Will the Football League condone SISU's actions ? (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

We ill not get good gates ext season under the present owners.
My views:
Playing home games away from Coventry. 1,000 home fans.
At RIcoh under SISU. 6,000
At Ricoh under new owners 12,000

dadgad

More importantly for the fans, one of the football league's 'Values' is the community.

"COMMUNITY: We are at the heart of 72 communities across England and Wales, and share the pride and heritage of each"

By allowing SISU to disregard CCFC supporters and take the club out of the community and away from it it's community asset, the Ricoh Arena, they would be failing one of their own principles.

This is a very good point.
It is time for the FL to stand up and be counted.
How can they countenance endorsing "3 years away" when no deal has been struck, no land acquired, no PP granted.
It is absurd.
If the FL do not want political interference in football they have to demonstrate they can keep their house in order.

Mucca Mad Boys

Look at the players we had when they first taken over and look now. If you seriously believe they have on the field matters as best interest then your very much mistaken

What about that team? I can remember that it actually got improved in their first 2-3 windows:

Dann & Fox - 1m - received good bid for Dann and (in hindsight) a satisfactory bid for Fox. - Fox in the prem and Dann was linked with Arsenal + L'pool
Eastwood - 1.25m - biggest waste of money I've seen - but, we all thought he was going to be really good. - left on a free because he was shit
Morrison - free - lets face it, we thought he was going to be awesome - wasn't worth his expensive wage - now in L1
Gunnarsson - 250k - contract ran out and wanted to move on to bigger and better things - now in the prem
Zavon Hines - loan, turned out v average - wasn't this a view to a permanent? - sorry that's on is 09/10
Schmiechel - loan - a good one - at incester
Westwood - 750k - left on a free, shame form under AB was shite after Xmas - we were in a shit position because Celtic being cunts
Wright - free - shit, but came with some pedigree - wasn't THAT bad when he first came albeit always injured - glad he's non-existent now
Beuzelin - meant to quality... - free - turned out bad but that was against expectations.
Henderson - loan - a bloody good one - now England + L'pool player
McPake - undisclosed - probably about 100k - left for free, injury prone, decent player, now at Hibs
Simpson - 40k - now left Oldham
David Bell - 500k - still lingering here.

Total: 4.1m in transfers in their first year - not including loan fees etc and wages for flops... You were saying? The fans just couldn't pull their weight to get to the 'break even' target, so we lost money, and talent as a result (plus 1.28m rent with no revenue and an underperforming manager!)

Oh I forgot Best - best add another 650k, since SISU's predecessors refused to pay his fee - making that nearly 5m. - first year alone in transfers.

Damn there're are some awesome players on that list!

Last edited:

CCFCDan87

What about that team? I can remember that it actually got improved in their first 2-3 windows:

Dann & Fox - 1m - received good bid for Dann and (in hindsight) a satisfactory bid for Fox. - Fox in the prem and Dann was linked with Arsenal + L'pool
Eastwood - 1.25m - biggest waste of money I've seen - but, we all thought he was going to be really good. - left on a free because he was shit
Morrison - free - lets face it, we thought he was going to be awesome - wasn't worth his expensive wage - now in L1
Gunnarsson - 250k - contract ran out and wanted to move on to bigger and better things - now in the prem
Zavon Hines - loan, turned out v average - wasn't this a view to a permanent? - sorry that's on is 09/10
Schmiechel - loan - a good one - at incester
Westwood - 750k - left on a free, shame form under AB was shite after Xmas - we were in a shit position because Celtic being c-units
Wright - free - shit, but came with some pedigree - wasn't THAT bad when he first came albeit always injured - glad he's non-existent now
Beuzelin - meant to quality... - free - turned out bad but that was against expectations.
Henderson - loan - a bloody good one - now England + L'pool player
McPake - undisclosed - probably about 100k - left for free, injury prone, decent player, now at Hibs
Simpson - 40k - now left Oldham
David Bell - 500k - still lingering here.

Total: 4.1m in transfers in their first year - not including loan fees etc and wages for flops... You were saying? The fans just couldn't pull their weight to get to the 'break even' target, so we lost money, and talent as a result (plus 1.28m rent with no revenue and an underperforming manager!)

Oh I forgot Best - best add another 650k, since SISU's predecessors refused to pay his fee - making that nearly 5m. - first year alone in transfers.

Damn there're are some awesome players on that list!

And that lasted how long?? They came in for a quick buck to get to the prem, once they realised its tougher then first imagined the investment stopped. Look at our relegation season. No investment and it cost us dearly and awesome players, oh please

Last edited:

Mucca Mad Boys

And that lasted how long?? They came in for a quick buck to get to the prem, once they realised its tougher then first imagined the investment stopped. Look at our relegation season. No investment and it cost us dearly and awesome players, oh please

What happened is that we lost money, effectively every week, and measures were taken to balance the books, that's why we had to sell Dann and Fox. The next season we brought in Clingan (650k), McIndoe (250-350k), Cranie (500k), Wood (undisclosed, but around 500k I believe), Hussey (50-100k), Deegan (€90k, don't know what the exchange rate is) and Baker (around 250k) - another 2m after selling fox and Dann for 5.5, so nearly 50% on that revenue back into the squad - again, without loans and wages added on. So over 7m so far. You still stand by your guns?

Gunnarsson, Henderson, Westwood, Dann, Fox are awesome players for our standard, even when we were in the Championship.

You said they've never had an interest in the playing staff, and you've been comprehensively been disproved.

There's a correlation that the more money we've lost, the less money spent on transfers.

SISU have invested in the team, just not invested well - but that's another argument.

CCFCDan87

What happened is that we lost money, effectively every week, and measures were taken to balance the books, that's why we had to sell Dann and Fox. The next season we brought in Clingan (650k), McIndoe (250-350k), Cranie (500k), Wood (undisclosed, but around 500k I believe), Hussey (50-100k), Deegan (€90k, don't know what the exchange rate is) and Baker (around 250k) - another 2m after selling fox and Dann for 5.5, so nearly 50% on that revenue back into the squad - again, without loans and wages added on. So over 7m so far. You still stand by your guns?

Gunnarsson, Henderson, Westwood, Dann, Fox are awesome players for our standard, even when we were in the Championship.

You said they've never had an interest in the playing staff, and you've been comprehensively been disproved.

There's a correlation that the more money we've lost, the less money spent on transfers.

SISU have invested in the team, just not invested well - but that's another argument.

You side stepped the main issue again. Look at the past 3 years and what investment have SISU done? You talk about correlation. Main correlation is last 3 years no investment for on the field and we are now in our lowest predicament for most fans living memory. You keep talking about the first 2 years. I'd rather talk about present and where we've come to now. Lower reaches of 3rd tier league. It's horrible to see and it's down to SISU

valiant15

You side stepped the main issue again. Look at the past 3 years and what investment have SISU done? You talk about correlation. Main correlation is last 3 years no investment for on the field and we are now in our lowest predicament for most fans living memory. You keep talking about the first 2 years. I'd rather talk about present and where we've come to now. Lower reaches of 3rd tier league. It's horrible to see and it's down to SISU
Dont waste your breath mate.

Mucca Mad Boys

Am I sidestepping the issue? You said they've invested nothing, which is untrue, they invested, but invested badly, but worse still, we were losing money, so we had to sell players whilst bringing players in for less but to say they've invested nothing when on fees alone it totals 8m in total (minus agent fees, wages loan fees and loan wages) is totally untrue, irrational and counter-factual

We signed Cody the season we went 400-500k, before that Keogh was around 200-400k plus Juke (I don't know his fee, heard from 100k to 1m), Platt before that but bear in mind that McSheffrey and King came on big wage packets.

Last season, there has been investment; we signed 20 players, we signed Fleck, Moussa, Barton (100k), Adams, Clarke, McG, Stewart, Elliott, Jennings, Edj, Malaga, Bailey and the rest... You have to pay for the upkeep of these players and just because all but one were freebies, doesn't mean they aren't bad players, the 2 best players on there were Clarke and McG, who were free/loaned. Compare to Eastwood, considerable investment 1.25m is an incredible amount to CCFC yet, was shite.

Like I've said before, I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise SISU's transfer policy this season.

CCFCDan87

Am I sidestepping the issue? You said they've invested nothing, which is untrue, they invested, but invested badly, but worse still, we were losing money, so we had to sell players whilst bringing players in for less but to say they've invested nothing when on fees alone it totals 8m in total (minus agent fees, wages loan fees and loan wages) is totally untrue, irrational and counter-factual

We signed Cody the season we went 400-500k, before that Keogh was around 200-400k plus Juke (I don't know his fee, heard from 100k to 1m), Platt before that but bear in mind that McSheffrey and King came on big wage packets.

Last season, there has been investment; we signed 20 players, we signed Fleck, Moussa, Barton (100k), Adams, Clarke, McG, Stewart, Elliott, Jennings, Edj, Malaga, Bailey and the rest... You have to pay for the upkeep of these players and just because all but one were freebies, doesn't mean they aren't bad players, the 2 best players on there were Clarke and McG, who were free/loaned. Compare to Eastwood, considerable investment 1.25m is an incredible amount to CCFC yet, was shite.

Like I've said before, I think it's incredibly unfair to criticise SISU's transfer policy this season.

You can try and spin all you want. The reason we are where we are is because of SISU.

J

Jack Griffin

1) Why stick with failures
2) This seasons transfers amounted to mid table 3rd division (even with 10 pts restored), so what is the merit in that, its poor poor poor..

Sick Boy

It wasn't long ago that those who are labelling the squad as poor, claimed that it was one of the best in the league.

Mucca Mad Boys

1) Why stick with failures
2) This seasons transfers amounted to mid table 3rd division (even with 10 pts restored), so what is the merit in that, its poor poor poor..

First 8 games were a unmitigated disaster and Robins had us playing well and we had good form, particularly in November and December. In February, Clarke got injured which had a colossal impact on results (only one who was scoring).

Thorn signed some really bad players: Edj, Malaga, Brown, Ball, Elliott, Kilbane, and he didn't sign players to replace shit players e.g. Hussey and Cody as well as not signing players in positions we need, namely wingers.

SISU, credit given when credit is due, have backed their managers this season.

Mucca Mad Boys

The only fact is we are in league 1 and finished mid table in it. Enough facts for me to say SISU have wrecked this club

But it's a fact that -10 points the season SISU came in (because we went into admin after the doomsday clock hit '0') we would've relegated anyway.

Mucca Mad Boys

Would we? Can have Tuesday euro million numbers aswell?

Considering we only survived by 1 point, that's why needed Leicester to draw because our inferior GD would've sent us down so I think it's safe to assume we would got relegated if we got a 10 point deduction.

CCFCDan87

Considering we only survived by 1 point, that's why needed Leicester to draw because our inferior GD would've sent us down so I think it's safe to assume we would got relegated if we got a 10 point deduction.

Hmmm and since then saints who SISU tried to take control, happened to get relegated and put into admin and now look where they are. All ifs and buts but SISU have caused this

simple_simon

Can I ask you a question?
You said you our not come and demonstrate in London due to revision and an exam, so why are you on here more than anyone else.?

I suggest your not a true fan, your full of crap and probably only been to a game as a JSB?

The Reverend Skyblue

It's one of those, we'll wait and see, but if that's all we can muster, then we should be ashamed of ourselves because that'd be absolutely embarrassing!

I believe in the opposite in everything you say. If we get 1000 at Walsall to me it shows that the majority of loyal fans of Coventry will not be swayed by owners who lie and deceive, and owners who have brought shame onto our club. It is called protesting and standing up for what you believe , and if 6-8000 fans stick by their principles and say "not a penny more" and don't go to bloody Walsall or wherever, then we have fans that DO Care about the club and its future, and if we stick together in the next few years the demise of SISU will be complete.

I firmly believe the fans who go to watch Cov in another town/city are the ones who don't give a shit about the clubs future.

I have watched this club since the late sixties, and I will not watch or be part of a hedge fund systematically destroy something I have loved for 45 years. They have bought shame on the club, and dragged our once great club through the shite, until it is where it is today, in the gutter, and yet we have some people willing to support them more and help them to finally destroy it

Sick Boy

I am certain that it would not have got to that point had Ranson kept Dowie in charge rather than bringing in Coleman.

covmark

Hmmm and since then saints who SISU tried to take control, happened to get relegated and put into admin and now look where they are. All ifs and buts but SISU have caused this
Saints got lucky and stumbled across a billionaire

Sick Boy

We are lucky that their fans have class and choose to forget the fact that a lot of our fans were gloating on their forums about sisu taking us over, and basically taking the piss out of them. These are probably the same people who are the militant anti-sisu lot.

Mucca Mad Boys

I believe in the opposite in everything you say. If we get 1000 at Walsall to me it shows that the majority of loyal fans of Coventry will not be swayed by owners who lie and deceive, and owners who have brought shame onto our club. It is called protesting and standing up for what you believe , and if 6-8000 fans stick by their principles and say "not a penny more" and don't go to bloody Walsall or wherever, then we have fans that DO Care about the club and its future, and if we stick together in the next few years the demise of SISU will be complete.

I firmly believe the fans who go to watch Cov in another town/city are the ones who don't give a shit about the clubs future.

I have watched this club since the late sixties, and I will not watch or be part of a hedge fund systematically destroy something I have loved for 45 years. They have bought shame on the club, and dragged our once great club through the shite, until it is where it is today, in the gutter, and yet we have some people willing to support them more and help them to finally destroy it

How is not going saving the club?

The narrow-minded think it'll force SISU out, I don't think it would, but it may persuade them to actually liquidate the club if we were to have no fans as we'd be insolvent, also, we support the team, not the board, it'd a far more effective 'protest' if we had a full house chanting 'we want SISU out' than not turning up. It'd also put off investors as well in my eyes.

If these plans go ahead, I wonder how many of these boycotters will come back after SISU go and CCFC come back to Coventry - a minority % I'd bet.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how turning up to support your club is actually not supporting your club? That doesn't make sense. It's a football team and you go to watch the football.

While I'm here, I may as well make this comparison: this boycott reminds we of the Boycott of Jewish Shops in Germany (1933), the Nazis thought it was going to bankrupt Jewish businesses, it did no such thing and the boycott was lifted after a massive 1 day - sorry, just school stuff from last year coming to mind. But people are going to get hyped about this boycott and it'll fail, embarrassing the club at the same time.

Last edited:

CCFCDan87

Saints got lucky and stumbled across a billionaire

Stumbled across a billionaire lol. saints rejected SISU for whatever reason, we didn't. Both clubs in similar position at the time. Now look at the two clubs? I wouldn't call it lucky I'd call it good judgement

The Reverend Skyblue

How is not going saving the club?

The narrow-minded think it'll force SISU out, I don't think it would, but it may persuade them to actually liquidate the club if we were to have no fans as we'd be insolvent, also, we support the team, not the board, it'd a far more effective 'protest' if we had a full house chanting 'we want SISU out' than not turning up. It'd also put off investors as well in my eyes.

If these plans go ahead, I wonder how many of these boycotters will come back after SISU go and CCFC come back to Coventry - a minority % I'd bet.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how turning up to support your club is actually not supporting your club? That doesn't make sense. It's a football team and you go to watch the football.

While I'm here, I may as well make this comparison: this boycott reminds we of the Boycott of Jewish Shops in Germany (1933), the Nazis thought it was going to bankrupt Jewish businesses, it did no such thing and the boycott was lifted after a massive 1 day - sorry, just school stuff from last year coming to mind. But people are going to get hyped about this boycott and it'll fail, embarrassing the club at the same time.

Skybluetaylor if you thought that boycotting Jewish business's in Germany in the late thirties/fourties didn't bring them to lose there livelihoods, and everything else they had, then you really need a history lesson or two.Do you actually think Jewish business's survived or even prospered after the boycott was called, what planet are you on. Has someone actually taught you that it was lifted after 1 day, my god where did you go to school.

If you really care about this club, the only action left for us is to boycott the games at home ,played away from the Ricoh, now and for the next 3 years. When this pathetic 8000 stadium is built, i'll give it a year before its mothballed.
Its time for action, starve the fuckers of the thing they crave,MONEY, and believe me they will head for the hills faster than Usain Bolt on crack

Last edited:

CCFCDan87

Skybluetaylor if you thought that boycotting Jewish business's in Germany in the late thirties/fourties didn't bring them to lose there livelihoods, and everything else they had, then you really need a history lesson or two.Do you actually think Jewish business's survived or even prospered after the boycott was called, what planet are you on. Has someone actually taught you that it was lifted after 1 day, my god where did you go to school.

If you really care about this club, the only action left for us is to boycott the games at home ,played away from the Ricoh, now and for the next 3 years. When this pathetic 8000 stadium is built, i'll give it a year before its mothballed.
Its time for action, starve the feckers of the thing they crave,MONEY, and believe me they will head for the hills faster than Usain Bolt on crack

Said the same 2 months ago bud and i got slated for it.

covmark

Stumbled across a billionaire lol. saints rejected SISU for whatever reason, we didn't. Both clubs in similar position at the time. Now look at the two clubs? I wouldn't call it lucky I'd call it good judgement
I don't dispute turning down sisu was good judgement, but they were damn lucky a multi billionaire wanted to pump his cash into a div 3 team.

CCFCDan87

I don't dispute turning down sisu was good judgement, but they were damn lucky a multi billionaire wanted to pump his cash into a div 3 team.

We never have a fairytale story equalivant to them that's for sure. But who knows what would have happened if SISU didn't come in on dday

Users who are viewing this thread