What are Sisu's motives for staying? (1 Viewer)

skybluetony176

Hence the word potential. The club was doing fine before Xmas and no-one gave 2 shits about off the field stuff. We've suffered because of players and manager not being up to the standards they set themselves.

TM was warning everyone to not get carried away long before we looked like slipping pointing to his previous experience with Middlesborough. Seems to me it's the standard that is unrealistic expectations of the fans is the problem not the standard the manager was setting himself. If people cared to listen to him instead of getting carried away they'd probably not be so disapointed now. They only have themselves to blame because they didn't heed the warning, seems TM understood how good this team was all along if you actually listen to what he's been saying all season.

Skyblueweeman

Again, I've never said it was invalid.

It's common sense, I'd expect somebody to be able to get a better opinion if they have seen every game than somebody who has only seen three minute highlights.

It doesn't make any opinion invalid though does it?

It might be a more detailed opinion...it doesn't make it a better opinion.

Ian1779

Boo Hoo, I didn't mention the nasty widdle CCC as well boo hoo. It's common knowledge of late, I've said that CCC were to a certain extent to blame. Still not to the proportion of SISU though. The above comment of mine is NOT a Opinion..... "They will argue that, during that time, the CCFC suffered substantial loss of earnings as a result of “being forced” to move to Northampton. They also claim they suffered reputational damage and will also point to Football League points losses. Sisu sources have suggested the compensation claim could run into hundreds of millions of pounds. Justice Ryder said: “There’s a damages claim which includes loss of points from the Football League. Given that, an appeal should be granted. “There’s a real prospect of relief being obtained should the appeal be successful.” ......... It's a quote taken from Lord Justice Ryder in his words not mine!....... If SISU do win, it's the people of Coventry that will have to pay this scum, not the likes of Torchy, Grenduffy and a few more. I haven't told any lies.Nor is it an opinion. It's truth, and factual. I don't live in Coventry but will be sick to my stomach for the people of Coventry. If SISU do indeed win the JR. Anymore shit you want to try and throw my way? Get your facts straight mate. Not supposition!

And there in is my point. It is not truthful or factual.

Point me to where Lord Justice Ryder says 'any compensation owed will directly come from the pockets of the Coventry taxpayers'

Sky Blue Kid

And there in is my point. It is not truthful or factual.

Point me to where Lord Justice Ryder says 'any compensation owed will directly come from the pockets of the Coventry taxpayers'

Apologies to all posters on this forum before I say this to Ian1779..... You have got to be one of the most stupid fucking cunts ever to post on here. If SISU win the JR. CCC will become liable for any and all compensation paid to CCFC owners correct??? Still with me? I can see the dribble running down your chin already. Am I going too fast for you? Where do you think CCC will retrieve these multi millions from??? Ready for the answer?.... Bank of Noddy and Big Ears? NOOOOOO! Coventry tax payers. Where exactly do you think CCC will get the money from? Awaiting your reply.

Last edited:

rightumpty

The fact we as fans are talking about this subject should tell us all we need to know about our owners? Sisu or whoever they hide behind are very much in the middle of all that goes on and has gone on in the last 8 years. So remarks about Trump or Migrants as a comparison is Bollocks. Sisu have been in control, they hold the keys to all and if you as a fan believe that all that is wrong is the squad that runs out on a game day or the manager that picks that squad you are deluded. Our problem runs deeper than that and changing a manager or even a director has never brought a long term positive while under these owners.

We win, lose or draw if we get promoted what is the plan, where has the plan been and what is the aim on the field? we dont know, off the field is even more of a mess and that is why in my opinion will never change of where i look for blame. We are a very poorly ran club, which is a shame as the club has potential to do so much more with the right direction. So OP is what is the plan, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW as they do not, will not, or care one bit for our feelings or concern about the clubs future, only its current state of running as a concern to get whatever aim JS is seeking.
Couldn't agree more. There never will be a plan because they are not bothered about the football. It's all about being able to write off the expense of the club against taxes. What bothers me is what the hell do Fisher and Anderson do ????

Ian1779

Apologies to all posters on this forum before I say this to Ian1779..... You have got to be one of the most stupid fucking cunts ever to post on here. If SISU win the JR. CCC will become liable for any and all compensation paid to CCFC owners correct??? Still with me? I can see the dribble running down your chin already. Am I going too fast for you? Where do you think CCC will retrieve these multi millions from??? Ready for the answer?.... Bank of Noddy and Big Ears? NOOOOOO! Coventry tax payers. Where exactly do you think CCC will get the money from? Awaiting your reply.

The money to pay the compensation will come from their funding which is from central government and council tax. So the shortfall will have to be made up from increasing council tax. Not quite like how you peddle it, basically saying that every taxpayer in Coventry will have to personally write a cheque to JS.

You should get a job working for Rupert Murdoch - you'd fit right in.

And as for calling me a c**t - thought you were all about respect - clearly another pile of bullshit from you. But I suppose being a c**t has its uses - which makes me infinitely more useful than you.

dongonzalos

Steve Waggot said our budget was 6th-8th in the league.
TM has slightly underperformed with that budget.
Would prefer us to have a top 2 budget though

SkyBlueZack

Wasn't it mentioned in the last court appearance that the money may come from central government? Also why slag off torch etc for not caring cos they don't live in cov but you don't either. Oh and you like to discuss but use foul language. Go you!

Nick

Administrator
The money to pay the compensation will come from their funding which is from central government and council tax. So the shortfall will have to be made up from increasing council tax. Not quite like how you peddle it, basically saying that every taxpayer in Coventry will have to personally write a cheque to JS.

And as for calling me a c**t - thought you were all about respect - clearly another pile of bullshit from you. But I suppose being a c**t has its uses - which makes me infinitely more useful than you.
They will only get compensation if the council have done something wrong anyway...

Sky Blue Kid

Wasn't it mentioned in the last court appearance that the money may come from central government? Also why slag off torch etc for not caring cos they don't live in cov but you don't either. Oh and you like to discuss but use foul language. Go you!

I lost my temper with the idiot If you look at other posts I've been swore at just as much. Torchy, Grendel etc.. were the first ones jumping on the JR bandwagon wanting CCC to fail, not caring a shit if Coventry tax payers get dragged into the row. What if I don't live in Coventry anymore, doesn't mean to say I don't care about what happens in the City where I was born! Regarding money coming from central government. Every Council in Great Britain get a yearly "Wedge". If money for the Compensation is paid by Central Government how do you think they will get that payout back? The Yearly "Wedge" allowed to CCC will become distinctly less than previously paid out. So if road maintenance was charged to the tax payer at £100 per year. It could well be doubled. If rubbish removal was lets say £1000k per year, it could well double(These figures btw are made up, I'm just using as a possible example) More libraries will be closed, Bus services will be reduced whilst fares will rise. Get my drift? Once again I apologise for the language, but I'm sick and tired of piss takers on here who get away with just about any personal attacks without being pulled up on it.

Sky Blue Kid

I finally rest my case.:pointlaugh:

fernandopartridge

SBK, if council tax payers have to pay compensation due to the actions of the council, who's fault is it? It certainly isn't SISU's.

Ian1779

I lost my temper with the idiot If you look at other posts I've been swore at just as much. Torchy, Grendel etc.. were the first ones jumping on the JR bandwagon wanting CCC to fail, not caring a shit if Coventry tax payers get dragged into the row. What if I don't live in Coventry anymore, doesn't mean to say I don't care about what happens in the City where I was born! Regarding money coming from central government. Every Council in Great Britain get a yearly "Wedge". If money for the Compensation is paid by Central Government how do you think they will get that payout back? The Yearly "Wedge" allowed to CCC will become distinctly less than previously paid out. So if road maintenance was charged to the tax payer at £100 per year. It could well be doubled. If rubbish removal was lets say £1000k per year, it could well double(These figures btw are made up, I'm just using as a possible example) More libraries will be closed, Bus services will be reduced whilst fares will rise. Get my drift? Once again I apologise for the language, but I'm sick and tired of piss takers on here who get away with just about any personal attacks without being pulled up on it.

Personal attacks?? It's a forum and you certainly give as much as you get.

It's your attitude I find most ridiculous - rather than look at potential blame (and we are only taking about potential here) you conveniently switch it around to make it look like the 'wronged' is in the wrong for daring to challenge. Would you begrudge a child a compensation claim if* they were injured because of the councils negligence as it might add a few quid onto a council tax bill?

Your hatred for SISU may be justified but because of it you are incapable of a reasoned argument.

Chipfat

Again some fans are missing the point, Burton for example have had a plan off the pitch for a very long time now with goals and aims that has allowed the manager and squad to follow a path. You are a fan that has owners that have had no plan, no desire to tell you or anyone else what the end product will be. Budgets, FFS they didn't even know they needed 14000 fans in the stadium until 2 months ago to make it cost effective and you talk about others clubs.

We are ran so poorly that our owners after 8 years dont know how to run the club, but hey no blame on them for the team is not progressing!!!!!

italiahorse

Why was nobody moaning about investment when we were winning? Why was nobody moaning about investment when we signed joe Cole?

The success of any investment is judged on the field and ultimately in your final position in the league.
If your winning then the investment appears enough but success needs to last a whole season to prove it is.

With TM putting us somewhere near at Xmas I believe that Sisu should have 'really' invested in the squad for the run in.
They didn't and we are destined to another year in D1.

italiahorse

Again some fans are missing the point, Burton for example have had a plan off the pitch for a very long time now with goals and aims that has allowed the manager and squad to follow a path. You are a fan that has owners that have had no plan, no desire to tell you or anyone else what the end product will be. Budgets, FFS they didn't even know they needed 14000 fans in the stadium until 2 months ago to make it cost effective and you talk about others clubs.

We are ran so poorly that our owners after 8 years dont know how to run the club, but hey no blame on them for the team is not progressing!!!!!

The sense of hopelessness that I feel with Sisu in charge must also run through the whole CCFC organisation.

Sky Blue Kid

SBK, if council tax payers have to pay compensation due to the actions of the council, who's fault is it? It certainly isn't SISU's.

SISU are without doubt the major instigator in all this shit, and don't deserve to be owners of what once was a proud football club. All they have succeded in doing is drag the Clubs good name through the dirt, and most definately contributed in the largest chunk of lies and deceit in the war beween themselves and CCC(Once again I say CCC are not innocent bystanders in this) BTW Ian1779. If I'm wrong at least I put my hands up and admit it. Can't say the same about yourself though eh?

Ian1779

With TM putting us somewhere near at Xmas I believe that Sisu should have 'really' invested in the squad for the run in.
They didn't and we are destined to another year in D1.

OK - so let's go with this point. Where would the investment gone? We had a free-scoring attack so you wouldn't really have felt the need to invest there at that point.

We got Turner - he got injured
We got Lorentszen, Cargill, Stephens all defensive players. Add to that Rose and JOnes
We also signed Ramage and Hunt which admittedly were disasters.
We also held onto Armstrong which we didn't really expect to.

That's not a bad investment really in terms of bodies - quality I suppose is questionable, but that needs to fall at TM's door.

I'm not sure what else you were expecting??

Sky Blue Kid

To saying this..................... Talk about doing a 180 Lmfao.

Chipfat

I haven't said it's worthless, but I'd take somebody who goes to every games opinion on a players performance, a team performance, opposition performance etc over somebody who didn't see it.

If somebody hasn't been to a game all season, they can't really tell from a couple of minute highlights. It isn't an invalid opinion, but there is a difference.compared to somebody at every game. It's like having an opinion on a film if you have only seen the trailer and reading reviews.

Myself included if I wasn't there.

It's common sense really isn't it?

If I didn't go to an away game but for example cj did, who'd have a better idea on the game?

The game of football is about opinions and like an arsehole everyone has one, so although i understand the point, 2 fans standing next to each other watching the same game will have a different opinion on the game, players and performances. What 2 cov standing together have in common is we have watched the same shit happen over and over again year after year with a thought process of the solution is changing a manager of a director.

Last edited:

Ian1779

To saying this..................... Talk about doing a 180 Lmfao.

Oh my God - how can you miss the 'actual' point I was making.

The person in question did not say what you claim. Lord Justice Ryder did not say 'any compensation owed will directly come from the pockets of the Coventry taxpayers'. Those words did not leave his mouth
How about you pay attention.

clint van damme

SISU are without doubt the major instigator in all this shit, and don't deserve to be owners of what once was a proud football club. All they have succeded in doing is drag the Clubs good name through the dirt, and most definately contributed in the largest chunk of lies and deceit in the war beween themselves and CCC(Once again I say CCC are not innocent bystanders in this) BTW Ian1779. If I'm wrong at least I put my hands up and admit it. Can't say the same about yourself though eh?

" The biggest instigators in all this shit" were robinson and co when they sold Highfield Rd to move us to a ground we didn't own.

Sky Blue Kid

Oh my God - how can you miss the 'actual' point I was making.

The person in question did not say what you claim. Lord Justice Ryder did not say 'any compensation owed will directly come from the pockets of the Coventry taxpayers'. Those words did not leave his mouth
How about you pay attention.

FFS man!!! I never said Lord Justice Ryder said that. Read it properly I'm getting a f**king headache reading your shit. The Headline that I linked to says it. Are you f**king blind or what...... Is there anyone who knows how to explain to this idiot how the compensation would be paid/reclaimed by Central Government/CCC.... A little hint Ian1779... YOU wrote how it would by reclaimed ffs!

Users who are viewing this thread