Now we are back it's the same owners but everyone wants to go. All tickets will be sold and gillingham will bring no more than 1 blocks worth but there has to be 1 block segregation.

Negatives:

Seem to be under staffed so the current staff are working harder and more demanding than they should be. The website has got some people and when I ordered my tickets took me over 2 hours online so obviously the website isn't great. People live far away so what about them? Season tickets are getting lost in translation. Some details have been lost and others mixed up.

Conclusions:

I think they are doing the best they can to sum up. It's an easy kop out to just blame sisu. Surely they want as many fans as possible as it's more money so an extra 6000 tickets is 60k in revenue. That's big money. I hope everyone gets a ticket and I disagree with a previous poster I don't care when the tickets go on sale they will sell them. Demand is very high not to. Sell out here we come.

Nick

Administrator
The thing is, this is pretty much a one off event / situation so should CCFC hire more staff to cope with this just to have them twiddling their thumbs when we are selling tickets for Rochdale at home in January as this situation won't be happening then. I guess they can't get temps in because for somebody to train them up it takes them off the "front line" so one less pair of hands.

I agree though, the website / server should be able to handle everything thrown at it. This would then take the strain off the actual people in the store answering calls etc.

It seems like the actual service when you get it isn't bad. I ordered my tickets Friday night and they arrive first thing Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread