Was this Coventry City's worst ever transfer window? (1 Viewer)

steve82

Without a doubt!

Failed to maximise the capabilities the budget realistically had, and notably the free transfer market. Heavily reliant on loans and as a result created a side with a youthful weak mentality not up to the demands of a League one campaign

Was this Coventry City's worst ever transfer window?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

skyblueeyesrevisited

Too many loans?
Sterling and Thomas arguably two of our best performers and Chaplin on loan but permanent in January.
That’s a lot less loans than previous seasons.

no_loyalty

Yes, Mowbray gambled on signing quality players from the higher league and it failed miserably.

Nick

Administrator
Was this the one where Mowbray was chasing championship players or was that the one before?

Brighton Sky Blue

Even this accumulation of garbage probably shouldn't have been relegated, and almost certainly shouldn't have been miles adrift at the bottom.

pusbccfc

Of course, there are people who consider Mowbray one of our great managers.

skybluetony176

Of course, there are people who consider Mowbray one of our great managers.

That’s true. Some were even insisting that he was a premier league quality manager and lambasting anyone who dared point out that he’d dropped to league one as he was having to rebuild his managerial career.

Brighton Sky Blue

That’s true. Some were even insisting that he was a premier league quality manager and lambasting anyone who dared point out that he’d dropped to league one as he was having to rebuild his managerial career.

Anyone who ballses up the Celtic job needs questions asked.

Adge

Without a doubt!

Failed to maximise the capabilities the budget realistically had, and notably the free transfer market. Heavily reliant on loans and as a result created a side with a youthful weak mentality not up to the demands of a League one campaign

Was this Coventry City's worst ever transfer window?

Wasn’t Bigirimana another in that pile of dung who was signed permanently in the summer?

steve82

For me TM’s ability to manage the players and tactically I was happy with, but his recruitment was brought into question at this level.

The lack of knowledge of the level he was what failed him, with the refusal to adapt and go into the free transfer market and make the best of a summer failed the club.

10 games in he was very deflated and knew the situation ahead and rightfully walked away a bruised beaten man from his time over last his final months at the club.

steve82

Yawn. Why don't you do another thread about slade the saviour?

Or are we all supposed to forget that one?

Oh hello, I will when the telegraph write about the worst manager.
Today it’s was this Coventry city’s worst ever transfer window.

For a man who is always right surely you can see it was

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Mowbray was the catalyst that got us relegated.

It all started with him. Slade merely pulled the pin out of the grenade he was already given.

Awful, awful transfer window. I remember them pulling season tickets about a week before the transfer window closed. That sounded alarm bells for me and helped me make the correct decision in not buying one.

Paul Anthony

Whilst the summer window of that season was bad, don't forget the January window of the season before that was pretty shocking too. Maybe it was something of a warning sign for what was to come.

pusbccfc

Whilst the summer window of that season was bad, don't forget the January window of the season before that was pretty shocking too. Maybe it was something of a warning sign for what was to come.

That was the issue. After Christmas that season he well and truly messed it up.

Considering our team that beat Crewe around New Year, to finish the season with Stephen Hunt, Lorentzson, Darius Henderson, Tudgay, Fortune and Bigi says it all.

Users who are viewing this thread