Wasps current finances & hope (1 Viewer)

Rusty Trombone

No I will support watching them on TV and for cup finals.
A bit like most of our (CCFC) fans.
Do you think it's fair that Wasps get to tell the Council which events at the Ricoh need street parking restrictions, which has happened for all of our league home games, when the Green Plan states that only games with an attendance over 10,000 should have parking restrictions? Surely it's a massive conflict of interest, seeing as Wasps, and some others, benefit from charging people to park.

italiahorse

Do you think it's fair that Wasps get to tell the Council which events at the Ricoh need street parking restrictions, which has happened for all of our league home games, when the Green Plan states that only games with an attendance over 10,000 should have parking restrictions? Surely it's a massive conflict of interest, seeing as Wasps, and some others, benefit from charging people to park.
When the signs go up do they know the crowd size is the question.
I see your point on CCFC matches which currently are well below 10,000.
Having said that is it fair for locals to have cars parked outside their houses preventing visitors ?
Offsite parking is only about £4 for secure parking.

italiahorse

Says a lot when after you write our, you have to put CCFC in brackets you wasps loving cretin.
Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Saves confusion in this thread for any insulting CCFC fan frothing all over it.
Always know I've won the argument when the insults start.
Got anything else worth saying ?

covmark

Saves confusion in this thread for any insulting CCFC fan frothing all over it.
Always know I've won the argument when the insults start.
Got anything else worth saying ?
What argument? There's no argument to be had. You benefit from Wasps being here, therefore you peddle their bullshit on here. Which in turn makes you a cretin.

fernandopartridge

Is that true? If so, it's a scandal

Rusty Trombone

When the signs go up do they know the crowd size is the question.
I see your point on CCFC matches which currently are well below 10,000.
Having said that is it fair for locals to have cars parked outside their houses preventing visitors ?
Offsite parking is only about £4 for secure parking.
Well the question was do you think it's a conflict of interest that the people who make money from parking get to decide whether people need to pay to park, but it would seem odd that anyone could disagree, so I'll assume you do agree.
I think I could predict those attendances that would be less than 10k with more accuracy than is being achieved at the moment, how many times have they been right this season, once or twice I'd imagine.
Unless you have a dropped kerb etc, then you have to accept that people have the right to park on the road.
I think having to pay to park makes the day out more expensive, and would be enough to stop some people attending as many games as they would if parking was not an issue.

italiahorse

Well the question was do you think it's a conflict of interest that the people who make money from parking get to decide whether people need to pay to park, but it would seem odd that anyone could disagree, so I'll assume you do agree.
I think I could predict those attendances that would be less than 10k with more accuracy than is being achieved at the moment, how many times have they been right this season, once or twice I'd imagine.
Unless you have a dropped kerb etc, then you have to accept that people have the right to park on the road.
I think having to pay to park makes the day out more expensive, and would be enough to stop some people attending as many games as they would if parking was not an issue.

The parking was a condition of the planning permission for the stadium to protect local residents.

Green travel plan for Ricoh Arena | Planning obligation (section 106 agreements) | Coventry City Council

Rusty Trombone

I suggest the question needs to be asked for current football games.
I did ask, but as the question is going to a private company rather the Council there isn't really any accountability, it's a stich up. They say due to the walk up they can't estimate that the crowd would be less than 10,000. Like I say, I reckon I could do a much better job of estimating whether there will be 10,000 attending or not, as we all could. Their success rate of complying with the Green Plan must be around 10%, it's a disgrace.

I'm a little surprised the club isn't challenging these attendance estimates, maybe they think they will take more in their cut of parking rather than benefitting from more people attending.

fernandopartridge

I did ask, but as the question is going to a private company rather the Council there isn't really any accountability, it's a stich up. They say due to the walk up they can't estimate that the crowd would be less than 10,000. Like I say, I reckon I could do a much better job of estimating whether there will be 10,000 attending or not, as we all could. Their success rate of complying with the Green Plan must be around 10%, it's a disgrace.

I'm a little surprised the club isn't challenging these attendance estimates, maybe they think they will take more in their cut of parking rather than benefitting from more people attending.
Maybe it suits the club to let the council and their playmate continue to appear to operate against the club's perceived best interests

stupot07

What a disgrace, we've only had two 10k+ crowds all season - the opening game vs Notts County 10, 350 and the offer game against Accrington. Most league attendance's have been 6500 -8k and nowhere near 10k.

Surely its easy enough to ask the club 2-3 days before for a realistic forecast.

italiahorse

Not sure how it would go down if the car parks were empty and the streets were full.
The original intention was to try and force people not to use their cars and use public transport and walk.
However it is very difficult to walk (or bike) from some directions. They seem to have forgot about walkways and cycle tracks.
Don't get me started on disabled friends on mobility scooters coming from Bedworth and the dangers they take on.
The details say that car park charges should be "at least" the cost of public transport + 25%.

Captain Dart

We will get the sponsorship in our new stadium according to TF though.
No hold on the OpCo PropCo will. Or was it Coco the clown or something? ;)
They won't change the seats just the words. Only trouble is making something out of CCFCSKYBLUES letters (Any ideas?)

Here is my idea for a sponsor, the Raid Arena.
upload_2018-3-8_9-18-3.jpeg

Nick

Administrator
Not sure how it would go down if the car parks were empty and the streets were full.
The original intention was to try and force people not to use their cars and use public transport and walk.
However it is very difficult to walk (or bike) from some directions. They seem to have forgot about walkways and cycle tracks.
Don't get me started on disabled friends on mobility scooters coming from Bedworth and the dangers they take on.
The details say that car park charges should be "at least" the cost of public transport + 25%.

Go down with who?

I think it was said from the start it's there for when events are over 10k wasn't it? If the event isn't over 10k like most of ours haven't been then in theory should be able to park on the road.

italiahorse

Go down with who?

I think it was said from the start it's there for when events are over 10k wasn't it? If the event isn't over 10k like most of ours haven't been then in theory should be able to park on the road.

With the residence around the stadium.
Yes it did say over 10,000 but as has been said above up to this season it has been difficult to predict.

Terry Gibson's perm

It was the most stupid decision made by people who either don’t go or don’t use cars and I am sure if the council wanted to change it now they could, I live in Nuneaton and was offered the park at ride at Whitley so had to drive past the ground twice I wrote to the club and surprisingly I heard nothing back.

italiahorse

It was the most stupid decision made by people who either don’t go or don’t use cars and I am sure if the council wanted to change it now they could, I live in Nuneaton and was offered the park at ride at Whitley so had to drive past the ground twice I wrote to the club and surprisingly I heard nothing back.

That was some time ago.
Park and ride always seems difficult to me when there is lots of traffic.
It's not used for the football.
If your coming from Nuneaton parking at Wayside is convenient if you can walk okay.
Offsite parking at £4 for the day seems okay to me ?

Terry Gibson's perm

That was some time ago.
Park and ride always seems difficult to me when there is lots of traffic.
It's not used for the football.
If your coming from Nuneaton parking at Wayside is convenient if you can walk okay.
Offsite parking at £4 for the day seems okay to me ?

I park for free five minutes walk from the ground as my Nan lives just down the road, it was just a comment that from the start it has benn a shambles

chiefdave

Then they should have objected when the travel plan was written. Its very straightforward, the travel plan says no parking restrictions for a crowd of less than 10K. That is being ignored for our games and that decision is being taken by Wasps who profit if people can't park on the street.

italiahorse

Then they should have objected when the travel plan was written. Its very straightforward, the travel plan says no parking restrictions for a crowd of less than 10K. That is being ignored for our games and that decision is being taken by Wasps who profit if people can't park on the street.

At the time there was no visibility of Sub 10,000 crowds so they probably never gave it much thought.
Non football sub 10K crowds do exist and you can park on the road but they are not regular and I guess not a problem.
The green travel plan was to stop cars so perhaps we need to do something like Brighton where I believe if you have a match ticket public transport is free.
It's this season where you can all but guarantee sub 10K crowds that there is an issue so hopefully the problem goes next year ?
Can't blame locals for not wanting people parking outside their houses when parking does exist.

Rusty Trombone

Really? How?
I emailed the Council and they replied saying it was ACL that make the decision, and I emailed ACL stating the 10k requirement, and they said it's too hard to predict. Which is obviously very profitable for them (they didn't say that bit).

stupot07

At the time there was no visibility of Sub 10,000 crowds so they probably never gave it much thought.
Non football sub 10K crowds do exist and you can park on the road but they are not regular and I guess not a problem.
The green travel plan was to stop cars so perhaps we need to do something like Brighton where I believe if you have a match ticket public transport is free.
It's this season where you can all but guarantee sub 10K crowds that there is an issue so hopefully the problem goes next year ?
Can't blame locals for not wanting people parking outside their houses when parking does exist.
But the locals haven't had a voice, its acl/wasps that are making the decision, a decision that they financially benefit from.

italiahorse

But the locals haven't had a voice, its acl/wasps that are making the decision, a decision that they financially benefit from.

Yes, sounds like Wasps benefit from decision but so do the residents.
Difficult to change particularly if the Green Plan is trying to prevent travelling by car and parking in the street contradicts that..

fernandopartridge

Yes, sounds like Wasps benefit from decision but so do the residents.
Difficult to change particularly if the Green Plan is trying to prevent travelling by car and parking in the street contradicts that..
The green plan only applies with gates over a threshold of 10k. Stop ignoring that key point!

Users who are viewing this thread