What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

clint van damme

My dad liked Russ Conway a pianist in the 60's. He played pop music as well as other stuff on the piano.

I once went to see Cosmic fury which was a collaboration of two DJs, Tom Middleton and Fred Deakin. They finished their set by dropping a Russ Conway tune, place went mental!
I was only familiar with who it was because my old fella had some of his vinyl as well B.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
My dad liked Russ Conway a pianist in the 60's. He played pop music as well as other stuff on the piano.
I remember Russ Conway very well BBR. Didn't he have one of his fingers missing? Didn't stop him playing though. The piano solos I listen to are mainly classical stuff, but unbelievably relaxing. All stuff like this...... (Ludovico Einaudi - Nuvole Bianche)

torchomatic

you like your sound tracks Torch!
How are you mate, holding up OK in this cold snap?

Getting lots of colds, but I have had one more or less since August. Keep having "waterwork" problems too, but hey just one of the things I have to put up with for now. Make sure I wrap up warm for later.

Oh yes, I love my soundtracks.

bringbackrattles

Anybody watched U2 just now ? I've seen them live at Wembley and Milton Keynes Bowl, and to me they are at their best in a big arena. But they are a great band.

bringbackrattles

Didn't catch it BBR, but I quite like U2. Loved The Joshua Tree and The Unforgettable Fire albums.
Its not long finished. A small gig at Abbey Road studios. Bono gets some stick but I think he's okay. A customer today gave me a Christmas tip. Not money but to my surprise he gave me a Led Zeppelin LP ! Early one titled : Presence. He knows I like rock music and said if I want to sell it go ahead. I collect vinyl so I'll keep it. Well chuffed.

Houchens Head

Really enjoyed How to dismantle an atomic bomb and All That you can't leave behind more recently.
Was it the Zooropa album that Johnny Cash featured on one of the tracks? It was a great track, but then I like Johnny Cash as well.

Houchens Head

bringbackrattles

I quite often just stick my cans on and listen to an internet radio station. I've got it on now. It's all great oldies, mostly 50's and 60's stuff. Great quality as well. Link: www.softnezee.com/
Also PUREGOLD ROCK N ROLL I Rock and Roll I Rock & Roll I Free Online Radio I 60's 70's 80's I Oldies I Oldies Radio I Greatest Hits I Super Hits I Puregold I Rock and Roll I Solid Gold I Classic Hits I Best Mix I Seattle
And: http://www.fun45s.com/
Check it out its brilliant. Even Nine Inch Nails said its a great cover.
I watched a concert by Roy Orbison the other night, had guests with him Springsteen, Tom Waits, Clapton,and many more. Great performer and is Pretty Woman one of the best pop songs ever !

Mcbean

Its not long finished. A small gig at Abbey Road studios. Bono gets some stick but I think he's okay. A customer today gave me a Christmas tip. Not money but to my surprise he gave me a Led Zeppelin LP ! Early one titled : Presence. He knows I like rock music and said if I want to sell it go ahead. I collect vinyl so I'll keep it. Well chuffed.
Its a great album BBR - not commonly played as it has no "hits" - but Achilles last stand is immense - strangely when i read your post and you said early i thought - not early - but then it occured to me i am old now !

For any U2 fans who have never heard October - this is the finest U2 album imho !

This is a great little album who like electric rock got it from Germany as a present to myself ! Stone Roses like

Skyblueweeman

without doubt, I think it's dreadful. I haven't liked anything he's done since Definitely maybe. I had such high hopes for them after that album as well.

I was the same when I first heard but I've listened to it a few times and it's grown on me. I thought the first single, Holy Mountain was tosh when I heard it but it's bloody catchy. I think a lot of Oasis fans have expected him to keep churning out albums like DM. I know it's about individual tastes but he's done some amazing (and underrated) tracks since DM but because they wouldn't fit on that album, they're disregarded.

The whole Morning Glory album is a masterpiece (in my opinion) and then songs like Fade In-Out, Mucky Fingers, Let There Be Love, Waiting For The Rapture, Little By Little, Stop Crying Your Heart Out, The Dying Of The Light and Dead In The Water are all brilliant.

The new album is something different from him but he's admitted to being heavily influenced by the producer on this one and that he'll 'return to roots' on the next one. It's not for everyone this album and I actually think it's quite a 'lazy' album as there's pretty much 3 instrumentals on there but it is a grower. Go on....give it another listen! Black and White Sunshine a favourite of mine from the album.

Skyblueweeman

Just listened again to Muse : Black Holes and Revelation CD. My favourite album by Muse. Supermassive Black Hole, and Knights Of Cydonia, great tracks.

Have you got any of their other stuff BBR? This album was their first were they strayed away from their normal heavy sound, and went a bit experimental. Supermassive was lambasted by many fans at the time for heading towards an R&B sound. I thought it was ok. Their couple of albums after that got a bit more experimental but their most recent album, Drones, is a return to their bombastic past.

If you've not seen them live, you need to do so...in an Arena as opposed to a festival. I've seen them about 9 times across festivals and arenas and they put on such an amazing visual spectacular, you'd be amazed. When I have a bit more time, I'll try and post a video or two that I took when I saw them at the O2 last year. Stunning.

Skyblueweeman

Been hearing a few tracks on the radio by Embrace.So got an album by them titled : Out Of Nothing. Some cracking songs on it like Ashes, Gravity, and Glorious Day. They've been around a while but this is the first time listened to them properly.

Been a fan of Embrace since the mid-90s when they came to prominence. The earlier stuff is their best work (like a lot of bands to be fair). They did a comeback tour a couple of years back and my best mate from uni and I went to see them at Sheppards Bush Appollo and they were great although Danny McNamaras voice was a little strained. Never the best singer by any means, they knocked out some good tunes. Check out Retread, Dry Kids, Free Ride, You're Not Alone, Refugees, Natures Law...all great tracks. The Good Will Out, their most successful album (from 1997 if my memory doesn't defeat me) is a cracking album as well. Some say their work can be quite depressing...and it can be but they're a good band and underrated in my opinion.

Houchens Head

For any U2 fans who have never heard October - this is the finest U2 album imho !
I had "October", as well as "Boy" and "War". None of them really impressed me though. Ah well. Each to their own.

bringbackrattles

Have you got any of their other stuff BBR? This album was their first were they strayed away from their normal heavy sound, and went a bit experimental. Supermassive was lambasted by many fans at the time for heading towards an R&B sound. I thought it was ok. Their couple of albums after that got a bit more experimental but their most recent album, Drones, is a return to their bombastic past.

If you've not seen them live, you need to do so...in an Arena as opposed to a festival. I've seen them about 9 times across festivals and arenas and they put on such an amazing visual spectacular, you'd be amazed. When I have a bit more time, I'll try and post a video or two that I took when I saw them at the O2 last year. Stunning.
Got another Muse album : Origin of Symmetry. Plug In Baby, is a well known track on it.It's okay. Just got in and put on the Best of Bad Company and Free. Absolutely brilliant. Two of my all time favourite bands. Paul Rodgers has to be one of the best singers of all time.

lifeskyblue

Got another Muse album : Origin of Symmetry. Plug In Baby, is a well known track on it.It's okay. Just got in and put on the Best of Bad Company and Free. Absolutely brilliant. Two of my all time favourite bands. Paul Rodgers has to be one of the best singers of all time.

Agree about Rodgers...just about the perfect voice for Rock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcbean

Free live - cracking album - saw Rogers in Oxford earlier this year - same voice - loved it - the Stealer is my favourite track followed by Mr Big - saw Bad Co some years ago and Kossof once with Back Street Crawler - he was off his face so performance was mmmmmmmm ! never saw Free so bah hambug

bringbackrattles

Free live - cracking album - saw Rogers in Oxford earlier this year - same voice - loved it - the Stealer is my favourite track followed by Mr Big - saw Bad Co some years ago and Kossof once with Back Street Crawler - he was off his face so performance was mmmmmmmm ! never saw Free so bah hambug
Fire and Water favourite ever album. I too never saw Free, but have seen Bad Company. Never tire of hearing Alright Now !

lifeskyblue

What a voice ! Blues and Rock combined ? I mentioned to somebody recently that Shooting Star is great track by Bad Company. He said its a tribute to Paul Kossoff a founder member of Free. Didn't know that.

Didn’t know that either. I thought it was tribute to Hendrix ad others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adge

Drones is an absolute peach of an album. The drones tour (seen them in Brum last year) was a great show too. Seen them at download a couple of years ago too when they were headlining on the Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread