Wake up supporters - you are being conned! (1 Viewer)

Chinny_Hill

They always contain facts. Ask a question and ill factually answer it. Here's a fact. We were charged the highest rent in league one. Here is another fact we were charged the highest rent in the championship. Oh one more fact all other clubs with council owned stadiums have a FAR better deal than us

Sadly the other fact is supporters like you seem to get off on these facts without realising the damage they have done.

You really are so one dimensional. We had the best facilities in league 1 by a country mile. We are not a league one club. We have ended up here through spectacular miss management and a real reluctance to invest in the team. When the plan of minimal investment for maximum return failed, then (and only then) was the spectre of financials raised in relation to the Ricoh, and battle commenced. You really have it the wrong way around, the damage was, and is still being done by a fundamental inability of the owners to understand the business that they are in.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

And where the thrust of your stance falls over sir, is that you can't negotiate with yourself. Both parties have to sit at the table and be fair and reasonable, and BOTH parties have suggested they have been so and that the other party hasn't. But for some reason people seem intent on believing and listening to only one side.

A judge has listened to both sides and taken a view.

His view? One side was behaving illegally. No?

How can you negotiate with someone who won't honour contracts or the law?

procdoc

So ultimately you have no proof. You are just taking ACL's word. Just like I am taking SISU's word but backing it up with this logic; Where would the sense be in moving home if they really were offered such an attractive deal?

You are dumb to take Sisu's word on anything. Again, prove to me where ACL have lied in the past? There are numerous lies in the open that Sisu have told so I know who I believe and it ain't your poxy hedge fund

Sky Blue Pete

And where the thrust of your stance falls over sir, is that you can't negotiate with yourself. Both parties have to sit at the table and be fair and reasonable, and BOTH parties have suggested they have been so and that the other party hasn't. But for some reason people seem intent on believing and listening to only one side.

Not just acl but Ccc and Higgs and they didn't even speak to compass

Grendel

You are dumb to take Sisu's word on anything. Again, prove to me where ACL have lied in the past? There are numerous lies in the open that Sisu have told so I know who I believe and it ain't your poxy hedge fund

Why on a football forum do you continue your stance of defending a landlord that even it admits has fleeced the club by reducing the rent by 66%. It's very hard to understand your obsession with them.

procdoc

Why on a football forum do you continue your stance of defending a landlord that even it admits has fleeced the club by reducing the rent by 66%. It's very hard to understand your obsession with them.

I'm not obsessed with them. I think the rent was far too high but it's more down to Sisu than ACL as to why it's come down to this. After all we were never evicted were we. Why can't you admit that Sisu have made mistake after mistake and have completely mismanaged the club? Surely a man of your supposed superiority and intelligence can see that?

torchomatic

You really are so one dimensional. We had the best facilities in league 1 by a country mile. We are not a league one club. We have ended up here through spectacular miss management and a real reluctance to invest in the team. When the plan of minimal investment for maximum return failed, then (and only then) was the spectre of financials raised in relation to the Ricoh, and battle commenced. You really have it the wrong way around, the damage was, and is still being done by a fundamental inability of the owners to understand the business that they are in.

The damage was done a long time before Sisu turned up. They've just made it a hell of a lot worse.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

procdoc

I'm not obsessed with them. I think the rent was far too high but it's more down to Sisu than ACL as to why it's come down to this. After all we were never evicted were we. Why can't you admit that Sisu have made mistake after mistake and have completely mismanaged the club? Surely a man of your supposed superiority and intelligence can see that?

Also you have failed to answer my points earlier, again. You whine about nobody wanting to debate with you yet when someone offers you the opportunity you use it to point score and make false accusations. You are a sad little man

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Why on a football forum do you insist on supporting owners that are taking the club from its very city? That's the most pertinent question

RoboCCFC90

Can I ask something Chinny, if it had worked out the other way and we had been promoted to the Premier League would it still be wrong to re-negotiate the rent agreement?

procdoc

Why on a football forum do you insist on supporting owners that are taking the club from its very city? That's the most pertinent question

don't hold your breath on receiving a straight answer mate, you'll most likely get some smarmy rhetoric from the masterdebator

Paxman II

I can't quite get my head around this issue of blaming SISU for everything and yet knowing at the same time they are the owners of our football club who we should unconditionally be supporting? They could simply liquidate and go away leaving nothing, no Sky Blues, gone forever?
I bloody hate SISU as a company and the approach they take in matters but they are the owners of my football club and as such I will support them as much as I can to ensure the survival of my club and not pay so much homage to a council led ACL who mean nothing to us other than a very poor landlord who did indeed charge far too much rent for a number of years until questioned. Seriously?

RoboCCFC90

Whatever member of ACL said that a £1.2 Mil a year rent agreement was fair..

RoboCCFC90

Since we're all asking questions here..

Are you really that naive to believe that our situation now is solely the fault of SISU?

simple_simon

We are all falling into the trap.
It's all a PR ploy, they are dividing the supporters and we are abusing each other not what's right.
Both SISU and ACL are in the wrong but only one is taking us away from the City.

When I was younger we used to sing "swop shop". - "tizwas" at each other in the west end, now we will be singing ACL - SISU at each other at Nuneaton.

Sorry but cannot understand the SISU argument, not on the side of anyone but COventry CIty, but that must be in COVENTRY.

RoboCCFC90

We are all falling into the trap.
It's all a PR ploy, they are dividing the supporters and we are abusing each other not what's right.
Both SISU and ACL are in the wrong but only one is taking us away from the City.

When I was younger we used to sing "swop shop". - "tizwas" at each other in the west end, now we will be singing ACL - SISU at each other at Nuneaton.

Sorry but cannot understand the SISU argument, not on the side of anyone but COventry CIty, but that must be in COVENTRY.

Yes SISU have to take the club away but that is because they can't get a better deal with ACL to rent the Ricoh, it's a catch 22 situation..

simple_simon

Since we're all asking questions here..

Are you really that naive to believe that our situation now is solely the fault of SISU?

That's not what he is saying is it?

But only one side is removing the cub from the City, and lets face it if they do they will not come back.
Who ever is in the Wong only one side is hurting the fans.

Brighton Sky Blue

I can't quite get my head around this issue of blaming SISU for everything and yet knowing at the same time they are the owners of our football club who we should unconditionally be supporting? They could simply liquidate and go away leaving nothing, no Sky Blues, gone forever?
I bloody hate SISU as a company and the approach they take in matters but they are the owners of my football club and as such I will support them as much as I can to ensure the survival of my club and not pay so much homage to a council led ACL who mean nothing to us other than a very poor landlord who did indeed charge far too much rent for a number of years until questioned. Seriously?

An ACL which half consists of the charity which bailed us out when we had more debt than sense and paid for the academy we now see fit to forfeit.

simple_simon

Yes SISU have to take the club away but that is because they can't get a better deal with ACL to rent the Ricoh, it's a catch 22 situation..

Agreed, but f they had done the deal months ago it would not be like this now. You not just stop stop paying rent because its wrong. It's so obvious that Fisher is trying to divide us and when w leave Coventry we will not be coming back

Brighton Sky Blue

Where could I get a season ticket for next season?

RoboCCFC90

But only one side is removing the cub from the City, and lets face it if they do they will not come back.

No it's not but I wanted to ask that question just for MMM's opinion.. Is that a crime?

Who ever is in the Wong? Hello there from Tokyo :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

RoboCCFC90

Agreed, but f they had done the deal months ago it would not be like this now. You not just stop stop paying rent because its wrong. It's so obvious that Fisher is trying to divide us and when w leave Coventry we will not be coming back

Where's he going to go the Moon?!

Sorry if I don't take the words from someone who told us four weeks ago that he was sure we would be playing at Wasall this season :facepalm::facepalm:

Sky Blue Pete

I have read most of this thread and have not seen one post blaming Sisu for everything just that they are most to blame

simple_simon

Where's he going to go the Moon?!

Sorry if I don't take the words from someone who told us four weeks ago that he was sure we would be playing at Wasall this season :facepalm::facepalm:

And why did that change?
Because there was an outcry from the Walsall fans.
The decision was not with the football fans but the stadium owner who had said yes
I want the same from Northampton now.

RoboCCFC90

ACL have offered the absolute best they can without just giving the whole lot away.

I couldn't answer that, yes a reduced rent was very kind (If not well overdue) although I am not privvy to the rest of the terms, so I can't answer that I am afraid.

RoboCCFC90

And why did that change?
Because there was an outcry from the Walsall fans.
The decision was not with the football fans but the stadium owner who had said yes
I want the same from Northampton now.

Good luck..

BREAKING: Coventry City will be playing their home games at Sixfields on a temporary basis. More on http://ntfc.co.uk shortly

ajsccfc

17824_8_full.jpg

SISU.

ACL.

101018boggs.jpg

SISU!

ACL!

HatB_-_Wade_Boggs'_misfortune.png

Sky Blue Pete

Terrible terrible news!! I can't go on Sunday afternoons even if I could swallow all my pride and principles cause I am a coventry kid and have always followed my home team.

Absolutely gutted!!

My dad said it was the beginning of the end when football became money oriented in the early 90's and has ultimately been proved correct.

Flabbergasted and so upset!!

Because it is a necessary step in the right direction for CCFC.

To suggest they will not come back is ridiculous. You've defeated yourself with that.

Good luck..

BREAKING: Coventry City will be playing their home games at Sixfields on a temporary basis. More on http://ntfc.co.uk shortly

I still believe there will be a cancellation clause, and that this is all a duel between SISU/ACL I sincerely hope ACL are considering how their actions may hamstring them right this moment. I'll be there supporting the club.

Users who are viewing this thread