What are you currently listening to? (5 Viewers)

Gazolba

Real Estate - Darling (just heard this as background music in a restaurant and really liked it):

Otis

Brian Eno - Dead Finks Don't Talk.

Batshit crazy, wacky, inventive, charming, funny and uniquely unlike anything else (apart from his Bryan Ferry imitation bit).

bringbackrattles

Picked up Zooropa by U2 for a quid in my latest charity shop CD search. Not sure if I like it or not ?
Bit up and down album to be honest. Some good tracks on it though. I saw them at Wembley on their Zoo tour in the early nineties, and that was a weird concert too. Experimental they called it !

Sky_Blue_Daz

Picked up Zooropa by U2 for a quid in my latest charity shop CD search. Not sure if I like it or not ?
Bit up and down album to be honest. Some good tracks on it though. I saw them at Wembley on their Zoo tour in the early nineties, and that was a weird concert too. Experimental they called it !
I seen the zoo tv tour at Cardiff arms park, I thought it was an amazing gig.

bringbackrattles

I seen the zoo tv tour at Cardiff arms park, I thought it was an amazing gig.
I saw U2 at Milton Keynes Bowl on their Under A Blood Red Sky Tour, and that was brilliant. The Wembley concert was really different and focused more on visual effects I thought. But still think they are one hell of a band.By the way in my opinion the Joshua Tree is one of the best albums ever.

dancers lance

Listening to Jefferson Airplane’s Surrealistic Pillow with my favourites ‘somebody to love’ and White rabbit’. Grace Slick’s stunning voice....time to feed my head.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 of the best songs ever recorded IMO, 'White Rabbit' is amazing, 'Somebody to Love' is a masterpiece.

Gazolba

Listening to Jefferson Airplane’s Surrealistic Pillow with my favourites ‘somebody to love’ and White rabbit’. Grace Slick’s stunning voice....time to feed my head.
One of the best albums of all time.

Gazolba

Totally different to my other selections, but I really like it:

Last edited:

bringbackrattles

Not long in from work and it felt like the coldest day of the winter so far. But picked up 2 CDs last week from local charity shop, best of U2 1980-1990 and 1990-2000 and after copious amounts of tea and biscuits,chilling out listening to them both now. I'm a big fan again after not listening to them for an age.
One of the best bands ever ?

lifeskyblue

Not long in from work and it felt like the coldest day of the winter so far. But picked up 2 CDs last week from local charity shop, best of U2 1980-1990 and 1990-2000 and after copious amounts of tea and biscuits,chilling out listening to them both now. I'm a big fan again after not listening to them for an age.
One of the best bands ever ?

Must admit I’ve never been a big fan of u2. Mrs was for a while...I will listen again and see if I can gain enthusiasm.

bringbackrattles

Must admit I’ve never been a big fan of u2. Mrs was for a while...I will listen again and see if I can gain enthusiasm.

Give them a listen. I guess U2 have their critics,as Bono can divide opinion ! But they have some back catalogue, been going for decades. In the past week I've listened to U2, Metallica, Stones, Doors, Small Faces, Kinks, Joplin, and hits from 60's/70's. But I have to say listening to tracks by U2 have impressed me most.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Recently bought a new turntable from a charity shop,Digging through my LP's one of my favs of all time is The Rise and Fall by Madness.
One of their most underated albums I think.

bringbackrattles

Recently bought a new turntable from a charity shop,Digging through my LP's one of my favs of all time is The Rise and Fall by Madness.
One of their most underated albums I think.
How much did you pay for the turntable ? I've a 100 vinyl albums but nothing to play them on. I keep saying I'll get a turntable, so I'll get one soon !

ovduk78

How much did you pay for the turntable ? I've a 100 vinyl albums but nothing to play them on. I keep saying I'll get a turntable, so I'll get one soon !
My wife bought me a self contained turntable with speakers & amps for about £40 and it's great going through my vinyl collection, no chance of any charity shop having anything like that up here. I was in Sainsburys again on friday and helped myself to a greatest hits cd by David Bowie, never listened to him except if he's been on radio/tv but crikey he did some great songs

bringbackrattles

My wife bought me a self contained turntable with speakers & amps for about £40 and it's great going through my vinyl collection, no chance of any charity shop having anything like that up here. I was in Sainsburys again on friday and helped myself to a greatest hits cd by David Bowie, never listened to him except if he's been on radio/tv but crikey he did some great songs
My son last year bought me the Best Of Bowie on a double CD. Like you I've listened to him but never been a big fan. But when you sit and listen to his back catalogue, you have to agree he was a music genius as he changed style/persona in each decade, and produced singles/albums of high quality.
Dylan,Bowie, 2 artists I've got into later on in life, but so glad I did !

Captain Dart

My son last year bought me the Best Of Bowie on a double CD. Like you I've listened to him but never been a big fan. But when you sit and listen to his back catalogue, you have to agree he was a music genius as he changed style/persona in each decade, and produced singles/albums of high quality.
Dylan,Bowie, 2 artists I've got into later on in life, but so glad I did !
Listening to Station to Station album last night, its on You-Tube, give it a whirl they'll be some stuff worth listening to not on that CD, apparently Bowie was so coked up at the time of recording he only knew it was recorded in LA because someone told him later, his memory of it was gone.

Gazolba

Incredible String Band - "Painting Box"

lifeskyblue

Tonight listening to a bit of jethro Tull (crest of a knave album...especially Budapest), Karnataka (secrets of angels esp title track) and then for something completely different a bit of Mary gauthier (drag queens and limousines. And her mercy now

Users who are viewing this thread