Will the Football League condone SISU's actions ? (2 Viewers)

Mucca Mad Boys

<p>

So why spend £30m on a new ground, lose 70% of our support, and still be no better off?

Wouldn't it be more useful to start mending bridges and buy the Ricoh (in a professional way, not by trying to bankrupt it)?

70% of our support wouldn't disappear if we moved into 'south Warwickshire', it would whilst we played outside the city though. In fact, I think Fisher's estimate of 7k if we're doing well is reasonable, I think of we were winning the league we'd get a good attendance - success would make these people soon forget their principles - like the boycotters who went to Crewe in the JPT.

I can't see us not playing at the RICOH for next season - for the record.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I don't subscribe to the argument that just because the Ricoh has conference facilities, nobody will ever go anywhere else.
Another choice of venue within striking distance of Cov in a new, more modern, and possibly better value for money facility could easily end up taking conference business away from the Ricoh.
Tell me youre joking this new stadium boll=ks? You dont actually believe Tims serious do you and even if he was where would he be able to hold conferences etc so now weve gone from a modular stadium to to a facility like the Ricoh:facepalm:

Steve.B50

70% of our support wouldn't disappear if we moved into 'south Warwickshire', it would whilst we played outside the city though. In fact, I think Fisher's estimate of 7k if we're doing well is reasonable, I think of we were winning the league we'd get a good attendance - success would make these people soon forget their principles - like the boycotters who went to Crewe in the JPT.

I can't see us not playing at the RICOH for next season - for the record.

I do not think they will get 1,000 home fans to games. How will we be winning the league, we will be lucky to stay in this league.
On another note how else will the new venue make any money, am sure ACL would be in competition for conferences ect, bet they would even do at cost to bring down the SISU stadium

Grendel

I do not think they will get 1,000 home fans to games. How will we be winning the league, we will be lucky to stay in this league.
On another note how else will the new venue make any money, am sure ACL would be in competition for conferences ect, bet they would even do at cost to bring down the SISU stadium

And you'd probably support ACL in that wouldn't you? Jesus Christ I want my pound back.

Bennets Afro

Fisher said he expects maybe 3k fans, but 7k if successful. Can't see the team ever being successful under SISU

All efforts (30m of them) should go into acquiring the Ricoh

Edit: not that I want SISU to stay. Far from it, but if they stay in charge. That's the direction they should go

Mucca Mad Boys

I know we have shit support but 1000? No way, if we're doing well, we'll get a decent support I think (but in the bigger picture, still poor), it's like those people who boycott now yet I bet they went to Crewe at home! You don't just find 22k fans just like that!

Whatever our current situation, we still have a good team that is well capable of getting top 10 IMO (we came 12th without 10 point deduction but our form suffered from Clarke's injury and Thorn and Shaw's first 8 games).

wingy

I know we have shit support but 1000? No way, if we're doing well, we'll get a decent support I think (but in the bigger picture, still poor), it's like those people who boycott now yet I bet they went to Crewe at home! You don't just find 22k fans just like that!

Whatever our current situation, we still have a good team that is well capable of getting top 10 IMO (we came 12th without 10 point deduction but our form suffered from Clarke's injury and Thorn and Shaw's first 8 games).
Only 25% of respondents to their own Survey were willing to follow them out of the CITY .............whatever that number is.

Mucca Mad Boys

Only 25% of respondents to their own Survey were willing to follow them out of the CITY .............whatever that number is.

How representative is it though? I didn't answer it yet I'd try my best to go. If there were a clear, genuine plan to return to the city then I don't see why people would oppose such a measure, obviously, if you can't go because of a move, that's fair enough. Anyway, I personally don't think it'll come to that, I think we'll be playing in the RICOH come August so it doesn't really matter what any of us think.

Bennets Afro

Maybe cos we have a state of the art modern stadium in the Ricoh and SISU are gonna build us a far inferior stadium with what extra facilities for income?????

They need to go and go soon else the club will die

oakey

Hang on, are you saying we wouldn't be better off owning are own ground, even if it were some basic 20-25k stadium? If so, no wonder people like yourself are opposed to CCFC!

Look, when renting the RICOH, we get nothing from stadium events nor match day revenue, but if we owned our stadium we'd get that, that profit would pay off debt, and after the mortgage is paid, like if it were a house, it'd be 'happy days', pure profit to go on the club, I do mean the long term, maybe even a whole generation, but long-term, it's way more beneficial.

Obviously, in an ideal world, that will be the RICOH, but the CCC won't sell in the foreseeable future, whoever owns us - especially if Cllor Maton is in the majority.
A whole generation?
As most of our fans are over 45 why should they be in favour of such a pie in the sky scenario which they won't live to see? I know you are a teenager but think about that for a moment.
The scenario is utter madness.
7000 is wildly optimistic. My guess would be about 3000 home fans, at the very most. (of course home to Wolves would be more)
The club will dwindle to a non league minnow, or go bust long before.

Steve.B50

Still believe no more than 1,000 Do you know anyone who will go to games outside of City.
We will not have the same team next year.

lifelongcityfan

SISU have no ambition... TF at the forum on Thursday stated we do not need to sign any players ( for a fee), there are plenty available that are out of contract.
I told him that maybe true, but you will not get out of the 3rd division buy signing freebies.
he then went onto to say about developing youth...my reply was that you will sell them as soon as they are saleable...his response was that was what eery club does.
believe me we are dead under sisu.
I would urge every fan to protest at every opportunity to let sisu know that they are not wanted

Last edited:

simple_simon

SISU have no ambition... TF at the forum on Thursday stated we do not need to sign any players ( for a fee), there are plenty available that are out of contract.
I told him that maybe true, but you will not get out of the 3rd division buy signing freebies.
he then went onto to say about developing youth...my reply was that you will sell them as soon as they are saleable...his response was that was what eery club does.
I would urge every fan to protest at every opportunity to let sisu know that they are not wanted

I agree we have no future if we leave the City, no pt for the football side or the fans.

Stop all the moaning and actually do something everyone.

Flying Fokker

Alternatively.
We will release some players in July.
There are loads of reason for not going.

The fans will not travel to Walsall in thousands. Lucky if 3000 city there.

Last edited:

simple_simon

Sky BLue Taylor
Why do you think we might get more than 1,000 home fans to go to a home game in Walsall or where ever?
I do not know of one person who will go, am sure there will be the odd one but I don't know of any.
The away fans will bring double as they will want to see what's going on and out number a big club like us, even Crewe will have more fans than us.
The only hence of getting a gate of 3k is away fans.

On another note,do you know how hard it s to get to Nene Park?

stupot07

Doncaster didn't spend a penny last season and got promoted, Yeovil spent about as much as we did last season and got promoted.

Mucca Mad Boys

Sky BLue Taylor
Why do you think we might get more than 1,000 home fans to go to a home game in Walsall or where ever?
I do not know of one person who will go, am sure there will be the odd one but I don't know of any.
The away fans will bring double as they will want to see what's going on and out number a big club like us, even Crewe will have more fans than us.
The only hence of getting a gate of 3k is away fans.

On another note,do you know how hard it s to get to Nene Park?

I'm sorry but we're not going to be playing in Walsall or Nene Park! If you believe that it's no wonder there are many gullible people on here! Nene Park is used by people (largely by 'anti-SISU posters) to scaremonger, moving there has no economic viability because crowds would be about 1000-2000 there and it would be a disaster. Walsall is different. We took around 2k to the away game despite tickets not being available for a week or 2.

Wherever we do move, I'm confident the club will offer travel to get there, maybe free travel to encourage people to go and I'm confident that if we did well, we'd get around 7k, if we didn't, that's just a pathetic effort!

Are you telling me that if we got say, Man U in the cup, you wouldn't go!? Full of shit.

Mucca Mad Boys

Still believe no more than 1,000 Do you know anyone who will go to games outside of City.
We will not have the same team next year.

It's one of those, we'll wait and see, but if that's all we can muster, then we should be ashamed of ourselves because that'd be absolutely embarrassing!

Mucca Mad Boys

Our best players were frees last season - Moussa, Murphy, Clarke, McG (if loans count as a free), Bailey (1st half), Adams, Fleck, Jennings.

Just because you spend money on a player, doesn't mean he's going to be better than a freebie, for example, Eastwood, Barton.

lifelongcityfan

It's one of those, we'll wait and see, but if that's all we can muster, then we should be ashamed of ourselves because that'd be absolutely embarrassing!

SBT...you are missing the point. Virtually everyone is now totally pissed off by sisu. Loads have left and those of us that remain are demoralised by sisu's actions. Whilst they remain, gates will drop ( wherever we play) and the ground share WILL be a failure.
If SISU left, our gates would double overnight as long as the owners showed some ambition.
SISU have no interest in the playing side of the club, all they want to do is tu create an asset ( by building/acquiring) a stadium to offset their losses.
If you think they seek to improve materially improve the playing staff then I am afraid you wil be dissapointed

bigfatronssba

Why would I want to go and watch another towns football team?

Voice_of_Reason

The point of my thread is just that -- we already have a 32,000 seater stadium - the Ricoh ! Not only that, the club has a legal committment and obligation to play there ! The rent is a problem, but ACL has publicly said the doors are STILL OPEN for negotiation on the existing lease. My arguement is that if the Football League sanction a move away when the club already has a stadium and legal agreement to play there they would be giving SISU a pat on the back and say yes, we agree with you breaking its agreement. What signal does this give out ? There is the morality issue the League has to consider too !

ccfcway

SBT...you are missing the point. Virtually everyone is now totally pissed off by sisu. Loads have left and those of us that remain are demoralised by sisu's actions. Whilst they remain, gates will drop ( wherever we play) and the ground share WILL be a failure.
If SISU left, our gates would double overnight as long as the owners showed some ambition.
SISU have no interest in the playing side of the club, all they want to do is tu create an asset ( by building/acquiring) a stadium to offset their losses.
If you think they seek to improve materially improve the playing staff then I am afraid you wil be dissapointed

Dunno what you mean..TF didnt attend the creditors meeting, as he had "better" things to do. He was with Pressley discussing next seasons squad :sleep:

Mucca Mad Boys

I don't think this is the case. People just cba anymore, that's why they don't go, not all because of SISU, those boycotters won't be in a hurry to return when SISU leave.

SISU clearly do have an interest in the playing squad - there's no evidence they don't - hence they signed 20 players last season and we will sign, I think, at least 5 before deadline day.

stupot07

Les Reid reckons the current lease agreement is null and void.

@Lesreidpolitics: @SkyBlueBen @covangrybird Yes, up until the lease agreement became void when Ltd went into admin. As you know, ACL will likely get back a %

More importantly for the fans, one of the football league's 'Values' is the community.

"COMMUNITY: We are at the heart of 72 communities across England and Wales, and share the pride and heritage of each"

By allowing SISU to disregard CCFC supporters and take the club out of the community and away from it it's community asset, the Ricoh Arena, they would be failing one of their own principles.

CCFCDan87

Doncaster didn't spend a penny last season and got promoted, Yeovil spent about as much as we did last season and got promoted.

IMO shows how poor league1 was the season just gone. We missed a great opportunity to go up. Next year will be much harder for a variety or reasons. Taylor very deluded if he thinks will be at the top.

Flying Fokker

Les Reid reckons the current lease agreement is null and void.

@Lesreidpolitics: @SkyBlueBen @covangrybird Yes, up until the lease agreement became void when Ltd went into admin. As you know, ACL will likely get back a %

Holdings owe the money. CCFC ltd were non trading.

Mucca Mad Boys

IMO shows how poor league1 was the season just gone. We missed a great opportunity to go up. Next year will be much harder for a variety or reasons. Taylor very deluded if he thinks will be at the top.

I can't remember saying we'll top the league? I said we have a squad that is worthy of a top 10 spot.

I said that we'd get a good turnout, even if we're away from Coventry if we are top - that's saying something completely different.

The L1 season just past was in fact a good season (not for us, the league).

Sick Boy

This was after we were all told on here that no real manager would want to manage us, and no one would want to sign for us. These people then suddenly declared our team was very strong for this league, and the depth of our squad would get us promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread