Wednesday fan in peace! (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Look this way lads the smaller teams be looking at us as the big guns in the league getting to go to the mighty ricoh arena 32,500 seater staduim least well have best staduim in the league, then well under achieve :facepalm:

Thought i would have a quick look at Charlton and Sheff Utd

Charlton brought in 18 permanent signings and 1 loan signing this season

Sheff Utd brought in 9 permanent signings and 8 loan signings this season

Wow. I can't see that happening for city the way things stand.

However, I'll be quite glad if CCFC even exists next season. :(

Brighton Sky Blue

In response to the OP, I think his views are in keeping with the majority opinion here-but as I've said before, League 1 will be so much better without the spectre of SISU hanging over us; their reign is surely as untenable as untenable can get from all parties' points of view. Personally got a lot of time for Wednesday (the 'Hi Ho Silver Lining' they sang at the Ricoh in memory of the fans who died returning from City is something that sticks out)-usually see them as the nicer of the two Sheffield sides (United have dirty all over them courtesy of Colin) and would much sooner see them return automatically.
The thing that sticks out though, is that they're being bankrolled by Mandaric. Saints have Liebherr (and now his family estate), Leicester likewise had Mandaric to ensure relatively swift returns. As such, I think the ownership situation is what will have the most bearing on our fortunes next year above anything else-as everything else is more or less dependent on who the owners are (manager, players, staff, pricing etc).

SkyBlueUkeman

I think most of us know the reality on here. I wanted to go to Hillsborough next season but it looks like your on the way out of League one. This relegation malarkey gets even worse.

Always got a lot of time for Sheffield Wed fans. Indeed there seems to be a strong link with us fan wise. I remember that awful day when the Wednesday fans were involved in a fatal crash after our game with them. Good people, massive club and my favourite ground so many happy memories at Hillsborough. Beating you in the cup then going back to do Leeds in the semi was the second best day I have ever experienced as a City fan. Hope you boys get yourselves promoted and get back up into the promised land once more. You'll find a lot of Cov fans have a soft spot for you lot. Good luck you Owls. Well meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but well meet again some sunny day. PUSB

rob9872

I don't remember the Hi-Ho silver lining for any special reason. I know they sing it but can't recall the accident or their rendition at all. Does anyone have a link please? I guess I'm getting old :(

Otis

It was really moving when Wednesday sang Hi Ho Silver Lining and all the City fans joined in.

Brought the two clubs much closer together.

King-Dion

When we were in the top flight I spent many years dreading the drop, as I always figured that if we ever went down that we'd never get back up again. What I never banked on was being relegated again, to where we came from back in about 1964. If we are honest, we weren't too good to go down this season. We could not win those last few winable games that we played, against average opposition. But the darkest hour is the one before the dawn. Let us hope and pray for a minor miracle next season.

Covstu

it is going to be a very difficult season, given rumours of admin that could put a more interesting spin on things also! Lets hope our youngsters can 'come good' next season and make a mark fro themselves (whether we keep them after that is a different story). We need some battlers and journeymen to get you out of this league!

stupot07

It was really moving when Wednesday sang Hi Ho Silver Lining and all the City fans joined in.

Brought the two clubs much closer together.

It certainly was moving,really showed a real mutual respect between our two clubs.

Last edited:

blueflint

its only a game not to me3 its not its about passion pride and entertainment fingers toes all crossed

Users who are viewing this thread