What was the WASPS crowd today (4 Viewers)

stupot07

I think it's more pointing out that Wasps are doing what CCFC should have done years ago.

Yes you are right, we should have paid ACL an extra £1.3m per annum to hire out the exhibition hall to entertain and allow ACL to make money on f&b's...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

You are a complete wum. Serious question. Why do you feel the need to come on here and wind people up with your constant Wasps love in?
It's really quite sad tbh.

I'm putting the other side of the argument to where people keep saying Wasps are not getting big crowds because of free tickets, yet the tickets are only available to a select group of organisations. Obviously some sort of battle with some vain hope that they fall over and Sisu get the stadium on the cheap.
I'm trying to get people/Sisu to move on and get into bed with Wasps, who maybe, just maybe our ticket out of here.

Otis

People keep going on about CCFC buying into the Ricoh now, are there rumours going round Wasps want to sell or is it the same myth as the consortiums?

No, just the same myth as our owners building a new stadium.

stupot07

People keep going on about CCFC buying into the Ricoh now, are there rumours going round Wasps want to sell or is it the same myth as the consortiums?

Can't see it myself, they need all the money from the ricoh to help fund their losses, they won't be wanting to sell 50% to us this early in the business plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

covmark

Can't see it myself, they need all the money from the ricoh to help fund their losses, they won't be wanting to sell 50% to us this early in the business plan.
Exactly this.

D

Deleted member 4439

Official attendance was 9,640, which is very good for a non-league game.

Calista

TF was asked whether the club could buy 50% of the Ricoh. TF said that it is unlikely that
a deal can be done re a share of the ownership of the Stadium with Wasps. TF
confirmed that the club’s owners and Directors are not prepared to take on the risk of
financial liability for half of the £14 million loan. TF has analysed the financial risk of the
loan which is a sub-investment grade loan – meaning the loan is financially speculative
and having a high risk of default. TF will not expose the club to the risk of going into
another administration by being joint and severally liable on the £14 million loan.

If Wasps had ruled it out, he could easily have just said that. But instead he chose to say that we’re not interested, because we don’t want to be dragged down by Wasps’ dodgy business. A bit rich I think.

italiahorse

Yes you are right, we should have paid ACL an extra £1.3m per annum to hire out the exhibition hall to entertain and allow ACL to make money on f&b's...

You keep quoting these figures that you have know idea about.
Sometimes if you rent something you can input a little effort and make a profit. Who knows if you don't ask.
You and the other victims need to get some balls and start pushing for something to change at our club rather than walk round all the time in your hair shirt.

stupot07

You keep quoting these figures that you have know idea about.
Sometimes if you rent something you can input a little effort and make a profit. Who knows if you don't ask.
You and the other victims need to get some balls and start pushing for something to change at our club rather than walk round all the time in your hair shirt.

Get some balls like you? Jumping on the wasps bandwagon is having balls? Giving wasps your hard earned is having balls?

italiahorse

Naturally they won't "give" us anything, but everything has a price. The notion that we should be given things is the root cause of all our problems.

Exactly.
Hire the facilities, put in a little effort and make a profit.
However, if the club shop is anything to go by, they can't be bothered.

stupot07

Exactly.
Hire the facilities, put in a little effort and make a profit.
However, if the club shop is anything to go by, they can't be bothered.

How? Compass have the contract for running events and f&b's and paid for that privilege. You think they will allow us to higher out the hall (which would have to be at the going rate) and then sell F&b's?

italiahorse

Get some balls like you? Jumping on the wasps bandwagon is having balls? Giving wasps your hard earned is having balls?

Why do you keep bringing Wasps up? Surely if I enjoy it I should go. Theres no reason I shouldn't.
There are not many supporters who can say they are CCFC ticket holders, go to most the away games and have done so since 1967.

stupot07

Why do you keep bringing Wasps up? Surely if I enjoy it I should go. Theres no reason I shouldn't.
There are not many supporters who can say they are CCFC ticket holders, go to most the away games and have done so since 1967.

People can do what they like. You're the one telling us we should drop our anger, get some balls and jump into bed with wasps.

italiahorse

How? Compass have the contract for running events and f&b's and paid for that privilege. You think they will allow us to higher out the hall (which would have to be at the going rate) and then sell F&b's?

I'm going to call that Sisu attitude !!!
All problems, no solutions.

italiahorse

People can do what they like. You're the one telling us we should drop our anger, get some balls and jump into bed with wasps.

Build a new stadium then as that's the only thing left to do in your mind.

stupot07

I'm going to call that Sisu attitude !!!
All problems, no solutions.

You have to look at the problems in order to find a solution.

Saying "hire the hall and make some money" is not a solution.

So what do you think of the new stadium solution idea?

italiahorse

You have to look at the problems in order to find a solution.

Saying "hire the hall and make some money" is not a solution.

So what do you think of the new stadium solution idea?

It's one of many options we could possibly look at.
Drop the JR, drop the new stadium and get working on building this clubs relationship with Wasps and start making the Ricoh feel like our home.

Nick

Administrator
Drop the JR, drop the new stadium and get working on building this clubs relationship with Wasps and start making the Ricoh feel like our home.

So you keep saying this but what do you actually suggest?

To make it feel like CCFC's home are Wasps going to let us take down the big massive Wasps logos on our matchdays and get rid of the Wasps shop and ads all around the place? Are Wasps going to let us have any of the revenue?

The Ricoh didn't feel that much like our home before Wasps (compared to HR) anyway, add all the Wasps signs and it feels even less like it. Change the seats and may as well just forget.

stupot07

So you're not open to the new stadium.....

That's Sisu attitude that is, you're only open to one option....

italiahorse

So you keep saying this but what do you actually suggest?

To make it feel like CCFC's home are Wasps going to let us take down the big massive Wasps logos on our matchdays and get rid of the Wasps shop and ads all around the place? Are Wasps going to let us have any of the revenue?

I don't know. Have they asked?
Do Wasps cover the walls of fame running the length of the east stand, Jimmy Hill statue, Sky Blue seats or the whole stadium being emulsioned sky blue every matchday?
No. People only see lines painted out yet miss the bigger picture.
You really need to see the difference in effort Wasps put in on match days to make it an experience.

italiahorse

So you're not open to the new stadium.....

That's Sisu attitude that is, you're only open to one option....

I'd sooner rent a stadium off Wasps than Sisu.
Will CCFC buy into the new stadium management company or will Sisu cream off the f and b?
Too many questions with no real answers.

stupot07

I'd sooner rent a stadium off Wasps than Sisu.
Will CCFC buy into the new stadium management company or will Sisu cream off the f and b?
Too many questions with no real answers.

More Sisu attitude there, you're completely closed off to any other option than renting from wasps.

cloughie

I haven't been to see Wasps and have no intention of doing so either as my loyalties are firmly with Cov City and Cov Rugby. I do however find it a bit pathetic that some folk have set their stall out to hate the franchise rugby team but cannot seem to be as highly critical of the vile, uncaring, negligent and club destroying bunch of shits that still hold the reins of our football club, those same people who are driving fans away at an alarming rate with their short term strategies for CCFC but long term hopes of still gaining compensation from ill advised court actions.

I could not agree more!

It is pathetic how some are so bitter and twisted against wasps yet miss the glaringly obvious

shy_tall_knight

I started the thread as I'm surrounded by people who genuinely believe coventry is now a rugby town like Northampton bath gloucester. These rugby fans who weren't there today seem to get a perverse pleasure out of our demise as it has given them the opportunity to go to 5/6 big games a year.

Grendel & Co however still vent their fury at WASPs CCC Higgs whilst SISU continue with their destructive strategy for CCFC.

martcov

TF was asked whether the club could buy 50% of the Ricoh. TF said that it is unlikely that
a deal can be done re a share of the ownership of the Stadium with Wasps. TF
confirmed that the club’s owners and Directors are not prepared to take on the risk of
financial liability for half of the £14 million loan. TF has analysed the financial risk of the
loan which is a sub-investment grade loan – meaning the loan is financially speculative
and having a high risk of default. TF will not expose the club to the risk of going into
another administration by being joint and severally liable on the £14 million loan.

If Wasps had ruled it out, he could easily have just said that. But instead he chose to say that we’re not interested, because we don’t want to be dragged down by Wasps’ dodgy business. A bit rich I think.

According to OSB, this ( TF's reasoning ) is total bollocks anyway as the 14m gets paid out of ACL cash flow and they are not joint and severally liable above their shares in the limited company. OSB has heard of no extra guarantees or debentures, so risk is severely limited. Apparently.

Woz01

I believe Wasps last attendance for the LV cup was under 3k so 9.5k is a success. 3rd highest attendance of the weekend in the cup.

The Lurker

10,000 on a cold Sunday afternoon. Still sad when their attendance gets slated on here yet still 3,000 more than we got yesterday. Surely the problem lies closer to home but seems the usual lot blinkered and heads under the sand again

Grendel

10,000 on a cold Sunday afternoon. Still sad when their attendance gets slated on here yet still 3,000 more than we got yesterday. Surely the problem lies closer to home but seems the usual lot blinkered and heads under the sand again

To be fair we haven't been dolling out 3500 freebies for those that attended the previous game and further freebies and discounts on top of that.

Users who are viewing this thread