Where has all the money gone??? (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

The club has already let the cat out of the bag on this. They got their budget wrong at the start of the season, remember the mentions of needing an average gate of 14k? There was a shortfall against that. There were suggestions that SISU have had to cover additional costs last season. We have no idea how much of the Maddison money has been received to date either.
How could they miscalculate the crowd thing, do you buy that "honestly"

Martin180

Why aren't we doing more to attract supporters ? Package deals , family deals , kids for a quid ,etc,etc

Look at how full the place was for our return when it was £10 a ticket , then the very next game it was back to the usual £25+ , such shortsighted thinking

fellatio_Martinez

I have it on good authority that sisu paid for Turnbull with a contactless debit card so his fee was under £30. They spent the rest of the budget on sweets.

dongonzalos

Oh Brother the 10th-8th bloody budget again.....:arghh:

It was 8th-6th and it was stated by the man who was spending the budget. That budget was an overspend based on 11k attendances been break even.
When actually we needed 14k to balance the books.
So if we are now balancing the books the budget will be less than that one.
You said you know more than him. I forgot about that, we should go back to your version.
We have a top four budget.

Last edited:

Grendel

It was 8th-6th and it was stated by the man who was spending the budget. That budget was an overspend based on 11k attendances been break even.
You said you know more than him. I forgot about that, we should go back to your version.

Hold on. Haven't ticket prices increased by an average of 35% according to Juggy? So our budget will be higher this year surely?

Brylowes

Hold on. Haven't ticket prices increased by an average of 35% according to Juggy? So our budget will be higher this year surely?

When you think about it, you'd have to say it's kind of ironic
All these years of running a football club, and the only area
They've shown any improvement is "moving the goalposts"

ClarkeZ

I was told ages ago by a politician. who I would call a senior politician, when the whole truth is told it won't be believed.

What a ridiculous comment. Not adding anything to the discussion but "oh look here i have inside information from an important person! ... Oh but I dont want to tell you" Pointless

ClarkeZ

Why aren't we doing more to attract supporters ? Package deals , family deals , kids for a quid ,etc,etc

Look at how full the place was for our return when it was £10 a ticket , then the very next game it was back to the usual £25+ , such shortsighted thinking

But that wouldn't be a realistic business strategy though, and that is what this is.There are base costs with the tickets, but even removing those costs for simplicity, lets say if its £10 a ticket, less VAT that's £8 per ticket, removing all other variables, kids tickets etc etc.

At the £22 mark (which i think is standard area?) that becomes £17.60.

So if you have an average gate last year of 12k, that totals to £211,200. In order to make that from the £10/ticket games we would need 26,400 gates every week.
Add that to the season ticket sales, match packages etc. Suddenly its not realistic.
I know the numbers are all vague and don't account for a lot of variables but you get the picture. The idea was to bring in a bulk of people, with the aim to keep as many as possible, common business tactic used universally. Low rate for new sign-ups, new members, etc, then back to normal prices once you are an existing customer.
Unfortunately this is a business, SISU are running a business which they have to find a way to keep stable.

ClarkeZ

I completely follow those statements.

Would you agree though, that the budget Mowbray has been given is probably acceptable to give League One a good go? Therefore, where we are at the moment in terms of squad probably rests on his shoulders more than SISU's?

I'm not remotely convinced the budget is close to last season. We have been told so, but I think its quite a bit lower. If it was based on an incorrect gate figure last year, we will be on the correct gate figure, my estimate 15-30% down from last season.
Still other teams will have done it for less. As for TM, my guess is he has a minimum quality idea in his head for players, and has been unwilling to take anyone he doesn't see as meeting or bettering that quality. I have a feeling that those players are either too expensive in reality and/or have signed elsewhere. I think he needed to bring in squad members sooner, even if that meant compromising some quality, then wait for the big 1 or 2 or 3 to make the big impact towards the end of the window.

I think we judge it fully when that window closes, then we panic if nothing has changed.

Ashdown

It comes back to that old scenario though of do you want to sell a handful of tickets at £25 in a 2/3rd empty arena or do you want to sell a few thousand more at say £10-£15. Once the tickets are purchased other spend will follow and the atmosphere can also be improved, plus they might just return !

Sky Blue Kid

Wh

What about 15 players out, on decent wages, and only signing 6 players?
I've always said this mate, but the idiots on here don't see it. The Club has to be self sufficient(Which I understand) but if the money saved from sales and saving on the higher wages were to actually go to the Club, we'd have a decent "War chest" for better players coming in than we have now ;)

Nick

Administrator
It comes back to that old scenario though of do you want to sell a handful of tickets at £25 in a 2/3rd empty arena or do you want to sell a few thousand more at say £10-£15. Once the tickets are purchased other spend will follow and the atmosphere can also be improved, plus they might just return !

That's the issue, I could totally understand if the club could make it up with "other spend" but how?

Ashdown

Well programmes and merchandise for a start but also a bigger Sky Blue crowd adds value to the sponsors and advertisers input, plus like it or lump it, the spend on the concourses adds value to having CCFC there in the eyes of our landlords. It might turn out to be this match day spend that gets the club a better rental deal one day.

ClarkeZ

Dropping from £25 to £10 means you need another 14000 people to rock up each week. Which is clearly unrealistic. I understand what you mean though, there is a balance to be found. But I think our support at the moment is so fed up of mediocrity, not having finished in the top 6 of any league for 25 or something years etc. Maintaining the larger gates for any more than a couple games I think would be a real struggle.

Unless we are seriously contending for automatics or comfortably inside play off places then our gates wont change enough to warrant a significant drop. Some price drop yes, but not significant.
And the issue this year is everyone knows that we don't have a team that can contend at the right end of the table.

Fergusons_Beard

Can someone please explain how Bradford City do it then please? They charge loads less for admission & ground always full (ish).

In went in off Ferguson's beard....

ClarkeZ

Can someone please explain how Bradford City do it then please? They charge loads less for admission & ground always full (ish).

They have better support than us for starters.
They have spent time in the premier league in the last 20 years, had successful promotion campaigns etc. More to shout about, their stadium is in a better location and so on. Unfortunately, I think it comes down to the fact more people want to support Bradford than want to support CCFC. Just making the tickets cheap wont guarantee anything. If Spurs and Accrington had the same ticket prices, they still wont take the same gates..

Nick

Administrator
They have better support than us for starters.
They have spent time in the premier league in the last 20 years, had successful promotion campaigns etc. More to shout about, their stadium is in a better location and so on. Unfortunately, I think it comes down to the fact more people want to support Bradford than want to support CCFC. Just making the tickets cheap wont guarantee anything. If Spurs and Accrington had the same ticket prices, they still wont take the same gates..

We put the prices down last season, there was no massive uptake.

If we put the season tickets at 150, we wouldn't sell enough to make up the difference.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Ha...I knew you were rubbish at numbers and I'd catch you out one day. You say a 'couple of points' then list 10! Busted!

Weeman 1, OSB 649.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have to say that did make me chuckle Weeman ! :)

fernandopartridge

How could they miscalculate the crowd thing, do you buy that "honestly"

Yes, people get budgets wrong all of the time, I can see how it might happen, particularly due to the variations in prices paid for tickets. We'll of course see when the accounts come out.

Sky Blue Kid

that's ok some on here think the club is a charity for wealthy footballers
Some Clubs don't give a s**t about players but most help retired/injured players as much as they can. My old Club paid for everything(Relocating from Scotland to South Wales) When injury forced my retirement.

Ashdown

It's SISU pal, you try talking to so many people around the City and you will hear the same sort of thing...................'Those owners, they are having a laugh with the fans money', SISU are taking whatever they can, there is no investment, they are spending all the money on court cases, admin charges, money laundering, tax avoidance, lying about everything, etc etc

Now even I accept that there is a stack of exaggeration and mistruths from people who plainly don't fully understand the workings of a football club and relative costs but the fact is if that's what these ordinary folk think and it's preventing them from supporting 'Their' club then it's a major stumbling block for CCFC progress.

Nick

Administrator
It's SISU pal, you try talking to so many people around the City and you will hear the same sort of thing...................'Those owners, they are having a laugh with the fans money', SISU are taking whatever they can, there is no investment, they are spending all the money on court cases, admin charges, money laundering, tax avoidance, lying about everything, etc etc

Now even I accept that there is a stack of exaggeration and mistruths from people who plainly don't fully understand the workings of a football club and relative costs but the fact is if that's what these ordinary folk think and it's preventing them from supporting 'Their' club then it's a major stumbling block for CCFC progress.

Glad you agree with what I have been saying about exaggeration and mistruths and that they are an issue.

Just a shame people keep making them up, and when they get corrected start calling everybody SISU Lovers. Also a shame that people who make loads of shit up get so much airtime in the local media to push their crap.

will am i

Here's s crazy idea - we could get more fans to attend games and increase that budget significantly.
Here is a crazier one - invest in a team people might want to watch - its normal for business to invest. . Why would anyone turn up to watch that crap unless they had foolishly bought a season ticket?

Ashdown

Glad you agree with what I have been saying about exaggeration and mistruths and that they are an issue.

Just a shame people keep making them up, and when they get corrected start calling everybody SISU Lovers. Also a shame that people who make loads of shit up get so much airtime in the local media to push their crap.
That really is your biased opinion, there maybe exaggeration and mistruths but the evidence suggests that the hedge fund created their own shit storm and therefore are central to our demise.

Nick

Administrator
That really is your biased opinion, there maybe exaggeration and mistruths but the evidence suggests that the hedge fund created their own shit storm and therefore are central to our demise.

How is it my biased opinion if you are also pointing out mistruths and exaggeration if that was my point?

Sky Blue Kid

Here is a crazier one - invest in a team people might want to watch - its normal for business to invest. . Why would anyone turn up to watch that crap unless they had foolishly bought a season ticket?
Too right mate, Speculate to accumulate if you want results. The onus is on the owners to supply the window dressing that entices customers into the shop to buy. Only a idiot buys something without seeing/trying out, the goods first.

Nick

Administrator
Too right mate, Speculate to accumulate if you want results. The onus is on the owners to supply the window dressing that entices customers into the shop to buy. Only a idiot buys something without seeing/trying out, the goods first.

But they would spend days on internet forums talking about said goods? How is that comparison working?

Sky Blue Kid

But they would spend days on internet forums talking about said goods? How is that comparison working?
I've got your dream car for sale at 10k less than anyone else is offering. are you going to buy it? Or do you want to "Test drive" it first? It's a load of sh**e. The wheels are falling off. The brakes don't work. The engine has done 250k miles and is rattling its bo**ocks off. but I won't let you "Test drive" it...... Do you still want to buy it?

Users who are viewing this thread