Wembley disappointment (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Yeah whatever.

I've stated on this forum numerous times that I personally dislike all religion and those that use it to commit abhorrent acts.

I like in the UK gay capital and one of my best mates is Jewish, so nice try. :)

Do you think in general the Muslim community in general is more, less or the same in its attitude to homosexuals.

I’m honestly interested - I don’t want sidetracks on catholics in Africa or priests in Ireland as it blinds the debate.

I think they have an attitude that’s on par with this counties white population had in the 50’s

You?

Sick Boy

Do you think in general the Muslim community in general is more, less or the same in its attitude to homosexuals.

I’m honestly interested - I don’t want sidetracks on catholics in Africa or priests in Ireland as it blinds the debate.

I think they have an attitude that’s on par with this counties white population had in the 50’s

You?

As a whole I'd say less tolerant to be sure, but I tend to take people on face value myself. I have a Muslim shopkeeper across the street who is definitely not homophobic and have a couple of on and off relationships with Muslim girls back in the day and we were open about it and they definitely weren't bigoted.

I also had a relationship with a Sikh girl back when I was 15 but had to keep it a secret from her grandparents as I was white.

You'll counter intolerance in all walks of life, sadly.

singers_pore

Yeah whatever.

I've stated on this forum numerous times that I personally dislike all religion and those that use it to commit abhorrent acts.

I like in the UK gay capital and one of my best mates is Jewish, so nice try. :)

And yet you still refuse to condemn the verses in the Quran that call for the murder of apostates, Jews and homosexuals. It's really not that difficult.

CovBurty

My Wembley disappointment was being stuck up in the cloud seats. 6/7 rows from the back. Surrounded by the most boring City fans I've met. When I shouted/sung, a guy in front off told me to be quiet. I told him to get some ear plugs. Hated being up so high. Was there because my son in law decided he wanted to go with his mates. So had to wait for them to buy cheap seats. Should've bought my own ticket and met him after game. Next year maybe, now Robins is staying on for another year.

singers_pore

Spot on, all the ills in the world at the moment are bourne from the West’s insatiable
Appetite for Oil, it’s all about cash, religion is a false and convenient object of blame.

Right .... so oil explains the rape of Yazidi girls by ISIS ... and the cover-up of child rape in the Catholic church, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon church ... and well-educated religious lunatics flying planes into buildings.

Brylowes

No you haven't. If you insist that you have already done so then you won't mind doing it this time will you?
I haven’t read the Quran ‘or for that matter the bible, they are both outdated scriptures
Based on lies and fairy dust, what is very real however are people.
The willingness to demonise a whole Race, Religion, faith whatever you want to call it
Is terrifying and has been done before ‘not so long ago and we know the horrors of that.

Brylowes

Right .... so oil explains the rape of Yazidi girls by ISIS ... and the cover-up of child rape in the Catholic church, Jehovah's Witnesses and Mormon church ... and well-educated religious lunatics flying planes into buildings.
Ok you’re right, money doesn’t make the world go round after all, we’re not robots
And because we’re not robots we have the ability to think for ourselves.
But if you really believe we think for ourselves without massive guidance from those
Who are set to profit most, then well...

singers_pore

I haven’t read the Quran ‘or for that matter the bible, they are both outdated scriptures
Based on lies and fairy dust, what is very real however are people.
The willingness to demonise a whole Race, Religion, faith whatever you want to call it
Is terrifying and has been done before ‘not so long ago and we know the horrors of that.

What is terrifying is that so many people take the Bible or Quran as the perfect word of God. If you had read those appalling books you would understand why that is so dangerous. But you haven’t, and so you don’t.

The Lurker

I can see where I am with you....What I don’t understand is why you come on here giving
It ‘not that I agree with him’ and ‘he makes a lot of sense if you listen to him’
Your as rascist as they come, so at least have the balls to tie your colours to the mast
What is your definition of racist?

One of Tommy Robinson’s best mates is black. Being against a religion is not racist. Racist is to do with skin colour. The term racist gets banded about too frequently nowadays. Most stories nowadays involves Muslim grooming gangs targeting young white girls.

Malaka

Yeah we did as well. Took my dad to Crewe and we had dickheads next to us making anti-Irish comments. To be fair they toned it down when my dad started speaking but managed to get them back when we scored ;)
I bet they were singing "We've Got Michael Doyle" Fucking uneducated idiots, I hate racist's

Malaka

Sharia law in my understanding is to deal with family disputes etc. I'm pretty sure we have our own versions i.e. ACAS is there to arbitrate to avoid tribunals, family mediation to stop lengthy divorce disputes. Surely they are Sharia in all but name?

pastythegreat

Sharia law in my understanding is to deal with family disputes etc. I'm pretty sure we have our own versions i.e. ACAS is there to arbitrate to avoid tribunals, family mediation to stop lengthy divorce disputes. Surely they are Sharia in all but name?
So last time you wife cheated on you, you stoned her to death in the middle of town?
Or gave your daughter 20 lashes for having her skirt too short when she went to school?
Thought not!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The Lurker

Nobody's ever used that defence before...
if someone was as racist as people say, surely his black, Asian mates would disown him? when people are challenged with tell us what racist comments tommy Robinson has said, people can’t answer it. Why? Because he’s never said anything racist.

NorthernWisdom

if someone was as racist as people say, surely his black, Asian mates would disown him? when people are challenged with tell us what racist comments tommy Robinson has said, people can’t answer it. Why? Because he’s never said anything racist.
People have pointed out on the other thread. They probably can't be bothered to sdo it again to narrow-minded defenders of a high-profile bigotr such as Robinson.

Are you so ignorant to assume that racism is as narrow as you seem to want to make it? Why do you want to make racism so narrow? Why do you wish to defend a bigot such as Robinson?

NorthernWisdom

Oh, it's worth pointing out the term racist isn't bandied about too much nowadays either. I've never been called racist... as far as I'm aware my friends haven't been called racist. If I was I'd ask myself why, and if it was a one-off I might consider the accuser mad, but if it was 'bandied about' by many, I might start to ask myself why.

The Lurker

People have pointed out on the other thread. They probably can't be bothered to sdo it again to narrow-minded defenders of a high-profile bigotr such as Robinson.

Are you so ignorant to assume that racism is as narrow as you seem to want to make it? Why do you want to make racism so narrow? Why do you wish to defend a bigot such as Robinson?
I’m asking you? You keep saying racist but no proof. What a Bollocks reply in general from you. If TR ever said anything racist he would have been arrested for it. Defend a bigot? I defend someone who has the bollocks to say it as it is. Grooming gangs rife up and down the country including here in Cov. 23,000 potential Islamic terrorists on our island. MP’s like Diane Abbott and Lammy using the race card at every opportunity. Black gangs murdering people on a daily basis. Knife crime sky high. All these things are facts but pointing them out is being caused racist.its easy to call someone racist but the problem is bigger but no-one wants to tackle it due to being called racist

The Lurker

Oh, it's worth pointing out the term racist isn't bandied about too much nowadays either. I've never been called racist... as far as I'm aware my friends haven't been called racist. If I was I'd ask myself why, and if it was a one-off I might consider the accuser mad, but if it was 'bandied about' by many, I might start to ask myself why.

People said brexit was racist. How?

clint van damme

Sick Boy is the person that refused to condemn the verses in the Quran that call for the murder of apostates, Jews and homosexuals. He has no clue.

but you can find all of that in the bible as well. Both are a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned but most people cherry pick out the bits they like and ignore nonsense like that. Unfortunately there are a minority that don't.

NorthernWisdom

but you can find all of that in the bible as well. Both are a load of bollocks as far as I'm concerned but most people cherry pick out the bits they like and ignore nonsense like that. Unfortunately there are a minority that don't.
They're mythic texts, and people make whatever meaning they want out of them.

Because some make disturbing, inhumane, barbaric readings doesn't mean all do.

The sooner we can stop labelling as all, is the sooner we can try and progress to find a way to solving the problem of the some.

pastythegreat

They're mythic texts, and people make whatever meaning they want out of them.

Because some make disturbing, inhumane, barbaric readings doesn't mean all do.

The sooner we can stop labelling as all, is the sooner we can try and progress to find a way to solving the problem of the some.
Who said ALL? That's your words! Nobody else's! That's you assuming that were ALL racist! Not a single person on this thread have said that ALL Muslims that practice Islam are terrorists. Nor has anybody said they ALL want to live under sharia law!
The problem isn't people opposing Islam, the problem is Islam itself. It's outdated. Unlike every other religion it's not keeping up with modern times.
I mean every religion has it's dinasours. Look at that baker in N.Ireland, he wouldn't do that cake for the gay wedding or whatever it was, every single tabloid in the country absolutely slated HIM for his beliefs (rightly or wrongly). So using your logic, every single last one of them is racist? Because when I (Or anyone else) bad mouths Islam they are automatically racist!
The vast majority of Christians nowadays are updated and things like gay marriage in churches are happening. Yet Islam is still killing people for being gay! And killing people for talking ill about Islam (see Charlie hebdo for this). Yet were called racist for opposing this.

pastythegreat

That's a totalising ALL right there.

The rest of your post is almost as nonsensical as your made-up words argument!
So you're denying Islam is outdated and barbaric?
Yes, ALL! ALL people with such blinkered views like you are the problem! Not the Tommy Robinson's or his followers! You! You and ALL YOUR KIND!
The sort of people who listen to and believe people like Sadiq Khan and the shit he spews daily! Blindly leading us all up a "non racist" path where every single happy go lucky fucker gets there own mosque and 40 virgins!

Malaka

So last time you wife cheated on you, you stoned her to death in the middle of town?
Or gave your daughter 20 lashes for having her skirt too short when she went to school?
Thought not!

Did I say what the sentences dished out were? I just said in principal it is the same thing but obviously sentences are not legally binding only by the court system. Don't get yourself in a twist. In principal there is nothing wrong with mediation.

singers_pore

Yes indeed. And I oppose the Bible for exactly the same reason. The religious fundamentalists are the problem, those who believe their holy book to be the perfect word of god. People highlight Islam because there are far more fundamentalists in Islam than in Christianity which is why Islam poses the greater danger to our society. The problem is that most people do not recognize the dangers or the prevalence of fundamentalism.

Grendel

So you're denying Islam is outdated and barbaric?
Yes, ALL! ALL people with such blinkered views like you are the problem! Not the Tommy Robinson's or his followers! You! You and ALL YOUR KIND!
The sort of people who listen to and believe people like Sadiq Khan and the shit he spews daily! Blindly leading us all up a "non racist" path where every single happy go lucky fucker gets there own mosque and 40 virgins!

I don’t believe a single thing the toady Khan says.

Also I’ve if said when people like Sarah Campion speak and then are demoted for a valid opinion this isn’t helpful.

The problem though is Mr Robinson (I assume you should refer to him by one of his other names as I’d imagine he has to use his real one in prison) is someone who has a rather unpleasant agenda - namely to encourage hatred and violence - it’s a very old trick employed by his type. Get onto a single agenda and get support on that then carry on with his Nazi style of politics.

The notion of a conspiracy is up there with Elvis faking his death. He literally threw himself into prison - no doubt to be the victim in all this. Which of course he isn’t.

Users who are viewing this thread