Walking Dead season 3 (1 Viewer)

Otis

Story about a mild mannered school chemistry teacher who finds out he's got lung cancer and can't afford the treatment as his insurance doesn't cover the cost. He therefore becomes a drug dealer making crystal meth.

It's won stacks of awards.

Nick

Administrator
I keep wanting to watch Breaking Bad but never know if I will get into these american shows. Watched a couple of Lost and 24 and just couldn't be arsed!

Otis

From Wiki.

Breaking Bad
has received widespread critical acclaim.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breaking_Bad#cite_note-THR-4 The series has won seven Primetime Emmy Awards—including three consecutive wins for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series for Cranston, two wins for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for Paul, and three nominations for Outstanding Drama Series. Cranston has also been nominated twice for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor – Television Series: Drama and he was nominated three times for the Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series.

Otis

All I can say is wow!!

Now up to episode 4. It is brutal but brilliant!

It is the total opposite of series 2, which was slow, brooding and dramatical.

This one is just pure in your face, nerve shredding stuff.

WillieStanley

I'm on episode 2. I have to time it so the wife isn't around as Shawn Of The Dead keeps her up for weeks!!

Absolutely brilliant. Living up to the potential the 1st season showed. Otis, you're right about the second... I'm glad they've stopped pouting!!

Otis

I liked season 2 cos you just knew it was the calm before the storm.

This new series though is quite sensational.

My wife gets upset watching Indiana Jones so she'd have no chance with this.

kg82

Ah right, I've watched up to but not including episode 4 so far. And now I'm very much looking forward to 4!

kg82

Think I may try and find it online now then, don't think I can wait till Friday!

WillieStanley

I liked season 2 cos you just knew it was the calm before the storm.

This new series though is quite sensational.

My wife gets upset watching Indiana Jones so she'd have no chance with this.

I was hoping for it but not expecting it.

I learnt a valuable lesson a few years ago. I got well into Heroes, the wife and I watched it after it had already come out and went for it, watching three or four episodes a night. Loved it!

The 1st season was immense and showed so much promise, then the second was unbelievably short, and I excused it because of the writers strike. I was expecting a belter of a 3rd season but, although the makings were there, it was pretty rubbish and it was only really Sylar that carried it. Still, you just forgive, don't you. But then there was the 4th season. Thrown together. Awful concept and there had been absolutely no character progression, Hiro overcame a brain tumor by having a samurai sword fight with it in his head. Then to top it off... They were so convinced they'd get another season, they ended it making sure all the ends were as loose as they possibly could be. Then it got cancelled.

From then on, I've never expected anything, despite early promise. Lesson learned.

wingy

I'm affraid I have missed something here as never watched it,however off topic ,if you all love good Telly ,The Killing ,with Sarah Lund is back in its final run on BBC4 in the near future.

WillieStanley

If we're talking brilliant TV... and literature actually... Game Of Thrones is literally the best thing I've seen or read for years!! Absolutely amazing!! Plot twists, unaffraid to kill off lead characters at will and amazing inter character relationships and dialogue. I love it!!

WillieStanley

Not seen it yet.

Breaking Bad is as good as anything I've seen lately.

You need to, I've never gasped so loudly at a plot twist before!! You can't see any of them coming! Every answer begs another question and so well put together. Cinematography is immense!!

I've been recommended Breaking Bad by a few people, it doesn't sound like the type of thing I'd usually go for, but, as with GOT, those recommendations come with so much passion, they're hard to ignore!!

Otis

Breaking Bad didn't appeal to me either, but I listened to the comments from people and the great reviews. Think season 2 and season 3 got ratings both around 95%-97%.

It's won many awards too.

All about a high school chemistry teacher who finds he has lung cancer and not long to live and decides to make crystal meth to make enough money to look after his family after he's gone.

It's deliciously dark, quite funny in places and has you gripped. Some fantastic music in it too.

Thoroughly recommended.

I started watching and ended up watching 55 episodes in just 6 days.

Otis

Graham Linehan, guy behind Father Ted said this in a number of tweets.

@Glinner:

Feel almost weepy with gratitude for 'Breaking Bad'. Have watched it tonight in full repose, then edge of seat, then finally standing up
Proud to be working in TV. To be even tangentially connected with something of that quality. Certainly no longer see cinema as the Big Show.

After years of being fed cinematic baby food, to be given this meal, this fucking Michelin star meal...pathetically grateful for it.
Now, if you'll excuse me, the final episode of season 4 beckons

The final episode of season 4 is an absolute corker!

Coventry La La La

Thanks KG, I'm sure that won't be difficult this season has been an action packed thriller so far, can't wait for Friday night :)

Shit happens. :p

WillieStanley

Graham Linehan, guy behind Father Ted said this in a number of tweets.

@Glinner:

Feel almost weepy with gratitude for 'Breaking Bad'. Have watched it tonight in full repose, then edge of seat, then finally standing up
Proud to be working in TV. To be even tangentially connected with something of that quality. Certainly no longer see cinema as the Big Show.

After years of being fed cinematic baby food, to be given this meal, this fecking Michelin star meal...pathetically grateful for it.
Now, if you'll excuse me, the final episode of season 4 beckons

The final episode of season 4 is an absolute corker!

Wow! Well I'm about to borrow a boxset from mate. Limehan is someone I have loads of time for!

CTID

Watched Fridays episode last night, cant wait for this weeks! wtf is that dude up to?? Dont want to say too much and spoil it but im guessing youll all know what im talking about if you have seen it. Apparently this weeks is awesome

CTID

lol my mate at work is dying to tell me what happens. I so tempted to watch it online but i prefer to watch it on TV rather then my little laptop screen so ill wait :)

Users who are viewing this thread