World Cup Winner? (1 Viewer)

2018 World Cup Winner will be...

• Total voters

covcity4life

agree with sickboy that amount of people who were saying how shit we are pre tournament and now loving the team is funny, but also expected

luckily as i am the most knowledgeable poster on this forum i could see we were playing well in friendlies too.

Otis

I've been sticking up for England for years.

Been plenty of threads on here where posters have said they can't even be arsed to watch England games when they are on the TV.

Bet they're all watching now. ;)

hill83

I've been sticking up for England for years.

Been plenty of threads on here where posters have said they can't even be arsed to watch England games when they are on the TV.

Bet they're all watching now. ;)

Whilst we are here can I just say that I’ve always said I prefer England games to Cov games and have no shame in saying it. And I’ve said it on here many times before.

Otis

Whilst we are here can I just a say that I’ve always said I prefer England games to Cov games and have no shame in saying it. And I’ve said it on here many times before.
I've had a fair bit of stick on here saying that England winning the World Cup would be bigger and better than City winning the league or cup.

This is the WHOLE country!! Length and breadth of the land!

giphy.gif

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I certainly wrote Southgate off, but didn't, the team.

I thought Southgate would make for a terrible England manager.

Just goes to show doesn't it and some great club managers go on to make dreadful international managers (Don Revie).
And some managers are just terrible managers for club and country, ie the wally in the brolly.

giphy.gif

Nonleagueherewecome

Or people who seem to think you can't be English if you don't say "It's coming home" in every sentence possible. It's like when you couldn't be a city fan without saying NOPM or SISU Out, if you didn't put it that you were no way a fan.
I was working on Saturday, finished at 4:40pm. I signed out of the retail link radio and the CCTV man said "have a great evening, It'scominghome". So much for avoiding the result, then!

ccfchoi87

Club before country always. Seeing cov lads scoring to win us promotion at Wembley tops anything England will ever do. I would've picked us to win promotion even if it meant England never qualified for a tournament again.

CJ_covblaze

Club before country always. Seeing cov lads scoring to win us promotion at Wembley tops anything England will ever do. I would've picked us to win promotion even if it meant England never qualified for a tournament again.

Seeing that at Wembley was special. However seeing Maddison and Bayliss beat the Argies in the final in Qatar will be better.

Otis

Yeah, exactly and quite simply, they would have played for us.

Would also be especially pleased if Jordan Henderson scored for England, because he is another ex City player.

Otis

On a similar note, just wondering if anyone else has the same mindset as me in terms of being much happier when a kid we bring through is English?

I am always more heartened if they are English and had just the slightest tinge of disappointment when I found out the likes of George Thomas were Welsh.

I always look at our kids and hope that one day they play for England, so am always keen to see what nationality they are when they break through.

Am the same with every other team too.

If I hear about a great game being had by an up and coming new young player in the top leagues I am always delighted if I then discover that they are English!!

CJ_covblaze

Yeah watching Leicester's star man and one of Leicester's own will be something else!

Don't care what club they play for. What matters to me is what how our great City helped them get to where they are.

CJ_covblaze

Yeah watching Leicester's star man and one of Leicester's own will be something else!

Don't care what club they play for. What matters to me is what how our great City helped them get to where they are.

Users who are viewing this thread