What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

stupot07

If it was a deal that led to CCFC having success you would be right I would be very surprised.
Lots of morals about francising in rugby would go straight out of the window IMO

Given the track record of morals flying straight of the window I'm sure you're right, after all Coventry is the home of the bandwagon.

However, I can assure you that mine would be fully intact and remain against franchise rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

To be honest I doubt I will renew next season anyway.

Nothing to do with our plight but the fact we are now tenants of a franchise and are the lodgers. I get less enthusiastic by the day.

We have always been lodgers.
In fact we were lodgers at Northampton and you loved it !!

bigfatronssba

As would any other owner had we bought the Ricoh you stupid c**t. Why do you continue to post of this forum? Surely you'd be better off posting on a Wasps forum? You seem massively out of place on here.

Do Wasps pay rent to play at the Ricoh?

bigfatronssba

Given the track record of morals flying straight of the window I'm sure you're right, after all Coventry is the home of the bandwagon.

However, I can assure you that mine would be fully intact and remain against franchise rugby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

There is no real evidence that a large number of Wasps fans were against the move is there? There was no mass demonstrations?

If most of them support it, who exactly are you to tell them what is the right thing to do with there club?

The advice here is keep your nose out of other peoples business until they ask for your help. You do sound like your trying to fight an issue that doesn't exist.

duffer

There is no real evidence that a large number of Wasps fans were against the move is there? There was no mass demonstrations?

If most of them support it, who exactly are you to tell them what is the right thing to do with there club?

The advice here is keep your nose out of other peoples business until they ask for your help. You do sound like your trying to fight an issue that doesn't exist.

Actually, when I posted on their equivalent forum to this one, to ask how many would follow Wasps to Coventry - the split was somewhere around 80/20 or higher between those who can't or wouldn't, to those who would. Not overly scientific - but would make sense if you weren't trying to kid yourself that their London-based fans were all for it.

How would you have felt if people had used the relatively low turnout on the hill, and the 2,000 attendances at Northampton to justify SISU's move there, eh?

The advice here is stop pretending that Wasps is anything but a franchise to make yourself feel better about supporting them. It strikes me as being a bit weak really - follow them if you will, but quit pretending it's something it isn't because it makes you feel a bit less awkward about it.

duffer

So you two just moan on.
We have no other option than to get the best deal we can from Wasps.
But hey lets take them to court FFS.

SISU are not actually taking Wasps to court FFS. The proposed action is against the Council - if it's likely to affect Wasps they can be named as an interested party, as were Higgs and ACL in the last action. They're not actually obliged to defend their actions.

But c'mon, you keep moaning on about getting a deal from Wasps, and yet you've carefully avoided answering the obvious question that I've asked at least three times now, what do you honestly think they can or will give us?

chiefdave

Will be interesting to see how many London / Wycombe based Wasps fans renew STs next season when the free transport to games stops.

duffer

Incidentally, just to go back to the OP - I saw the highlights of the game yesterday. The stadium looked a fair-bit more than half-empty, certainly behind both goals and the 'corporate' stand looked fairly sparse, and even on the side of the pitch where most fans seem to sit there seemed some fairly large gaps.

Personally, I have doubts as to whether there were really over 16,000 there. The guy on BT Sport reviewing the game said as much himself.

Probably academic in truth, Wasps have told the council they only need gates averaging 10,000 to survive apparently. Not quite as good for the city that, mind.

Nick

Administrator
Incidentally, just to go back to the OP - I saw the highlights of the game yesterday. The stadium looked a fair-bit more than half-empty, certainly behind both goals and the 'corporate' stand looked fairly sparse, and even on the side of the pitch where most fans seem to sit there seemed some fairly large gaps.

Personally, I have doubts as to whether there were really over 16,000 there. The guy on BT Sport reviewing the game said as much himself.

Probably academic in truth, Wasps have told the council they only need gates averaging 10,000 to survive apparently. Not quite as good for the city that, mind.
Maybe somebody could do an foi request?

speedie87

does anyone know what the so called official attendances have been for each match?

they don't seem to list them in the telegraph?

Users who are viewing this thread