Votes: 153 92.2%
  • Nah

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters

Grendel

However...

It's maybe not the time for such debates, but there are plenty of reasons why not to give the club your money, and it's up to the club to reach out and make sure it keeps people. He might be a bit of a mentalist ;) but if SBK doesn't feel able to give the club his money then... that's a shame, as we need every fan we can get, but he certainly shouldn't be criticised for not doing so.

Unless of course like dadgad and GPE he never would anyway . You can't pick owners I'm afraid and it seems all to convenient to me.

Sky Blue Kid

@ NorthernWisdom.....I know we've not seen eye to eye in the past, and if Wisdom is a blessing then why shouldn't it come from a Northerner ;) Also deep down, I get the impression, YOU see where I'm coming from, don't you? :)

NorthernWisdom

Unless of course like dadgad and GPE he never would anyway . You can't pick owners I'm afraid and it seems all to convenient to me.

You can't pick owners, no... but its up to the owners to make sure everyone's behind them.

We live in interesting times, but it was as ridiculous to have a go at the likes of Ann Lucas for not going when we signed King as it was ridiculous to have a go at people for going to Sixfields... it'd be downright barking to have a go at people for not forgiving and forgetting instantly!

Now those interesting times mean, as far as I'm concerned, I have to put the past behind me and at least see how we go - I can fully see why others might think differently however! It's not like all is suddenly rosy but... we could probably tear ourselves apart getting embroiled in that negativity, so is best we don't go round those endless circles when we actually get some good news for once... but...

skybluetony176

Are you happy we're home by the way? Only I've not noticed you saying one way or the other. Plenty of judging other fans and moaning about car parking cost but I haven't noticed a post from you that says thank god were back or anything like that.

NorthernWisdom

Also deep down, I get the impression, YOU see where I'm coming from, don't you? :)

Amazingly... I do ;)

These interesting times have seen me labelled a little bizarrely by some as pro-SISU when I'm probably more cynical than most about them ;)

However... we are where we are, and that's in the right city now at least!

So in the interests of the need for a bit of good feeling for once, I'll acept the pragmatic stance that at least the most important battle's won, temporarily at least, so a cease fire is in order.

chiefdave

We've always had people who will find an excuse not to go. Not going until Dowie / Coleman / Thorn go, not going because of the parking, not going because of stadium location etc etc. If people don't want to go it's not that hard to find an excuse but you get the impression they are people who won't go no matter what happens.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy........Tell you what pal, why don't you buy a corporate box, invite me, and GPE and pay for GPE's flights to and from Spain, my travel costs and overnight accomodation for both of us. Seeing as you earn 100k pa that's a piss in the ocean to you, and I'll guarantee I'll be at the Ricoh every Home match for as long as we stay in Coventry. Hows that?..Or will you be like.... http://i.imgur.com/Y0tXTtH.gif

Grendel

@ Grenduffy........Tell you what pal, why don't you buy a corporate box, invite me, and GPE and pay for GPE's flights to and from Spain, my travel costs and overnight accomodation for both of us. Seeing as you earn 100k pa that's a piss in the ocean to you, and I'll guarantee I'll be at the Ricoh every Home match for as long as we stay in Coventry. Hows that?..Or will you be like.... http://i.imgur.com/Y0tXTtH.gif

I am thinking of a corporate seat - had one before for a season but I can't see prices yet. Without sounding harsh the dress code probably will exclude you unless you want me to buy you some clothes as well?

letsallsingtogether

Block 16 here we come and yes will even take my bugle don't want to upset anyone with my whistle.:eek::guitar2:

Grendel

Are you happy we're home by the way? Only I've not noticed you saying one way or the other. Plenty of judging other fans and moaning about car parking cost but I haven't noticed a post from you that says thank god were back or anything like that.

I'm not judging other fans - I fully agree that Sixfields attendees pay less for loyalty. No judging at all. Of course I want to see car park charges as I've always parked there.

Otis

Can I just say I'm not a fan of this thread?

I may have got it wrong, but seems to be another way of dividing fans. Lots of people said lots of stuff and lots of people are still coming to terms with it all from yesterday.

This has been an upsetting and confusing time for all CCFC fans, even if some aren't quite ready to put everything behind them, backing them into a corner isn't good for anyone.

I'm sick of superfans, scabs, etc. etc. etc. can't we all be fans again? No more "camps"
No camps? Not sure I approve of your homophobic tone Mr Shmmeee.

Sky Blue Kid

@ Grenduffy....You haven't answered my question Grenduffy. And don't make me laugh about dress code mate. I've got 9 suits ranging from Ted Baker x1, Paul Smith x1 Hugo Boss x2, Armani x2, and Ralph Lauren x3 and a superb Pierre Balmain 3 button cuff Blazer which alone cost me...? It doesn't matter how much I put up here how much it costs...yours would be more expensive wouldn't it lol. Never judge a book by it's cover mate, you just might choke on your own words.

hill83

HA HA HA HA HA

Stand back lads he's in Mensa AND he's got 9 suits!

Amazing.

Samo

Dont mess with the Nine Suit Kid!

skybluetony176

I'm not judging other fans - I fully agree that Sixfields attendees pay less for loyalty. No judging at all. Of course I want to see car park charges as I've always parked there.

Not judging fans? Didn't you just say you'd also have to buy a fan clothes as well if they're going to sit with you. That's very judgemental and on more levels than one.

I never mentioned Suxfields attendees or loyalty but nice diversion as always.

No mention of whether you're happy or not that we're back. I'm taking it that you aren't, you seemed a lot happier when SISU were distressing ACL/CCC.

hill83

I am thinking of a corporate seat - had one before for a season but I can't see prices yet. Without sounding harsh the dress code probably will exclude you unless you want me to buy you some clothes as well?

Dickhead of a post

Sky Blue Kid

@ chiefdave....Was your reply to Grenduffy aimed at me by any chance? If it was, let me ask you a question. Do you know me?...I'll take that as a no then, shall I? What gives you the right to assume I won't go to the Ricoh under any circumstances. I've paid more than my fair share of dues to CCFC owners over 50 or so years, and turned up at HR and the Ricoh including midweek in freezing weather, both home and away, but excluding the 10 years I played football. In my time as a supporter, CCFC owners have all been money grabbers, but the worst parasitic, two faced bunch of lying bast**ds, by a country mile, are this shower of sh**e in charge atm. Every "New owner is a risk"...I understand that, but we've had 7+ years of abysmal ownership, and it's time for a change IMHO. When they piss off, (In the words of Arnie) "I'll be back"

ajsccfc

I know the Ricoh return reduces the amount of things to argue about, but who's got the nicest shoes came right out of leftfield.

chiefdave

@ chiefdave....Was your reply to Grenduffy aimed at me by any chance?

Wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, more a general observation. As long as I've been going (since 86) there's been people making excuses not to go and I get the impression they just like to have a moan. Remove the reason they say they don't go and they just find another one. The move to the Ricoh showed this, I've never had any problem getting up there and parking closer than I ever did at HR but you get all the moans about parking, how hard it is to get there etc. Its probably the same people who phone in to CWR every week to moan and then when they get asked if they were there turns out they weren't.

J

Jack Griffin

Not for the Gillingham game. It's on Sky and I'm working all weekend, so I'll just stay home and watch it online.
I'd have gone if it was a Saturday game, not on Sky, and I wasn't working.

I am really glad that we're back, obviously, but I won't be renewing my ST. The fact is that I haven't really been following the club as closely as I once did. I haven't even switched CWR on for over a year and have rarely come on this forum, whereas before I was obsessed with CCFC. That year of the habit being broken has had a big impact on how much I support the club-you can't not see your team for an entire season and expect it to have no effect.

Those that think that the club has benefited long-term by breaking the lease and getting us a cheaper rent need to consider the impact that the exile in Northampton has had on our core support. I won't be the only one who doesn't go back regularly. I've probably transformed from a ST holder who never misses a game to someone who goes to a couple of games a season. That might change if we get new owners, of course!

There has been a lot of euphoria on this forum following on the announcement of the club's return to the Ricoh, but I'm not sure it has spread throughout the whole of the fanbase that there was before the move to Sixfields. The truth will be in the attendances, though I expect Gillingham to be a huge crowd, what matters is the average at the end of the season and season ticket sales (because that is money upfront).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread