What was the WASPS crowd today (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

Absolutely not, that would be supporting a franchise and that's not something that anyone should do, imho.

No, it's still wouldn't be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

What about if they were required as tenants to make a viable business case?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Genuine Question. If SISU had bought 100% of ACL and then Wasps had come in as tenants would that be okay ?
Anyone ?

I still wouldn't agree with it but could get over it if it could be proved to be beneficial to the club.

Same as now I don't agree with it but could get over it if it can be shown it will be beneficial to the club. (None of the arguments I have seen have yet to convince me it can be beneficial)

duffer

Kind of hypothetical, but regardless it wouldn't matter to me mate, quite honestly it wouldn't. If you believe franchising is wrong then you have to take a stand against it, even if that is at a financial penalty to the club (or the city) you support.

Since we're on hypotheticals, what if (say) Telford built a new stadium and offered it SISU at a knock-down rate. SISU could then claim they have to move for the club to survive. How could you argue against that and yet support Wasps move to here?

chiefdave

Then you'd be looking at one of two things. Either CCFC are doing something strange to not be a viable business or football clubs in general aren't viable businesses. In either scenario I would be looking for a problem elsewhere.

Sick Boy

That was different.
Sisu did it to con people into thinking that fans were backing them at Sixfields in their short term plan.
Wasps are doing it to get a fan base established for a long term future.
In addition a lot of money was spent during the match. I myself spent over £20 on beer and food.

There is more than one way to produce income and the point of this thread is that Sisu need to engage with Wasps and their ideas.

Hahahaha no I've heard it all. Like the other poster you are selfish hypocrite who has little regard for Wasp fans who can no longer watch their team play. Who cares as long as you get to watch top class Rugby though.

Edit: no one on here supported the move to Sixfields. We also got no coverage in the local press.

If you had to look up the definition of franchising then you really are dense.

bigfatronssba

Then you are a selfish hypocrite.

How am I being hypocritical exactly?

Your the one who is now devastated on behalf of Wasps and Cov fans, when a year ago you couldn't give a shit about either.

SkyBlue_Bear83

How am I being hypocritical exactly?

Your the one who is now devastated on behalf of Wasps and Cov fans, when a year ago you couldn't give a shit about either.

Are you saying he didn't give a shit about us being at Sixfields? If so based on what? Or are you just looking for a reaction as usual?

Grendel

Are you saying he didn't give a shit about us being at Sixfields? If so based on what? Or are you just looking for a reaction as usual?

He's never been a CCFC fan - just ignore him

bigfatronssba

Where have I mention Sixfields?

He seems to be devastated at what has happened to the poor innocent Wasps fans and dear old Cov rugby.

He didn't give a shit about what happened to their fans prior to Wasps moving to Coventry. Now that is being hypocritical.

Nick

Administrator

He seems to be devastated at what has happened to the poor innocent Wasps fans and dear old Cov rugby.

He didn't give a shit about what happened to their fans prior to Wasps moving to Coventry. Now that is being hypocritical.

The same as people didn't give a shit about Wasps or Top Class Rugby until they moved here?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Well that's why I put '?' because I wasn't sure if when you said Cov fans you meant us football fans, you see how that can be misconstrued, thanks for clarifying.

bigfatronssba

The same as people didn't give a shit about Wasps or Top Class Rugby until they moved here?

Well obviously. When something is on your doorstep you are more likely to take notice of it. That isn't being hypocritical.

What is being hypocritical is pretending to care about a group of supporters whom have been playing outside of their home town for the last 13 years, and not even saying anything about it for all that time.

Nick

Administrator
Well obviously. When something is on your doorstep you are more likely to take notice of it. That isn't being hypocritical.

What is being hypocritical is pretending to care about a group of supporters whom have been playing outside of their home town for the last 13 years, and not even saying anything about it for all that time.

Yeah but Wasps weren't on our door step, they are now, why would people care then?

bigfatronssba

Well that's why I put '?' because I wasn't sure if when you said Cov fans you meant us football fans, you see how that can be misconstrued, thanks for clarifying.

Yes I did mean Cov rugby.

bigfatronssba

Yeah but Wasps weren't on our door step, they are now, why would people care then?

So he only cares because it affects him? That's the point I'm making.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but lets cut out all the crap about pretending to care about the fans of other clubs.

Nick

Administrator
So he only cares because it affects him? That's the point I'm making.

Nothing wrong with that of course, but lets cut out all the crap about pretending to care about the fans of other clubs.

I think because of our situation people can relate to Wasps fans who can't make the trip up here and will be missing out. We probably couldn't 10 years ago.

If city moved 80 miles, I wouldn't go and watch them and I would be gutted. I am not saying I think about Wasps fans (or anybody else who's team has moved away) and break down in tears. I would feel a bit sorry for them if they can't make it to the games, the same as people when we moved.

duffer

What's being hypocritical is supporting one franchise because you've suddenly found a passion for a sport that you couldn't even be bothered to go to the Butts (or Leicester) to watch, but being outraged when CCFC was moved to Northampton (or if it might be moved outside the city). That's hypocritical.

If you accept it's down to a club's owners to decide where a team is located based on what they see as the best financial options, then you'll have to live with the fact that one day it might happen to a team that you do care about. If you don't give a monkey's about when it happens to other teams, then don't start crying in your beer if it happens to us - no one is going to want to hear it.

duffer

And again - a question that absolutely no one who says we need to do a deal with Wasps has answered:

What exactly are Wasps going to offer us?

They bought ACL for themselves, 100% for 250-years. Has anyone here even seen a hint of them offering the revenues to CCFC. It would be great if someone like the Trust could ask them this question on the fans behalf...

dongonzalos

Genuine Question. If SISU had bought 100% of ACL and then Wasps had come in as tenants would that be okay ?
Anyone ?

If Wasps had bought ACL and CCFC
Or SISU had bought wasps and ACL.

IMO the word franchising would get a very rare mention on this site.

You might get the odd franchising is wrong but hey ho type comment. The deal hasn't gone our way so the teddies are out of the building never mind the pram.

Nick

Administrator

You might get the odd franchising is wrong but hey ho type comment. The deal hasn't gone our way so the teddies are out of the building never mind the pram.

I would think the same either way. If somebody had been giving me shit for going to watch the team I support in Sixfields and now gets giddy over Wasps it wouldn't make a difference whether it was SISU or Wasps who owned them.

The biggest difference you will find is that the whole Wasps move would have had a completely different reception if SISU had bought them and moved them up here.

stupot07

No they would still be unacceptable to me.

If wasps buy us, I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

dongonzalos

I would be gob smacked if wasps bought ccfc if anyone stopped supporting Cov over it to be honest

dongonzalos

I would think the same either way. If somebody had been giving me shit for going to watch the team I support in Sixfields and now gets giddy over Wasps it wouldn't make a difference whether it was SISU or Wasps who owned them.

The biggest difference you will find is that the whole Wasps move would have had a completely different reception if SISU had bought them and moved them up here.

Yes I get you mean because of what SISU have done to this football club people have a dislike for them. So when they do something people react differently to when someone else does exactly the same.

Yes I can't argue with that. That is life isn't though you react differently to two people doing the same things based on your experience of those people

bigfatronssba

You would stop supporting the club based on the actions of the owners?

bigfatronssba

And again - a question that absolutely no one who says we need to do a deal with Wasps has answered:

What exactly are Wasps going to offer us?

They bought ACL for themselves, 100% for 250-years. Has anyone here even seen a hint of them offering the revenues to CCFC. It would be great if someone like the Trust could ask them this question on the fans behalf...

Yep, lets hope CCFC do absolutely nothing in regard to securing a long term tenancy at the Ricoh. That will guarantee Wasps giving us the best possible deal.

stupot07

I would be gob smacked if wasps bought ccfc if anyone stopped supporting Cov over it to be honest

I think you would be surprised at how many would call it a day of that happened.

Covstu

I think it would be on par with how many are walking out now!

In a weird way i can see why people are supporting WASPS, less off the field shit and able to go and enjoy a game and go home afterwards. Not for me but i am understanding why people are doing it...

bigfatronssba

Why would hay surprise you? Isn't that exactly what NOPMers are doing?

No.

The majority of them are trying to change and improve how the club is run.

Users who are viewing this thread