Will the Football League condone SISU's actions ? (1 Viewer)

J

Jack Griffin

First 8 games were a unmitigated disaster and Robins had us playing well and we had good form, particularly in November and December. In February, Clarke got injured which had a colossal impact on results (only one who was scoring).

Thorn signed some really bad players: Edj, Malaga, Brown, Ball, Elliott, Kilbane, and he didn't sign players to replace shit players e.g. Hussey and Cody as well as not signing players in positions we need, namely wingers.

SISU, credit given when credit is due, have backed their managers this season.

The table doesn't lie

Nonleagueherewecome

Am I sidestepping the issue? You said they've invested nothing, which is untrue, they invested, but invested badly, but worse still, we were losing money, so we had to sell players whilst bringing players in for less but to say they've invested nothing when on fees alone it totals 8m in total (minus agent fees, wages loan fees and loan wages) is totally untrue, irrational and counter-factual

We signed Cody the season we went 400-500k, before that Keogh was around 200-400k plus Juke (I don't know his fee, heard from 100k to 1m), Platt before that but bear in mind that McSheffrey and King came on big wage packets.

Last season, there has been investment; we signed 20 players, we signed Fleck, Moussa, Barton (100k), Adams, Clarke, McG, Stewart, Elliott, Jennings, Edj, Malaga, Bailey and the rest... You have to pay for the upkeep of these players and just because all but one were freebies, doesn't mean they aren't bad players, the 2 best players on there were Clarke and McG, who were free/loaned. Compare to Eastwood, considerable investment 1.25m is an incredible amount to CCFC yet, was shite.

Like I've said before, I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise SISU's transfer policy this season.

You keeping talking about "facts"..if your arguments are so solid as you seem to believe, why do you then feel the need to at least double the transfer fees of these two players?

Barton was paid for entirely by Deegan's fee, btw. We didn't spend a penny on players last season. Judging from Fisher's words at the meeting with fans last week, if SISU remain in charge, hell will freeze over before they spend a fee on a player again!

Grendel

You keeping talking about "facts"..if your arguments are so solid as you seem to believe, why do you then feel the need to at least double the transfer fees of these two players?

Barton was paid for entirely by Deegan's fee, btw. We didn't spend a penny on players last season. Judging from Fisher's words at the meeting with fans last week, if SISU remain in charge, hell will freeze over before they spend a fee on a player again!

There is not one media report that says McDonald cost less than £400,000.

Plenty like this though;
DARTFORD have revealed they'll receive a cash windfall from Cody McDonald's transfer deadline day move to Coventry City.

The striker joined the Sky Blues from Norwich City last week in a move thought to be worth between £400,000 and £500,000.

That deal will result in a cash boost for McDonald's old club Dartford, who agreed a 20 per cent sell on fee from any profit when selling the forward to the Canaries in January 2009.

Chairman Dave Skinner told kentnews.co.uk: “We had a sell-on clause in Cody’s contract, but as the transfer to Coventry was undisclosed I have no idea how much it will be. We’re waiting for Norwich to contact us.

“It’s always useful when something like this happens. We’re all really pleased with how Cody has done and hope he does well at Coventry.”

Nonleagueherewecome

There is not one media report that says McDonald cost less than £400,000.

Plenty like this though;
DARTFORD have revealed they'll receive a cash windfall from Cody McDonald's transfer deadline day move to Coventry City.

The striker joined the Sky Blues from Norwich City last week in a move thought to be worth between £400,000 and £500,000.

That deal will result in a cash boost for McDonald's old club Dartford, who agreed a 20 per cent sell on fee from any profit when selling the forward to the Canaries in January 2009.

Chairman Dave Skinner told kentnews.co.uk: “We had a sell-on clause in Cody’s contract, but as the transfer to Coventry was undisclosed I have no idea how much it will be. We’re waiting for Norwich to contact us.

“It’s always useful when something like this happens. We’re all really pleased with how Cody has done and hope he does well at Coventry.”

I can't be bothered to search to prove you wrong, but it was undisclosed with hearsay as to the fee. Most that I heard and read was around 300k. There was plenty of conjecture that it was much lower on the radio and Eakin was adamant that it was "much lower than has been reported, nearer 200-300k".

No way would we have spent half-a-million, it's much more than what Le Fondre went for and McDonald was never worth close to as much as him, he was recently a non-league player unproven above L2 and not as proven at that level as the likes of Le Fondre. As for Keogh, it was so low to be described as "nominal".

ajsccfc

How is it spin - it's pure facts.

We would've got relegated if they didn't come in the first place.

We'd have lost 10 points, but with a lot of the season still to play. It's not factual to say we'd have definitely been relegated, even if it is overwhelmingly likely.

Mucca Mad Boys

I've quoting reported facts, I'm aware Keogh was 'undisclosed', because it went to a tribunal which it I've heard from 200-400k, you also have hearsay, so to say

Deegan left on a free, 50% of Bigi money went to youth, god knows where Keogh's money.

To me, it doesn't matter how much you spend, it's what you bring in, SISU have a terrbile record of signing talent, BUT, they have spent moeny, no one can deny that. Keogh, if was a 'nominal' or 200-400k it doesn't matter, he was a good player for us. As for Cody, you have no substantial evidence that it wasn't 400-500k expect for hearsay - whereas the reported fee has come from Sky and other reliable sources - have a conversation about it when you have something that is remote substantial - deal? Evidence that SISU have invested - just poorly. In fairness, I'd like to believe we didn't pay 400-500k for Cody because that would've been the biggest waste since Eastwood, so 200-300k, whilst a rip off, better than 400-500k. As for investment, we paid for Cody, but compare him to Clarke, Clarke was a free, yet scores goals and was a good investment (agent fee, wages etc.) fee isn't everything as some believe.

Last edited:

The Penguin

SISU have a terrbile record of signing talent

To be fair to them, all they did was provide the gun. Other parties were the ones who pulled the trigger.

One thing it's hard to blame SISU for is wasting money on players like Cody McDonald. That was a footballing decision made by the manager at the time, SISU (as far as I know) had nothing to do with footballing decisions. Unless you count Ken Doucheoulieu trying to be a 'director of football'.....

Actually, on reflection - the Doucheoulieu era was one where SISU probably did have more say in footballing decisions than they should have. Case in point- David Bell's 938 year contract extension :)

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

We'd have lost 10 points, but with a lot of the season still to play. It's not factual to say we'd have definitely been relegated, even if it is overwhelmingly likely.

It's so overwhelmingly likely it's not even worth an argument - yet some people would obstinately refuse we would've went down that season as it is convenient in the these that its purely SISU that got us to L1 - admitted,y, admin probably would've been better back then (with hindsight) because we would've just took the pill quicker, but I think it's almost dead certain we would've got relegated that season, ESPECIALLY, if admin would've had a detrimental effect as it did this season.

dongonzalos

It's so overwhelmingly likely it's not even worth an argument - yet some people would obstinately refuse we would've went down that season as it is convenient in the these that its purely SISU that got us to L1 - admitted,y, admin probably would've been better back then (with hindsight) because we would've just took the pill quicker, but I think it's almost dead certain we would've got relegated that season, ESPECIALLY, if admin would've had a detrimental effect as it did this season.

And probably got owners who had a main plan of using a successful football club to build relationships and make money through other avenues. Hopefully we get that now.

The Penguin

And probably got owners who had a main plan of using a successful football club to build relationships and make money through other avenues. Hopefully we get that now.

Maybe.

Unfortunately, much like the "we woulda been relegated if SISU hadn't taken us over" argument, it's irrelevant because it didn't happen.

And yes, hopefully we get that now. Though it would be nice if whoever is successful in taking us over (assuming it's not SISU) is a bit more transparent than our current owners, and can demonstrate something approaching a semblance of a clue about running a football club, otherwise we'll be back to square one in a few years.

dadgad

The Club has a legal agreement to play it's fixtures at the Ricoh.. the fact SISU can't afford to pay the rent does not make the lease agreement illegal. Should the Football League sanction a move away it would be condoning SISU's actions in not paying the rent it is legally obliged to do so. There is a legally agreement in place for the club to play at the Ricoh.

I have emailed the Football League to this effect.

The Football League Board meets on Wednesday, 5th June -- you have just 3 days left to contact the Football League expressing you concerns. [email protected]

B.O.T.

This is what started this thread, Brenda.
Many blame Sisu or ACL but the FL have a role too.

Users who are viewing this thread