What the fuck has happened to England (1 Viewer)

mark82

Slightly better performance but still disappointing. Took us being 2 down to show some passion. Not a big Mount fan but at least looked like he gave a shit.

Otis

Bottom line is that was much better and shows what we ARE capable of. Just need Southgate to recognise that.

Bellingham was MOTM. I thought Shaw and Rice were both very good and Mount and Saka, especially, looked really decent when they came on.

Last edited:

mark82

Bottomed line is that was much better and shows what we ARE capable of. Just need Southgate to recognise that.

Bellingham was MOTM. I thought Shaw and Rice were both very good and Mount and Saka, especially, looked really decent when they came on.

Bellingham been the big shining light of the last 2 games. Got a big future ahead of him.

Evo1883

End of the day

3 points from 6 matches and the football was awful for almost all of it

Paul Anthony

Bottomed line is that was much better and shows what we ARE capable of. Just need Southgate to recognise that.

Fully agree. Clearly we've not been playing to the strengths of our team, and when we do we are so much better.

MacReady

Agree with this. Shaw is direct which is refreshing - Bellingham was ace in terms of ball turnover and setting counters off.

David O'Day

We are pretty shit for most of the game against an at best average German side.

It'll get treated like some kind of great victory

Otis

Oh and I thought James was much, much better second half. He has a great cross on him.

Block 19

I still think we should sack them all off and play the under 21s. What do we have to lose? I know Folarin Balogun didn't do much at Middlesbrough last season, but my gut feeling is that he'd probably pip Harry Kane at the world cup for the golden boot if we just gave him a chance

Brighton Sky Blue

We know our defence isn't great, so why do we keep trying to protect it?

We carry such a threat going forwards, I really think we need more of a we're going to always score one more than you attitude.

It would be great if we had quality all over the pitch, but we don't. The Euro final should have been the lesson to learn for Southgate.

Brighton Sky Blue

Exactly. And when we concentrate on the defence we just nullify all the attacking qualities we possess.

It still stings now to be honest. Winning the game and cruising while playing aggressive football that Italy just couldn't find a response to. Then second half he sends them out to camp in their own half and invite pressure.

Mancini looked lost in the first half and relieved in the second

Users who are viewing this thread