What are you currently listening to? (4 Viewers)

bringbackrattles

I'm going to have a look round this charity shop, you seem to get some great bargains in it
There are two good charity shops in Riley Square Bell Green. Try the one by Farmfoods they have some good CDs in there, and lately they have had some good football books, as I collect football memorabilia.

Captain Dart

I'm having a Fall day

DUd8jgSW4AAJRdC.jpg

torchomatic

Captain Dart

Going full Housemartins, here is a nice track one you may not know, lyrics are pretty good too.

ovduk78

Had to go into Stirling whilst my son was football training so I popped into Sainsburys to kill some time. They had a load of greatest hits CD's for under a fiver and I couldn't resist Waiting for an Alibi by Thin Lizzy for £3. I already have a couple of their albums, Live & Dangerous on CD and Chinatown on vinyl and it was great to listen to all their hits in one go. What a band they were? I was lucky enough to see them on their Renegade tour in 82 or 83 at de Montfort Hall because a friend of my brother's couldn't go at the last minute, they are right up there with best band I have seen live

torchomatic

1517500067908458803114.jpg
Third volume of Soul Jazz' s Kraut Rock compilations. Brilliant stuff.

olderskyblue

"listening" isn't quite right, but took the missus to see the Rod Stewart story at the Belgrade last night. Seen the guy who does the show before, and he is very very good.

bringbackrattles

Had to go into Stirling whilst my son was football training so I popped into Sainsburys to kill some time. They had a load of greatest hits CD's for under a fiver and I couldn't resist Waiting for an Alibi by Thin Lizzy for £3. I already have a couple of their albums, Live & Dangerous on CD and Chinatown on vinyl and it was great to listen to all their hits in one go. What a band they were? I was lucky enough to see them on their Renegade tour in 82 or 83 at de Montfort Hall because a friend of my brother's couldn't go at the last minute, they are right up there with best band I have seen live
What a band. Never saw them live unfortunately so make do with listening to them on CD etc. But a few years back went to The Hare And Hounds pub in Keresley to see Limehouse Lizzy who are the best cover band in the world. I recommend any Lizzy fans to go see them, they are the next best thing and are spookily as near to seeing the real band as you're likely to get. When the lead singer walked on stage we all did a double take, as it was as if Phil Lynott had come back to life !

ovduk78

What a band. Never saw them live unfortunately so make do with listening to them on CD etc. But a few years back went to The Hare And Hounds pub in Keresley to see Limehouse Lizzy who are the best cover band in the world. I recommend any Lizzy fans to go see them, they are the next best thing and are spookily as near to seeing the real band as you're likely to get. When the lead singer walked on stage we all did a double take, as it was as if Phil Lynott had come back to life !
My friend has seen Limehouse Lizzy loads of time and he says that they are very good and as Thin Lizzy are his favourite band and he saw the real thing on every UK tour they did that is a good enough recommendation for me. He told me they were talking at work about the best band made up by any guitarist, drummer, bass player & singer and he just said Thin Lizzy!! I will look out and see when they are next up in central Scotland.

bringbackrattles

A mate of mine and his sister are big T Rex fans and looking through my vinyl collection I saw a T Rex album called Ride A White Swan. But without its sleeve unfortunately. I wanted to give it to them as a gift but not without its sleeve, so when I was in town yesterday I popped into the Cov Markets vinyl record stall, in the off chance they may just have it ? I know the owner and asked him if he had a copy ? He said that album was a one off, and sorry no he didn't. He did say though there were maybe one or two T Rex and so I had a look. And there was one album and lo and behold it was Ride A White Swan ! He was as shocked as me,and he swore he never knew it was there. And at only £4.00 I bought it and its in perfect nick.

Sky_Blue_Daz

"listening" isn't quite right, but took the missus to see the Rod Stewart story at the Belgrade last night. Seen the guy who does the show before, and he is very very good.
Me and my wife went to see that last year, it was a great show

clint van damme

Believe it or not, Steve Davis does a rather good Kraut Rock set. I went to see Justice DJ in a small tent, on a Wednesday, at Glasto and they done a banging Kraut Rock set mixed with some early elektronika.

I've seen it! Well, half of it. Went into a bar at festival no 6 to watch something and caught the last half of his set.
I forgot he was appearing so when I looked up to the DJ booth and saw him there it was a bit surreal!

torchomatic

I know I've mentioned it before but I've been to see Lizzy. My elder brother was a Lizzy fanatic and he had bought tickets for Brum Odeon on the Black Rose tour. At the last minute someone pulled out and he had no choice but to take hi 14 year old brother! I have to say it was brilliant and I have been a bit of a fan ever since - in fact they're the only band of that genre I really liked. We were right at the front and I touched Gary Moore's foot! He had "sneakers" on.

bringbackrattles

On Planet Rock today they were discussing the best ever live albums ? And it was said Thin Lizzy's Live And Dangerous was number one. Can't argue with that. U2 have said they would listen to it often just to get inspiration on how to perform to live audiences.

bringbackrattles

Been listening to Planet Rock today and they played Itchycoo Park by The Small Faces. It sent me back to the 60's and it still sounds fresh and sharp. A feel good record indeed.

Last edited:

wingy

Came across a really obscure one today while doing a little trawl.
'Break' by Aphrdities Child .
One I would have heard mostly on Pirate radio in 1972,from their final album 666 which ended up being a bit of a Cult album.
Vangelis and Demis Rousos + a couple of other Greek lads.
Sorry can't put a link.

Gazolba

Asia, "Heat of the Moment". Live in Japan. Fantastic guitar solos and duets.

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Any Robert Palmer fans ? Another charity shop gem for a quid, the Very Best Of Robert Palmer. He died far too young, I liked him in the Power Station got an album on vinyl of them. Also picked up a CD of hits of Leonard Cohen performed by other artists like Nick Cave, Ian McCulloch, Katie Melua, Judy Collins and many more.
I forgot how talented Robert Palmer was.

Users who are viewing this thread