Walking Dead Season 6 (2 Viewers)

Sky_Blue_Daz

It was an act, or have I missed something?

Otis

Because she didn't go back to kick-ass Carol once she escaped.

As soon as she broke Maggie free, Carol just wanted to leave and NOT kill the captors and it was Maggie who said 'no, we have to finish it.' That was totally, totally un-Carol like.

Carol is usually just of the notion they have to die.

It was Maggie slitting throats and bashing brains in and killing people, while Carol stood behind and watched on.

She then, when confronted by her main captor, said 'just run!' When normally she would have just pulled the trigger without even the blink of an eye.

Maggie was urging Carol to shoot, and kept saying 'shoot her' but Carol was all hesitant and Carol never hesitates! She had tears in her eyes the whole time.

Carol then had a second chance to shoot the leader, but again said 'run!' She went right up to her with the gun and couldn't pull the trigger and the Saviour was able to attack her, even though Carol had the gun pointed right at her face from about a yard away.

Carol was then in tears when the woman was impaled and struggled to speak on the two way radio.

She then said she should have killed the one in the woods and was upset about that, again very un-Carol like and normally she wouldn't have missed.

She then saw the 2 Saviours burn on the kill floor and again looked visibly upset, again not normal Carol.

Then as the walked past the zombies, it was Maggie who was killing them all and Carol stood behind and just watched and didn't help.

When Carol and Maggie open the door to be confronted by Glen and some of Rick's team, Carol is then asked if she is okay and again she is visibly upset and answers 'no!'

You can see into her eyes and she is really upset and distraught. So not like normal Carol who is so hard nosed about these things.

Rick then shoots the last Saviour and Carol yet again seems very upset and shaken. There's a real close up on her face that lingers and you can see in her eyes that the whole thing has had a profound effect on her.

Just wasn't the same Carol as before.

Otis

Which makes me think that perhaps she is the main character to be killed off.

She looked a broken woman and not the same woman who killed all those from her own team back at the prison without even pausing for breath.

She usually shows little emotion and just does what she 'has' to do.

olderskyblue

I think she was playing along and appearing weak to start, but saw herself in her captors, and started to emphasise. The episode title was "in the same boat" and when she was told "you're not the good guys" it probably hit a nerve. I guess burning some guys alive may have added to the "we're just like them" thought carol may have had, and why she didn't kill them all like the old carol would have done. Didn't Rick go through this once?

ajsccfc

She may have played it up but it definitely wasn't a complete act, last episode she was compiling a list of the people she'd killed over the course of the show and mentioned it to Maggie in this episode.

walking-dead-carol-kill-list-death-note.jpg

Ryan

the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-1.jpg

Karen + David
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-2.jpg

Lizzie
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-3.jpg

Terminus dicks
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-4.jpg

Candle lady
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-5.jpg

Wolves
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-6.jpg

Otis

She may have played it up but it definitely wasn't a complete act, last episode she was compiling a list of the people she'd killed over the course of the show and mentioned it to Maggie in this episode.

walking-dead-carol-kill-list-death-note.jpg

Ryan

the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-1.jpg

Karen + David
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-2.jpg

Lizzie
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-3.jpg

Terminus dicks
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-4.jpg

Candle lady
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-5.jpg

Wolves
the-walking-dead-carol-death-list-6.jpg
Yep.

Obviously the captive bit was an act at first, but then she didn't revert back to the old Carol after and it seems she has been reflecting on all the events and the course of her life.

Could be the writers are setting her up to appear to be the main character to be killed off, seemingly reflective and trying to make peace with herself. Maybe it is a deliberate ruse to make us believe she is the one to go.

She does appear a little broken and not the extra strong Carol of old.

Think most of us were expecting her to put on the act, then revert back to normal Carol mode and just shoot the captors without thought.

Last edited:

Otis

http://uproxx.com/tv/carol-the-walking-dead-2/

No one character on The Walking Dead has evolved more than Carol Peletier has over the course of six seasons. Carol has transformed from a meek, domestic abuse survivor who lost a daughter into a woman so protective of her people that she’s killed others proactively because of the potential threat they posed. She killed Tyrese’s girlfriend because she was sick, showing no remorse and crossing a line that Rick was so unsettled by that he briefly kicked her out of the group. She killed Lizzie — a little girl — because she was psychotic and couldn’t be saved from her mental illness. She practically wiped out Terminus single-handedly, and in this year’s midseason finale, she shot and killed the Wolf, Owen. At last count, she’d killed 18 people.

Nobody has been more bad ass than Carol in recent seasons. Until now.

In this week’s episode of The Walking Dead, “The Same Boat,” showrunner Scott Gimple continued to build on a reversion of her character. The bold and pragmatic Carol is losing her edge. She is losing her ability to kill. The weight of her murder count is weighing on her conscience. She froze when confronted by an attacker, intentionally shooting him in the arm instead of killing him. She hyperventilated while being tied up by Paula. She showed a reluctance bordering on refusal to kill Paula when given the opportunity, and she clutched at her rosary beads after Rick killed Primo.

Carol is broken.

Last edited:

Otis

And found this article interesting too.

But if there's one bit of confusion I have from "The Same Boat," it's Carol's recent change in attitude. We saw her fret over her murder journal last week, and this week she had problems killing anyone. Mind you, this is the same woman who killed a child, had no problem killing attackers in Alexandria, wanted to kill Morgan's wolf prisoner, and mercy killed a wounded Alexandrian without thinking about it not too long ago. So I'm a little perplexed at what happened to make her pull back on the violence.

Carol has been my favorite character in the show ever since she went through this arc of doing whatever it took to survive, starting with the barbecuing of Karen and David back at the prison. And her arc may have plateaued, hence the writers figured a new arc of guilt was necessary.

But it's weakening her for me, and more evidence of the series rubber-banding characters—they go to one extreme and then snap back to a mellower medium. (Rick's done that about 50 times in the series.) Is Morgan's nonlethal ethic finding its way into Carol's thinking? Is this the natural progression of humans pushed to the brink? Or are the writers stuck with what to do with her? There are shades of Carol in there still—playing weak and sharpening a crucifix as a tool, for one—but the old Carol would have no problems killing Paula or anyone, particularly if it meant ensuring Maggie's safety, and brushing it off.

I just don't totally get this new Carol, and I don't think the show did a good enough job explaining why she's going down this path.

olderskyblue

I just don't totally get this new Carol, and I don't think the show did a good enough job explaining why she's going down this path.

Not yet.....

Otis

Not yet.....
Well, word is they are killing off a major character.

Therefore, that is out of:

Carol

Maggie

Glen

Daryl

Carl

Rick

Michonne

Rick's not going anywhere and I'm sure they wouldn't kill Carl or Michonne, so I think it's out of the top 4.

Who's your money on?

The two characters who have suddenly looked a bit impotent and weak have been Daryl and Carol, so they are my two favourites for the chop.

In the comics however it is Glen who gets killed by Negan.

Not convinced that Negan would kill the pregnant Maggie. He also in the comics builds up a harem, so you would think he would want to add Maggie to his collection.

I was thinking Glen at first, but am now thinking it could be Carol.

Otis

http://io9.gizmodo.com/which-major-walking-dead-character-is-negan-going-to-k-1765226833

Here is the list of the usual suspects.

Interesting to note on there that the production company put out that it was to be Glen on the receiving end of Negan's bat, but then have since said it was a deliberately false rumour.

People are there for saying if Glenn dying was a false rumour, then it can't be him to die.

Whoever it is, Andrew Lincoln said reading the final script left him feeling sick.

So, it's either something truly shocking, or he means the script is crap!

ajsccfc

Not convinced that Negan would kill the pregnant Maggie.

Same, while he's ruthless he tries to be seen as fair to keep his people on his side. There's that bit in the comics where
Carl stows away and kills some Saviours but Negan almost takes a shine to him and pities him when he starts crying about his eye

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Absolutely agree Nick. It was the same as that dork, Walter Junior in Breaking Bad. Total waste of a character!

King of the Lesbians

A lot of people talk about what goes on in the comics but I've never read them so don't know how much of a guide that is.
Also, isn't Carol already dead in the comics?

And as it's close to Easter, surely Jesus must die!

Otis

I hope somebody does kill Carl, I hate the kid.
In the comics Negan takes Carl under his wing.

They talk about a serve away from the comics though. Think it has to, or it is all a bit pointless and we will all know what is to come.

chiefdave

They seem to cherry pick bits out of the comic rather than sticking too it religiously.

I'm with Nick, someone kill Carl. Reckon Rick and Daryl are safe - they wouldn't risk killing either of them off. Anyone else is up for grabs, for it to really have any value its got to be Maggie, Glen or Carol doesn't it? They're the only really established characters left.

In the comic Neegan kills Glen, and the actor who plays Glen has the lead role in a film to shoot. However that could be a red herring as the film is from the same production as TWD so they could schedule around each other.

King of the Lesbians

Well, word is they are killing off a major character.

Therefore, that is out of:

Carol

Maggie

Glen

Daryl

Carl

Rick

Michonne

Rick's not going anywhere and I'm sure they wouldn't kill Carl or Michonne, so I think it's out of the top 4.

Who's your money on?

Michonne get's bitten when Carol doesn't stop a walker.
Rick loses his shit and lops Carols head off.
Daryl loses his shit and teabags Rick.
Nick kills Carl over VPN.
HH kills Walt Junior.

Who saw that coming!

Otis

Michonne get's bitten when Carol doesn't stop a walker.
Rick loses his shit and lops Carols head off.
Daryl loses his shit and teabags Rick.
Nick kills Carl over VPN.
HH kills Walt Junior.

Who saw that coming!
That's too fetched. Much more believable would be Negan making Carl go down on Carol while Rick has to watch at the same time as having Lucille rammed up his jacksey!

Sky_Blue_Daz

Bloody nightshifts mean I can't watch till tomorrow

ajsccfc

Another instance of something that happened in the comics to one character but a different character in this

I knew Dwight was appearing in this episode so as soon as Abraham left Eugene I was waiting for him to get the arrow

Otis

Well yep.

As soon as you know some total rookie is going on a field trip, you pretty much know they are not coming back any time soon don't you.

It's almost akin to the unwritten horror movie rule that means you have to go down into the dark cellar alone and not stick together.

I also like the way one gun can outwit and out shoot 12 guns just like that.

What's behind the barrels? Ooh, let's go look!! ;)

Last edited:

Otis

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...r-killing-off-lesbian-character-a6945491.html

Really thought this was a wind-up, but apparently it is not.

Been a backlash on TWD killing a lesbian! Apparently that is 3 totally unrelated shows where a lesbian has been killed off.

How ridiculous! Been a number of black characters killed off during the show, why not complain every time a black character is topped!

Ooh, can of worms! Are they killing off more females than males? More people with short hair than long hair? All those in yellow polo tops and sandals?

Users who are viewing this thread