Match Thread Wolves Freindly (1 Viewer)

covcity4life

It's been referenced in various CT articles and has been discussed numerous times on here?

Not really sure how more common it can get.
I never heard it myself till today. I'm not disputing it and I have taken the info on board now in my assessment of bright.

Happy_Martian

It's been referenced in various CT articles and has been discussed numerous times on here?

Not really sure how more common it can get.

Grimmer and Davies even mentioned it on the Sky Blue Extra podcast. One of them phoned Bright when he wasn't at Ryton for a meeting (or training, can't remember which) and he told them he was in Germany. In the same podcast, his dislike for team meetings was discussed.

We can all agree that Bright has a lot of untapped talent but for his age, he seems to have let the footballer lifestyle disrupt what could have been a good career. Reminds me a bit of Noel Whelan who had too much too young when he came to us from Leeds. He only settled down once Strachan took him under his wing. Robins may be emulating that management approach with Bright.

I'm not alone when I've commented on Bright's past with amusement but I really hope the guy gets his head right and can perform for us on the pitch. And I honestly think Robins, Viveash and the backroom team can help him if he steps up and helps himself.

COV

Grimmer and Davies even mentioned it on the Sky Blue Extra podcast. One of them phoned Bright when he wasn't at Ryton for a meeting (or training, can't remember which) and he told them he was in Germany. In the same podcast, his dislike for team meetings was discussed.

We can all agree that Bright has a lot of untapped talent but for his age, he seems to have let the footballer lifestyle disrupt what could have been a good career. Reminds me a bit of Noel Whelan who had too much too young when he came to us from Leeds. He only settled down once Strachan took him under his wing. Robins may be emulating that management approach with Bright.

I'm not alone when I've commented on Bright's past with amusement but I really hope the guy gets his head right and can perform for us on the pitch. And I honestly think Robins, Viveash and the backroom team can help him if he steps up and helps himself.

I get what you mean and not disagreeing, but I would argue that Whelan produced way more than Bright has at comparable stages of their careers, and even when Whelan was kicking windows through he would usually deliver on the pitch, I'm not sure we can say that Bright has done that yet.

higgs

I get what you mean and not disagreeing, but I would argue that Whelan produced way more than Bright has at comparable stages of their careers, and even when Whelan was kicking windows through he would usually deliver on the pitch, I'm not sure we can say that Bright has done that yet.
The way bright is going he will never play as many top flight games as Whelan if any

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

AOM

Innocent until proven guilty imo, but with Bright's reputation at previous clubs, there's always going to be speculation if he doesn't show, and I wouldn't be surprised if there will be more instances throughout the season.

If he does miss training sessions, matches, meetings, etc without a valid excuse though, we should get rid asap

Sick Boy

I know there are those on here comparing Bright to Best and Maradona but Whelan was a completely different level to Bright.

Grendel

I know there are those on here comparing Bright to Best and Maradona but Whelan was a completely different level to Bright.

Of course he was, its embarrassing to be honest the hyperbole around him. He's been given a chance he does not deserve - the fact excuses are dished out by the likes of Danny Thomas shows the lack of respect for the rest of the squad

Grendel

Are you still buying me a pint every time you mention Bright because I’m trying to cut down.

My liver is reaching the end of its days. My doctor said to me me why do you drink so much? I said I decided I would drink a pint every time Danny Thomas mentioned me.

He said "how do you consume 100 pints a day and still type more sense than than arse kissing twat"

True story

Ccfcisparks

My liver is reaching the end of its days. My doctor said to me me why do you drink so much? I said I decided I would drink a pint every time Danny Thomas mentioned me.

He said "how do you consume 100 pints a day and still type more sense than than arse kissing twat"

True story
100 pints?! Youre drinking more than DOD Grendel

Happy_Martian

Not commenting on their footballing skills. I'm referring about their off-field issues and how the manager handled them at the time

DannyThomas_1981

Of course he was, its embarrassing to be honest the hyperbole around him. He's been given a chance he does not deserve - the fact excuses are dished out by the likes of Danny Thomas shows the lack of respect for the rest of the squad

Jesus Christ.

As always looking to write one of our players off without having a remote idea of how the squad feels or even what has happened- you just can't help yourself can you?

As for respect - come on. How much respect do you show to the team/squad/manager on here?

For whatever fcuked up reason you live to constantly deride, mock and criticise certain players and after a couple of defeats it will be a fifth call in 5 years for a taxi for Robins won't it?

You are the last person who can talk about respect to the squad/team.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Jesus Christ.

As always looking to write one of our players off without having a remote idea of how the squad feels or even what has happened- you just can't help yourself can you?

As for respect - come on. How much respect do you show to the team/squad/manager on here?

For whatever fcuked up reason you live to constantly deride, mock and criticise certain players and after a couple of defeats it will be a fifth call in 5 years for a taxi for Robins won't it?

You are the last person who can talk about respect to the squad/team.

Another Stella - sorry Doc

COV

Not commenting on their footballing skills. I'm referring about their off-field issues and how the manager handled them at the time

I think with Whelan though there was also a willingness- he knew he kept getting dragged into drunken scrapes & trouble, and was happy to get that help from Strachan. With Bright- and I hope I'm wrong- there doesn't seem to be any desire to sort himself out. I guess we'll see soon enough, it would be some waste to just drift out of the game.

DannyThomas_1981

Exactly no one has compared Bright to Maradona or Best - 2 of the greatest players ever.

It was just a reference to players with off the field issues.

But of course the 'haters' jumped on the comparison to try to make those who are defending a player (heaven forbid we want a member of the team to succeed - what the fcuk) look stupid.

One day we might even have fans who truly want our players to succeed vs. those who don't.

Reading this you would think that Bright has been caught high on class A drugs attempting to burn down the Jimmy Hill statue followed by trying to shag Lady Godiva in the City Centre after beating up Grendel's taxi driver.

Reactions: vow

Grendel

Exactly no one has compared Bright to Maradona or Best - 2 of the greatest players ever.

But of course the 'haters' jumped on the comparison to try to make those who are defending a player (heaven forbid we want a member of the team to succeed - what the fcuk) look stupid.

One day we might even have fans who truly want our players to succeed vs. those who don't.

Reading this you would think that Bright has been caught high on class A drugs attempting to burn down the Jimmy Hill statue followed by trying to shag Lady Godiva in the City Centre after beating up Grendel's taxi driver.

Christ I haven’t finished the last one. Bar tender another!

Grendel

Who did Catweazle "hate" before Max?

I wish I had your one liner ability O Drivel - the timing is just so there. Bit like the Wolves youth team on Sunday

clint van damme

As I've stated, I, and I'm sure others, don't hate Bright. I'm just concerned that a player with his reputation could upset the apple cart.
Not turning up Sunday (or turning up late), did nothing to allay those concerns. Anyone who isn't concerned about a player with his track record really should be.

It's not about wanting one individual to succeed, it's about not wanting one individual to fuck it up for everyone else.

COV

As I've stated, I, and I'm sure others, don't hate Bright. I'm just concerned that a player with his reputation could upset the apple cart.
Not turning up Sunday (or turning up late), did nothing to allay those concerns. Anyone who isn't concerned about a player with his track record really should be.

It's not about wanting one individual to succeed, it's about not wanting one individual to fuck it up for everyone else.

Plus we've invested in him now, I don't know if he's one of our more highly paid players but we aren't exactly dripping in cash, that wage could have gone elsewhere if he's not interested.

Sick Boy

Hear hear - grown men using ‘haters’ 🤣🤣🤣

PVA

Well Bright is in the team tonight. Quite a few people in here will look a bit hasty with the pile on if it turns out he had valid reasons for Sunday (which hopefully he did!)

Users who are viewing this thread