What are you currently listening to? (7 Viewers)

Skyblueweeman

I’ve only seen the Foos once Adge and that was at V Festival. Muse are immense live though, you’re right. Probably the best live act I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gazolba

Yo La Tengo: "Friday I'm in Love"

Skyblueweeman

I’ve been listening to a lot of 6 Music recently and have just downloaded a couple of tracks they’ve been playing recently.

Pulsar by a band called Ride. Their bass player Andy Bell was in Oasis, Beady Eye and Hurricane #1. This track is quite strong and forceful...I like it.

And the other one is by a new band called Invisible Minds and is called Yo Mae Leh. It’s quite a mellow-ey, drifty type of song. Like it. Get involved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Fire and Water favourite ever album. I too never saw Free, but have seen Bad Company. Never tire of hearing Alright Now !
My missus is a huge fan of Bad English (John Waite lead vocals). They never did a lot, and never really achieved the dizzy heights of the charts, but she has everything they did.

bringbackrattles

I was in HMV yesterday and at the till there were a few CDs on sale. Best Of Fleetwood Mac. I sold my Rumours album so haven't got any of their music. Anyway I bought it and it's great to hear their classic tracks again.

LastGarrison

I bought a few CD's off Music Magpie the other day for the car.

Currently playing the Cigarettes and Alcohol album which is basically 40 different indie songs, Stone Roses, OCS, The LA's etc.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I bought a few CD's off Music Magpie the other day for the car.

Currently playing the Cigarettes and Alcohol album which is basically 40 different indie songs, Stone Roses, OCS, The LA's etc.
Just don't sell any to Music Magpie! They will offer you peanuts for really good albums. I'm talking literally pennies! Robbers! I'd rather give mine away to a charity shop!

dutchman

The original and best version. Starring Linzi Drew and directed by Ken Russell. I first saw this video on the James Whale show, recorded it then forgot all about it for a whole year. Rediscovered it just after a friend died and it brought tears to my eyes. You'll see why if you watch it through to the end:

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Not what you'd call hard rock but keep playing best of Fleetwood Mac. And my lad got me Concrete And Gold by Foo Fighters and the track La Di Da has been played twenty times at least since Boxing Day !

mrtrench

I’ve been listening to a lot of 6 Music recently and have just downloaded a couple of tracks they’ve been playing recently.

Pulsar by a band called Ride. Their bass player Andy Bell was in Oasis, Beady Eye and Hurricane #1. This track is quite strong and forceful...I like it.

One of the original shoegazing bands. I recently got into them too, alongside Slowdive. One criticism of Ride is that they couldn't decide what kind of band they wanted to be and seemed to follow trends - every album sounds different - changing to be like what was popular at the time.

mrtrench

Been playing a lot of Cocteau Twins this last month. Loved that band ever since 'Treasure' in 1984. Frighteningly brilliant. Can't see them ever being dislodged from my list of all time top 5 favourites.

Played Treasure in the car a lot when my eldest was small. She used to keep saying that she wanted the Hocky Docky song. It took us a while to figure out she meant Domino.

One of my favourite albums. I recall that This Mortal Coil released "It'll End in Tears" featuring Liz Fraser around the same time - love 4AD.

Skyblueweeman

One of the original shoegazing bands. I recently got into them too, alongside Slowdive. One criticism of Ride is that they couldn't decide what kind of band they wanted to be and seemed to follow trends - every album sounds different - changing to be like what was popular at the time.

Nice one. I’ll need to listen to them a bit more I reckon.

oscillatewildly

Played Treasure in the car a lot when my eldest was small. She used to keep saying that she wanted the Hocky Docky song. It took us a while to figure out she meant Domino.

One of my favourite albums. I recall that This Mortal Coil released "It'll End in Tears" featuring Liz Fraser around the same time - love 4AD.

The Mortal Coil collection introduced (to me at least) some great artists. 4AD - What a label.

Captain Dart

Joan Baez and her late sister harmonize on a Bolivian folk song recorded in Sing Sing.
* Joan has Mexican/Scottish heritage.

torchomatic

And the other one is by a new band called Invisible Minds and is called Yo Mae Leh. It’s quite a mellow-ey, drifty type of song. Like it. Get involved.

Ride are ace.

bringbackrattles

They've just played the track Inside by Stiltskin on Planet Rock. What a great record that was, they broke up not long after I think ? Shame bet they could of become a big band.

Skyblueweeman

They've just played the track Inside by Stiltskin on Planet Rock. What a great record that was, they broke up not long after I think ? Shame bet they could of become a big band.

That was a great song BBR. Wasn't on a Levis ad around the time it was released?

Same as Spaceman by Babylon Zoo. Another decent track from around that time from jeans ads.

bringbackrattles

Just treated myself in a Bell Green charity shop to 3 CDs and a football book. Simple Minds : Glittering Prize. Stereophonics : Best Of titled : Decade In The Sun. And a compilation CD 25 tracks. 79 pence each.
The football book is called : The Golden Age, black and white pictures etc covering football from 1900 to 1985.
A bargain at a quid as its in excellent nick. As a collector of memorabilia its a great addition. The shop is currently full of cracking stuff !

bringbackrattles

Listened to Belfast Child by Simple Minds again,first time for years. Brought back memories of seeing them perform the song in the 90's at Milton Keynes Bowl. The arena was packed but it became hushed when they started singing it and was a highlight of a great concert.

torchomatic

WFH today so plenty of opportunity to play records, first of the day: 1516183993283353228151.jpg

Sky_Blue_Daz

Lock, stock and 2 smoking soundtrack, some great tunes

Sky_Blue_Daz

Just treated myself in a Bell Green charity shop to 3 CDs and a football book. Simple Minds : Glittering Prize. Stereophonics : Best Of titled : Decade In The Sun. And a compilation CD 25 tracks. 79 pence each.
The football book is called : The Golden Age, black and white pictures etc covering football from 1900 to 1985.
A bargain at a quid as its in excellent nick. As a collector of memorabilia its a great addition. The shop is currently full of cracking stuff !
I'm going to have a look round this charity shop, you seem to get some great bargains in it

Users who are viewing this thread