Wembley disappointment (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

I think this thread is starting to illustrate why you should never discuss certain subjects down the pub. If we all went into a big room together blindfolded, how quickly would we be able to work out who we were supposed to hate - Villa fans, Sunderland fans, Muslims, people with funny coloured skin, racists, gays, ugly people. How on earth would we cope?

pastythegreat

I think this thread is starting to illustrate why you should never discuss certain subjects down the pub. If we all went into a big room together blindfolded, how quickly would we be able to work out who we were supposed to hate - Villa fans, Sunderland fans, Muslims, people with funny coloured skin, racists, gays, ugly people. How on earth would we cope?
Add w***s, Tim Fisher, SISU and the council to that list please?!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The Lurker

Oh, it's worth pointing out the term racist isn't bandied about too much nowadays either. I've never been called racist... as far as I'm aware my friends haven't been called racist. If I was I'd ask myself why, and if it was a one-off I might consider the accuser mad, but if it was 'bandied about' by many, I might start to ask myself why.

One day after this you have toure coming out saying pep is racist. perfect example of the race card being used because he wasn’t playing. It makes a mockery of the real cases of racism

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You encounter inequality and nastiness in all walks of life, whether that is towards women, gays, non-believers, or innocent civilians in general.

That said, if you cannot see that consistently the worst offenders wherever you go are from the Islamic faith then at this point I think it is pretty hard to convince you otherwise. Of course you get your Tommy Robinsons and your Anders Breivik's which are a problem, but for every one of those, you have about another 5 willing to drive a car into you for the sake of Allah. Wherever there is Islam, there is misogyny, homophobia, and intolerance towards anyone who doesn't follow the same thinking.

There's tolerance and there is blind ignorance and appeasement, and it pisses me off when people try to whinge about it. We are one of the most tolerant nations on the planet, so much so that I would argue we are now being taking the piss out of. Our capital city is probably just about minority British, yet we still get on with it. How fucking dare people then kick off and say shit like 'British people are racists', just for disliking the EU, or wanting to kick out foreign scroungers or terrorists. Even being against stuff like halal gets a backlash. I love animals so I find it upsetting that this is now getting more widespread but get shit for it. Where are people's morals over that? It's so dull and boring, and I'm pretty sick of it. I think some of those people need to get a sense of perspective over how tolerant we are and grasp that we are a cool and favourable place to live for outsiders because of it.

I go by the notion that you should always judge someone as an individual, though that might surprise some who have misconceptions about me. I've met so many interesting people from all walks of life regardless of their background. It must be said though, I do not believe and western society and Islam are compatible, and I think we are in for a rough future because of it.

clint van damme

You encounter inequality and nastiness in all walks of life, whether that is towards women, gays, non-believers, or innocent civilians in general.

That said, if you cannot see that consistently the worst offenders wherever you go are from the Islamic faith then at this point I think it is pretty hard to convince you otherwise. Of course you get your Tommy Robinsons and your Anders Breivik's which are a problem, but for every one of those, you have about another 5 willing to drive a car into you for the sake of Allah. Wherever there is Islam, there is misogyny, homophobia, and intolerance towards anyone who doesn't follow the same thinking.

There's tolerance and there is blind ignorance and appeasement, and it pisses me off when people try to whinge about it. We are one of the most tolerant nations on the planet, so much so that I would argue we are now being taking the piss out of. Our capital city is probably just about minority British, yet we still get on with it. How fucking dare people then kick off and say shit like 'British people are racists', just for disliking the EU, or wanting to kick out foreign scroungers or terrorists. Even being against stuff like halal gets a backlash. I love animals so I find it upsetting that this is now getting more widespread but get shit for it. Where are people's morals over that? It's so dull and boring, and I'm pretty sick of it. I think some of those people need to get a sense of perspective over how tolerant we are and grasp that we are a cool and favourable place to live for outsiders because of it.

I go by the notion that you should always judge someone as an individual, though that might surprise some who have misconceptions about me. I've met so many interesting people from all walks of life regardless of their background. It must be said though, I do not believe and western society and Islam are compatible, and I think we are in for a rough future because of it.

as an animal lover why don't you mention kosher which is actually crueller as halal allows animals to be stunned, (though I don't think it's common practice), but kosher doesn't?

pastythegreat

as an animal lover why don't you mention kosher which is actually crueller as halal allows animals to be stunned, (though I don't think it's common practice), but kosher doesn't?
Because were forced into eating Halal meats if we want to eat out. A massive % of eateries now serve Halal. Including all the big chains like McDonald's and Subway. My not wanting to eat Halal is nothing to do with any religious shit that's been praised on it, it's purely because of how it was killed. Much the same if I walked into KFC and they were serving Kosher chicken.

clint van damme

Because were forced into eating Halal meats if we want to eat out. A massive % of eateries now serve Halal. Including all the big chains like McDonald's and Subway. My not wanting to eat Halal is nothing to do with any religious shit that's been praised on it, it's purely because of how it was killed. Much the same if I walked into KFC and they were serving Kosher chicken.

to me, people banging on about halal are just using it as an excuse for their anti muslim agenda. Pretty much all meat production is cruel, it makes no odds to me if it's halal or not. I'm a meat eater but if people care that much about animals then they'd be vegan.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I hate that just as much, but it is not crawling into our schools and restaurants in the same way.

If you hate the idea of it to then say so, don't try and be clever please Clint. Any animal suffering is bad, but it is clear as day to anyone that there is one particular sort which is growing in popularity in the UK. If it was stunned all the time (like in New Zealand) I would have less of a problem with it, but quite often it is not. The argument is 'that is the pure way'.

It is disgusting to be honest. :(

clint van damme

I hate that just as much, but it is not crawling into our schools and restaurants in the same way.

If you hate the idea of it to then say so, don't try and be clever please Clint. Any animal suffering is bad, but it is clear as day to anyone that there is one particular sort which is growing in popularity in the UK. If it was stunned all the time (like in New Zealand) I would have less of a problem with it, but quite often it is not. The argument is 'that is the pure way'.

It is disgusting to be honest. :(

all meat production is cruel, as is the use of animal produce in other products. I personally wouldn't single one out. Perhaps organic is not as cruel as the others.
I just think if an individual really cares about animal welfare then they'd be vegan.

pastythegreat

all meat production is cruel, as is the use of animal produce in other products. I personally wouldn't single one out. Perhaps organic is not as cruel as the others.
I just think if an individual really cares about animal welfare then they'd be vegan.
Or just eat it after it been KILLED IN A HUMANE WAY. NOT BLED TO DEATH!

clint van damme

Or just eat it after it been KILLED IN A HUMANE WAY. NOT BLED TO DEATH!

but the meat we eat isn't raised or killed in a humane way. It may be more humane that halal or kosher but we treat animals appallingly.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

There is a difference between halal and the rest. A clear difference. I am actually a vegetarian now largely because of it. I grew up eating meat but to be honest I felt incredibly guilty about, and not knowing where it has come from too, so I stopped about two years ago.

You've gone through my whole post and singled that out, but it is wrong. How can animal rights get worse?

clint van damme

There is a difference between halal and the rest. A clear difference. I am actually a vegetarian now largely because of it. I grew up eating meat but to be honest I felt incredibly guilty about, and not knowing where it has come from too, so I stopped about two years ago.

You've gone through my whole post and singled that out, but it is wrong. How can animal rights get worse?

there isn't a difference between halal and kosher except for the prayer said during the ceremony and the fact halal can be stunned.
If you're a vegetarian then fair play, but the meat industry is a cruel industry, I think it's hypocritical to single out certain parts of it to fit a political agenda.

Nick

Administrator
Must admit, I have absolutely no idea if most of the food I eat is Halal or not. Never checked.

It would probably be a full time job researching every supplier, bollocks to that.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

there isn't a difference between halal and kosher except for the prayer said during the ceremony and the fact halal can be stunned.
If you're a vegetarian then fair play, but the meat industry is a cruel industry, I think it's hypocritical to single out certain parts of it to fit a political agenda.

It's not to suit a certain agenda, halal is worse than normal meat. Kosher is terrible but doesn't come into it really as it's not growing in popularity across the country in the same way.

As I said, I cannot be sure where it is coming from so just stay clear of it. Might even shack up with Grendel!

Grendel

but the meat we eat isn't raised or killed in a humane way. It may be more humane that halal or kosher but we treat animals appallingly.

It can be. If you agree with the principals of CWF. There is a point here actually. Kosher is really only consumed by the Jewish community. We do allow halal slaughter to become the norm in mass slaughterhouses so it fits in with a tiny minority’s view. That’s really not logical and I assure you there is no non halal alternative in Muslim countries. Therefore it’s nit unreasonable to argue that the religion in a minority should not expect a priority treatment - but it does get that.

clint van damme

It can be. If you agree with the principals of CWF. There is a point here actually. Kosher is really only consumed by the Jewish community. We do allow halal slaughter to become the norm in mass slaughterhouses so it fits in with a tiny minority’s view. That’s really not logical and I assure you there is no non halal alternative in Muslim countries. Therefore it’s nit unreasonable to argue that the religion in a minority should not expect a priority treatment - but it does get that.

some fair points and I know you're not using it to try and point score as animal welfare is an issue which has always been close to your heart.

pastythegreat

some fair points and I know you're not using it to try and point score as animal welfare is an issue which has always been close to your heart.
So because he has animal welfare at heart it's good points well made? Because it's not my main priority I'm just point scoring in the war against Muslims?

pastythegreat

to me, people banging on about halal are just using it as an excuse for their anti muslim agenda. Pretty much all meat production is cruel, it makes no odds to me if it's halal or not. I'm a meat eater but if people care that much about animals then they'd be vegan.
You did...... here.
"Excuse for anti Muslim agenda" you said.
Yet Grendel make pretty much the same point as I did and it's good points well made!

pastythegreat

My reply to Grendel was a reply to you? OK.
Your replay to me was a reply to me! My point was virtually the same as Grendel yet I was point scoring against Muslims and Grendel has animals best interests at heart?!?!
Same point! Different outcome! How's that then?

clint van damme

Your replay to me was a reply to me! My point was virtually the same as Grendel yet I was point scoring against Muslims and Grendel has animals best interests at heart?!?!

i've never seen you mention animal welfare before, Grendel has consistently.
He also gave a half decent answer to my query as to why people bang on about halal but not kosher, (don't actually agree with it 100%).
It looked to me as though you're pursuing an agenda, I may be wrong, but lets be honest, it happens all the time on here.

Grendel

I’m sure Tommy Robinson is against it as well but for a somewhat different reason I am

Captain Dart

I have a major objection to religious slaughter because it involves a fee paid to the religion for the pointless practise of saying a prayer before the act.

Ask yourself where that money goes?

How the hell did this topic change from Wembley disappointment to this discussion?

clint van damme

I have a major objection to religious slaughter because it involves a fee paid to the religion for the pointless practise of saying a prayer before the act.

Ask yourself where that money goes?

How the hell did this topic change from Wembley disappointment to this discussion?

well that's another argument with regard to Halal licensing. Thing is, if it's true, and someone on a football forum knows about it then surely the authorities must know about it then why the hell aren't they putting a stop to it?

pastythegreat

well that's another argument with regard to Halal licensing. Thing is, if it's true, and someone on a football forum knows about it then surely the authorities must know about it then why the hell aren't they putting a stop to it?
Because people like you and Northern Wisdom will tell them that they're racist islamaphobes

Users who are viewing this thread